Mephisto Genetics Sour crack dwc - Harvest Day 50 56g dry

Defolation helps with this strain to open up bud sites. She is a stocky strain and tends to stack nodes and leaves close together. I've grown a bunch of these in soil and love them! I'm super psyched to see what you can pull from her in DWC! I averaged about an ounce each in organic super soil. She tends to stay small, but should grow to her full potential in DWC provided you have enough light. I think the sky is the limit with yours.

Defolation helps with this strain to open up bud sites. She is a stocky strain and tends to stack nodes and leaves close together. I've grown a bunch of these in soil and love them! I'm super psyched to see what you can pull from her in DWC! I averaged about an ounce each in organic super soil. She tends to stay small, but should grow to her full potential in DWC provided you have enough light. I think the sky is the limit with yours.
I love this strain as well. However, it and 24 Carat are very Indica and will not build massive root systems during their short life span. Also, defoliation should be done in moderation, but will help expose more light. Too aggressive defoliation result in lower yields on most heavy Indica plants as they grow less leaves in general and do better with light to moderate defoliation. Especially BOG Gene's, I had a Sour Bubble from BOG himself that was super sensitive to Rootbounding and defoliation.

@MissUniverse , I do not suggest DWC in smaller pots. I understand your method of thinking, but smaller pots are harder to keep happy. I would highly suggest you try Coco sometime with Sour Cracks. You get the rapid growth of Hydro, but you can use small pots. I am a firm believer that Autoflower plants are all about ROOTS. ROOTS determine everything for them IMO, especially flowering. Most likely your DWC plant will go longer, as the roots will not even come close to filling the bucket. It is a small strain and fast finishing. The Root system doesn't have time to build as thick, because it's energy is focused on BUDDING so quickly. My personal theory with Sour Crack type strains is to fill a smaller pot full of Roots fast and it keeps steady growth and the plants finish fast. Large pots with small Root system is not as productive, especially in Coco. You are doing a great job and I am not trying to any you away from DWC. I just would not Sour Cracks in DWC personally. Throw a medium sized straining that Bucket and the Root system will be 2x as big as a Sour Cracks. All about the roots with Autos! You are already close to half way home, keep up the good work! Glad you saw the N claw quickly. That is the great part of DWC. Plants response is fast and you can easily fix things if you have a good eye, like you have. Peace, slow

Yeah that's what I always thought! I have never grown photos but smoked photos that went longer than what the auto equivalent was and I found that too. I too think it's the internal clock thing. I also wonder if the ruderalis Gene's cause the cannabinoids to be less stable for lack of a better phrase... Like if the terpenes breakdown faster due to the fact that the plant itself begins to break down the sugars faster in the plant. but in that same tone, does that mean autos could make better seed planta for things like seed for food oils and fast strains focused on hemp production (just musing here). Autos seem just so different than the traditional photo growing that when I have show growers who grew in the 90's how to grow autos they have had problem growing them like they grew their old regularphotos.

Man, you’re not wrong. I never considered myself a good grower by any means, I was too off and on for that but... Ive Really been struggling with autos. I’ve grown and harvested about a dozen auto plants now and the yields have been super small, super airy, and they’re not, I don’t know if I’m getting them at the right maturity which is what caught my attention from your post. If I normally try to grab photos before 5-10 percent amber, then am I trying to get autos with no amber at all? Because I find it harder to tell between cloudy and clear trichs whereas the ambers are pretty obvious. I’m the type that normally doesn’t even keep much track of how many days it’s been. I’ve alwYs relied on checking the trichs 1 to 2 times a day once it’s looking close...

The has to be a better way to see these trichs, what do you guys use these days to look really close ? I’ve never been able to see enough from just a loupe, if I use the loupe as a camera lense on my phone and I use digital zoom to about 5, (10x makes it too unstable). I can see the trichs but it’s really difficult as I have an iPhone 8 that switches lenses on its own when light level changes which causes the image to be blocked every time I try to get close to a bud for a pic. If I don’t snap it fast enough the lense switches when the bud blocks the light. Why on earth someone would make a camera do that with no way to shut it off is beyond me

I saw usb microscopes on amazon and they look like junk to me, idk what else people are using these days but it’s harder for me to see in the loupe now at my age than when I was a spring chicken lol

Oh and sour crack has been the best auto for me so far, I seem to have the least issues with her out of all the other strains and breeders I’ve tried thus far which isn’t too many but enough to see sour crack is something special

Man, you’re not wrong. I never considered myself a good grower by any means, I was too off and on for that but... Ive Really been struggling with autos. I’ve grown and harvested about a dozen auto plants now and the yields have been super small, super airy, and they’re not, I don’t know if I’m getting them at the right maturity which is what caught my attention from your post. If I normally try to grab photos before 5-10 percent amber, then am I trying to get autos with no amber at all? Because I find it harder to tell between cloudy and clear trichs whereas the ambers are pretty obvious. I’m the type that normally doesn’t even keep much track of how many days it’s been. I’ve alwYs relied on checking the trichs 1 to 2 times a day once it’s looking close...

The has to be a better way to see these trichs, what do you guys use these days to look really close ? I’ve never been able to see enough from just a loupe, if I use the loupe as a camera lense on my phone and I use digital zoom to about 5, (10x makes it too unstable). I can see the trichs but it’s really difficult as I have an iPhone 8 that switches lenses on its own when light level changes which causes the image to be blocked every time I try to get close to a bud for a pic. If I don’t snap it fast enough the lense switches when the bud blocks the light. Why on earth someone would make a camera do that with no way to shut it off is beyond me

I saw usb microscopes on amazon and they look like junk to me, idk what else people are using these days but it’s harder for me to see in the loupe now at my age than when I was a spring chicken lol

Oh and sour crack has been the best auto for me so far, I seem to have the least issues with her out of all the other strains and breeders I’ve tried thus far which isn’t too many but enough to see sour crack is something special
I got a big collection of loupe type things. It’s maddening seeing the trichomes. To do it well, I need good light and the fan off. Even then I can barely see it. The standard jewelers loupe is a go-to for me, but the square one is my favorite. The mini handheld microscope one did not work at all for viewing trichomes although it may be fine for other applications.
2D4E747B-B5A1-448C-9CB9-7C2DCF1B0022.jpeg
76F3FED1-6C7D-4FB0-A640-61172C065BB2.jpeg

Taken with the square one:
697A66BF-A607-49DA-BD44-6C73E17FF167.jpeg

That Dinafem is ready for harvest any time, going to let her go a few more days. The clear trichomes are sparkly in appearance, the cloudy trichomes look dull and even opaque. And a smattering of amber seals it. My photo is better quality and I can zoom in on it — the photo you see here was probably reduced in size by xenforo. Here’s the same photo, a little zoomed in:
7AE14573-F5C4-4889-BC8C-D11A2B5D8AC0.jpeg

Maddening even still.

I'll get back on all this later but the jewlers loupe I use I just have to look close and I've just taken a long time to get it right. I literally have someone hold a super high powered led spot light on the plant while the light is out and I look through the loupe. But I should invent a better loupe. The digital microscopes suck the resolution is low. All you need is 2 good lenses focused right and it's good. Just 2 good magnifying glass lenses. Probably costs about 20 bucks. My friend and I made one before. 2 high powered magnifying glasses and focused them properly and then just superglue some metal bars to each of them and it did a great job. Lots of light, huge viewing area and could see everything.

Just 2 good magnifying glasses, super glue and some time to focus 2 together on eachother

Everything is coming along great MissUniverse!

I second trichome hunting with various devices is a pain in the ass.
I feel the loupe like DG has with the two lenses is good, but I feel not enough magnification.
MY 60-120X one is a pain to focus and I find I'm getting too picky.
So I'm do I harvest?
I will look for the square one on Amazon, may be easier or maybe I should relax and not worry I'm gonna ruin it all when I harvest.

Back