Mephisto Genetics Sour crack dwc - Harvest Day 50 56g dry

Day 18
Been leaf tucking everyday
LlXnyRq.jpg

Roots
adtaq1E.jpg

Short video

Sweet - Looking Solid!

Looking good. I agree, someone on this site mentioned that they believe the effects of Autos changes more rapidly than Photos. For example, an Auto plant with 10% Amber might give a more downer effect than a Photo strain with only 10% Amber. I am not sure about scientific proof, but I will agree that Mephisto strains will decrease in quality if taken too long. I can tell by the Rosin quality and quantity. I have heard peak time for potency for Autos is more on the Mostly Cloudy, with no Amber. There could be something to this theory, as I will agree the Quality of my Rosin is always superior on the early side of Harvest. Yield, taste, and over all looks are typically better without any Amber at all. That being said, all strains will change flavors, smells, effects if taken to mostly Amber. I have a photo Strain that will smell, taste and look completely different if taken 2 weeks extra. But in a good way. However most Autos I have taken that much extra seem to lose potency quicker than any Photo strain I have done if extended too long. This kind of confirms the "internal clock" theory of Autos. Peace slow
Yeah that's what I always thought! I have never grown photos but smoked photos that went longer than what the auto equivalent was and I found that too. I too think it's the internal clock thing. I also wonder if the ruderalis Gene's cause the cannabinoids to be less stable for lack of a better phrase... Like if the terpenes breakdown faster due to the fact that the plant itself begins to break down the sugars faster in the plant. but in that same tone, does that mean autos could make better seed planta for things like seed for food oils and fast strains focused on hemp production (just musing here). Autos seem just so different than the traditional photo growing that when I have show growers who grew in the 90's how to grow autos they have had problem growing them like they grew their old regularphotos.

f41529c4d43454b0569dcad7fdee2ce4.jpg

DWC Sour Crack

Vs

Hempy Sour Crack (wich had issues)

Wild difference. The DWC sour crack was the same size/style hempy when I upgraded her to DWC and she trippled in size

Literally

Excellent job miss universe :) her Nugs are rock solid and stinky/frosty as could be!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f41529c4d43454b0569dcad7fdee2ce4.jpg

DWC Sour Crack

Vs

Hempy Sour Crack (wich had issues)

Wild difference. The DWC sour crack was the same size/style hempy when I upgraded her to DWC and she trippled in size

Literally

Excellent job miss universe :) her Nugs are rock solid and stinky/frosty as could be!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can see a major difference! The nice thing about sour crack in dwc as I've seen is it seems to be making a bit of a Bush but it still makes that main cola that's a nice chunky monkey. Definitely grows different than Tyrone special did in dwc. Much more compact and small. Compared to the other dwc strain shes stayed pretty compact for day 21... now that I say that shes gonna explode :p

I'll be posting photos and a video in a bit. I got the claw yesterday so as soon as I saw it i dumped the res and changed to bloom nutes with a lot less N. New growth is growing out of it. I have it shown in the video. Other than that shes great no burn yet so hopefully she remains good. It's interesting how she dosent put out nearly the root system others do. I'm also grabbing a new airstone and throwing it in today so that will help too. My plan is every about 25 days to put in a new one and call it part of the cost of running dwc.

I hate this pos phone can I say that. I keep writing my message over and over and my phone keeps crashing. I had a huge response written. Heres the tl;dr
Day 24. Had the claw changed the res as said above. Theres some pics and a video. Does it look like moving to flower nutes and lowering the nutes a bit and lowering the n to 1/4 what is was is helping
Roots
mUIUmRR.jpg

Plant
vTTkJ6Q.jpg

Vid showing claw and then new leaves without the claw

I'll be posting photos and a video in a bit. I got the claw yesterday so as soon as I saw it i dumped the res and changed to bloom nutes with a lot less N. New growth is growing out of it. I have it shown in the video. Other than that shes great no burn yet so hopefully she remains good. It's interesting how she dosent put out nearly the root system others do. I'm also grabbing a new airstone and throwing it in today so that will help too. My plan is every about 25 days to put in a new one and call it part of the cost of running dwc.
I was going to mention that because Sour Cracks finish so quickly that the Root system won't get as big as a longer flowering plants. One of the reasons I use very small pots of Coco with Sour Cracks is to help speed up Flowering. I know from experience that the plant won't fill a big pot with roots, so I prefer to use smaller pots and feed more often. You are doing a great job, and on top the N claw starting. Sour Crack is prone to N sensitivity. Good work,.peace slowandeasy

I was going to mention that because Sour Cracks finish so quickly that the Root system won't get as big as a longer flowering plants. One of the reasons I use very small pots of Coco with Sour Cracks is to help speed up Flowering. I know from experience that the plant won't fill a big pot with roots, so I prefer to use smaller pots and feed more often. You are doing a great job, and on top the N claw starting. Sour Crack is prone to N sensitivity. Good work,.peace slowandeasy
I would wonder if it's possible to do sc just as well in a 3.5 gallon res... looks le it so far. Her roots seem to show so this far. Maybe closest thing to a sog dwc strain as you get. Next post is pics and a video but wont be till later. Clawing went away on new growth

Back