Grow Room Smorf's Micro #4: Mephisto northern cheese haze

do the bubbling,add nutes then test ph.adjust if needed.no ?
:pighug:
Yeah thats ideal but i need to get a good ph meter for liquids for that i think.
Because im doubting the accuracy of a color test kit on anything but clear water, such as water with nutes in it. Thats why i went ahead and watered in what i phd to 6.5 (clear water before nutes) but was reading yellow/6.0 after i added nutes.
I hope this makes sense.:smoking:

I will probably continue this grow and my next grow by phing water thats bubbled for 24hrs to 6.5 and then not worrying about what my api ph test kit says the ph is with nutes in it.
Because im not sure that mammoth p, recharge, biothrive bloom or camg+ actually bring ph down that much
i think the 6.0/yellow reading on the color chart had to do with the water already being a darker color from the nutes. :pass:
what does everyone think about that?
Maybe the api test kit is still accurate after adding nutes? In that case i will adjust ph after adding nutes.

Last edited:
nah if its yellow its means your 6.0 or lower, adding anything pretty much will change the ph of the water, like myself its 7 to 7.2 from the tap, and if i say throw in some maxibloom it will drop the ph down to 6.0 to 6.2, always adjust your ph after you've added nutrients.

Edit: Also bubbling of just simple agitation "flooming" of the water isn't really necessary unless your say a dwc grower or are making a tea, or trying to get rid of tap water chlorine quicker than just leaving it out, sure it does as oxygen to it but you can only add so much and with fabric pots you provide plenty of air anyways, but there is no harm in it either obviously.

Last edited:
nah if its yellow its means your 6.0 or lower, adding anything pretty much will change the ph of the water, like myself its 7 to 7.2 from the tap, and if i say throw in some maxibloom it will drop the ph down to 6.0 to 6.2, always adjust your ph after you've added nutrients
Thanks for clearing that up. If you use and trust the api kit then i can too:smoking:

Thanks for clearing that up. If you use and trust the api kit then i can too:smoking:

its served me well over the last 8 or 9 years, after awhile you don't use it as you pretty much know your ballparks, and or only bring it out when your having issues, as im not too religious on the testing of it, as i rather would make things simpler with less steps than to add more, but its needed to know initially then you can go off of that

Soil ph was 6.4 towards the bottom of the pot and 6.8 towards the top:smoking:
I should have her dialed in the rest of the way i think.
Still low odor:thumbsup:
Phone pics of ss#1 bud from my last harvest
IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know why everybody is so against these yellow pH pens from from the bay. I bought one vor 8€ and checked it every other day for 6 weeks against the kalibration solution (pH 4 and 6,35) we use in the lab where I'm working atm. It was only off 15% off the time, and the max it was off was 0.2. I think that is pretty stable and more accurate than guessing the right color. At least for me.

I don't know why everybody is so against these yellow pH pens from from the bay. I bought one vor 8€ and checked it every other day for 6 weeks against the kalibration solution (pH 4 and 6,35) we use in the lab where I'm working atm. It was only off 15% off the time, and the max it was off was 0.2. I think that is pretty stable and more accurate than guessing the right color. At least for me.

I broke mine after the 4th or 5th use, bulb just shattered and i didn't hit anything, was just a really thin bulb, plus mine kept creeping ph wise so said f-it, ill get a good one some day but not confident with the yellow ones.

Day 46
Gave 24oz water with recharge, 0.25ml mammoth p, 2ml biothrive bloom, 2ml GO camg+ ph was around 6 then added recharge last then tested it again and it just looked very dark yellow on ph test chart.
Soil ph 6.4-6.8 after i watered everything in.
Ph up crystals will be here in time for next feed so i can adjust better.:pass:
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg

Last edited:
Back