Grow Room Smorf's Micro #4: Mephisto northern cheese haze

You mean 250, which is almost double the value now ;) lol, basic range kits are around 250 tests as they use three drops the wider range kits are 150 as they use 5 drops
I hope this is a mistake on amazons part then, what do you make of it?
I couldnt find the one you had pictured but this looked to be the closest to it.
4.4 out of 5 stars 181Reviews
API PH TEST KIT 150-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water pH Test Kit

lol look at the third picture in the amazon listing, i'm gonna say it's them but i think the new tests have documentation saying add 3-5 drops which would technically make it 150 at 5 drops per, or 250 at 3 either way doesn't really matter, i was just joking about the added value lol
61lEdVdmtlL._SL1000_.jpg

you'll probably want to increase the bio thrive on the next feeding to about double just with the way its looking, which is still good a couple weeks out
I was thinking about that, glad im not the only one.
I got my api ph test kit today.
Turns out my tap water ph has been way high this whole time. Turned blue indicating 7.6 or higher. Took 5 pinches of earth juice crystals to bring a gallon down to 6.5ph. This is good news i guess because i think i should see major improvement in this grow and in the future.
@Mr. Sparkle can this kit accurately measure ph after adding nutes or is the color going to be off?:pass:

Last edited:
no it should measure accurately unless your water color is complete different like really dirty runoff then it harder to tell, but even with a slight color change its pretty good, and i don't think nutrients will effect it ability to tell the ph of your solution.

Day 44
I had to ph my gallon of water again after it bubbled for 24 hr it was 7.6+ again.
Got it to 6.5 then gave 24oz water with 0.2ml mammoth p, 2ml biothrive bloom and 2ml calmag.
Checkd ph of that and it was yellow on the chart/6.0 but i watered it in anyway, i ordered some ph up crystals because that would have been nice to have right then lol.
I think the soil ph is at 7 so it should buffer it?
I will check soil ph tomorrow.
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg
IMG_3225.JPG

Back