New Grower Slaters first grow... Fixin' to be a lot better, man...3xBig Easy, Freedom Seeds

funny... that was the question i was going to ask, beat me to it. Do you think i should take the training wire away as well ?
I'm not sure. I might loosen slightly but the general idea could help during stretch. I spent loadsa time tying down side branches on my Northern Lights, this method may save you time. But, I'd also be worried the tightness of the wire might stunt em, I really dunno

After counting on the calendar we are on day 33

The 2 bigger plants have most definitely started to reach for the sky's, must have grown nearly 1" today. Both needed a water, gave them 4ltr each, 1ml grow , 1ml bloom per ltr (will up the bloom on wk6). Decided to remove the training wire on these 2 as they where fighting against it, even pulled some of out of its holes, couple of hard nuts these girls, give a Geordie lass a run for her money on a Friday night.

Plant no.2
WP_20160925_19_17_24_Rich.jpg

WP_20160925_19_18_00_Rich (2).jpg

Plant no.3, nick named the misses
WP_20160925_19_41_45_Rich.jpg

WP_20160925_19_42_14_Rich.jpg

Plant no.1 still behind, showing its sex but not going for it yet. At least a couple of inches smaller. One thing I have noticed its very dens and leafy but seems health, just a little slow

WP_20160925_19_52_44_Rich.jpg

I would let them stretch now. I would also keep the ties, unless they are restricting, as Cat mentioned. They have some stretching to do and keeping the ties will keep em spread out.

Ha har... I've jumped the gun a bit. Most did feel like they need removing they where really fighting against them. I could have probably left couple in... Oh well lesson learn't... wait for site to up date and get advice :rolleyes1:

Hey Slater

Bit of long read in short time. Looks like you've got things in good shape, can't be easy in a loft. I'd it gonna get cold there soon?

Hey Slater

Bit of long read in short time. Looks like you've got things in good shape, can't be easy in a loft. I'd it gonna get cold there soon?

Thanks Jingo, feeling more confident every day in what I'm doing

Totally working on that heat problem, for the moment I have the tents wrapped up in rockwool a duvet and blankets at night. Only had 2 nights so far that the temps in the loft dropped to about 10c and the tent stayed at a 22c to 25c. I mainly did that to keep the heat out as this Sept has been up and down on temps where I live. I'm also venting into the loft and that's keeping the temp up a bit but that might change soon, thinking of venting into the soil pipe
I'm breaking it down after this grow to re-jig and box the tents in like a cool box (i will probably do thread on it, got some good ideas for some stealth, I'm in a rented house).
I have also just picked up a mini oil rad which I shall build a box for it, running the intake into the box, having it flow in and around the rad then into a Y duct fitting splinting the flow for both tents. I might even introduce a couple of tube heaters as well under the the pots.
We shall just have to see how its go's in Jan/Feb and March to see if it works... If not I'm telling the misses we are moving so I can build that groom :biggrin:

Ha har... I've jumped the gun a bit. Most did feel like they need removing they where really fighting against them. I could have probably left couple in... Oh well lesson learn't... wait for site to up date and get advice :rolleyes1:
They look great Slater. Taking the ties off ain't no thang. Whatever you've been doing is working out.
Is your light schedule 24/0?

The reason I ask light schedule, if you run 24/0 it will be easier in cooler conditions, I'd think.

I like your thinking there, that will most defiantly help in Jan/Feb and march. What i shall do is when i do the re-build is do some environment tests and see what figures I come up with... I shall be building the box for the oil rad this weekend, think I might be needing it soon as temps dropped last night, main tent was 20c at its lowest with light on.

Back