Outdoor Seed and Breed Early Garden

If it's wet outside, cut a branch of the male just before it opens.
Bring it inside, out of the wet.
Just put the stem in a glass of water or something, like cut flowers.
(They are cut flowers!)
Collect the pollen when driest time of the day.
Try to avoid having the outer pollen sack, that will still hold moisture.
You can cut it down with a tiny bit of fine flour, maybe 5:1 flour:pollen.
Put the flower in a small container and throw it in the oven to fully dry it out.
Put the lid on the container to keep the moisture out, let it cool.
When cooled, quickly drop in the pollen.
That's help keep it nice and dry.

Paint the pollen/flour mix with a tiny paintbrush, or a cotton q-tip onto fresh pistils.
Do a slightly lower branch, but one that still gets sun.
That way, when you cut your sensimilla colas up top, you can leave that seeded branch,
and cut it down later when the seeds are fully matured.

If it's wet outside, cut a branch of the male just before it opens.
Bring it inside, out of the wet.
Just put the stem in a glass of water or something, like cut flowers.
(They are cut flowers!)
Collect the pollen when driest time of the day.
Try to avoid having the outer pollen sack, that will still hold moisture.
You can cut it down with a tiny bit of fine flour, maybe 5:1 flour:pollen.
Put the flower in a small container and throw it in the oven to fully dry it out.
Put the lid on the container to keep the moisture out, let it cool.
When cooled, quickly drop in the pollen.
That's help keep it nice and dry.

Paint the pollen/flour mix with a tiny paintbrush, or a cotton q-tip onto fresh pistils.
Do a slightly lower branch, but one that still gets sun.
That way, when you cut your sensimilla colas up top, you can leave that seeded branch,
and cut it down later when the seeds are fully matured.
that sounds an excellent idea and procedure. I want more Nims seeds, to keep the line and mix it. I got really fine paint brushes i do my silly drawings.

NL and Afghani are officially flowering and doing really well after a couple days of good sun. Pink Kush and Dr. Seedsman have sprouted and are above ground now too.

NL
IMG_20200622_194644883.jpg

IMG_20200622_194602898.jpg

Afghani
IMG_20200622_194731902.jpg

IMG_20200622_194634495.jpg

Anyone know what this little guy is? I kicked him off the Afghani.
IMG_20200622_194655527.jpg

hey Heelo :pass: I think it is a Cicadella viridis , i took a sceen and took it paint saved as a jpeg and uploaded to yandex image search, is a great way to find a species, its pretty good,m btw plants are looking great

NL and Afghani are officially flowering and doing really well after a couple days of good sun. Pink Kush and Dr. Seedsman have sprouted and are above ground now too.

NL
View attachment 1205407
View attachment 1205408

Afghani
View attachment 1205409
View attachment 1205410

Anyone know what this little guy is? I kicked him off the Afghani.
View attachment 1205411
Yup here in the US we call them leaf hoppers.... They take little nibbles out of the leafs. Looking for water.
I water the ground out around my grow to keep the grass and weeds growing and full of water and use them like sacrificial Lambs to help keep the leafhoppers and other sucking insects on the outside of the grow cage and not so much on the inside. :pass:
hey Heelo :pass: I think it is a Cicadella viridis , i took a sceen and took it paint saved as a jpeg and uploaded to yandex image search, is a great way to find a species, its pretty good,m btw plants are looking great

That's a great resource Smokey, thanks man! Awesome to be able to image search pests. ✌️

Yup here in the US we call them leaf hoppers.... They take little nibbles out of the leafs. Looking for water.
I water the ground out around my grow to keep the grass and weeds growing and full of water and use them like sacrificial Lambs to help keep the leafhoppers and other sucking insects on the outside of the grow cage and not so much on the inside. :pass:

That's what I was looking for! I knew the damage looked like leaf hopper damage pics I'd seen but couldn't think of the name. Hope your season is going well! ✌️

That's a great resource Smokey, thanks man! Awesome to be able to image search pests. ✌

That's what I was looking for! I knew the damage looked like leaf hopper damage pics I'd seen but couldn't think of the name. Hope your season is going well! ✌
Thanks @heelo
Yup the grow cage is growing of the chain. And going on week 5 of flower.
You haven't stopped by in a while to see the new yard girl's this year.
The new 2nd crop yard girl's are big as F@$#... And only 6 day's after transplanting and they're loving life. :headbang: :pass:

Thanks @heelo
Yup the grow cage is growing of the chain. And going on week 5 of flower.
You haven't stopped by in a while to see the new yard girl's this year.
The new 2nd crop yard girl's are big as F@$#... And only 6 day's after transplanting and they're loving life. :headbang: :pass:

I thought I was following your thread, but I just looked and I'm still subbed to last year's thread

That's a great resource Smokey, thanks man! Awesome to be able to image search pests. ✌

That's what I was looking for! I knew the damage looked like leaf hopper damage pics I'd seen but couldn't think of the name. Hope your season is going well! ✌
hey Heelo, Np mate, Sometimes it in Russian but the botantic name of the pest or common name is mentioned :woohoo:

Back