New Grower SCHOOL DAZE (seed to jar)live guide

Welcome to school daze.
This is the new growers school.

Here I'm going to be doing a live week to week simple guide to growing autos in soil.

Will be a basic easy to follow guide.
No big fancy words no crazy wild stuff.
Just a basic guide from start to smoke. Seed to jar.
We shall cover basic lighting
Basic nutrients
Show a lot of how to and when to with light hight , room conditions , low stress training , watering and all the rest of all the stuff I have picked up here from AFN in my short time of growing.

Feel free to ask all the questions pertaining to the week/subject you would like.
If I don't know the answer [HASHTAG]#iknowaguy[/HASHTAG] or gal

Well class is in session!
IMG_20180424_232131.jpg

Thanks man I’m new as well needing medicine for my wife (stroke and seizures) running a hydro tent grow with platinum 300 light plants in beginning of veg state. Wondering when to top change water etc. seeds are blue dream extreme fem from Ned. And CBdoc from same. What a great site, just joined last week. Do you know of any good hydro threads? This one is fantastic even though soil oriented
I'll take a look when I get home and link you bro. Cheers and good luck.

Thanks man I’m new as well needing medicine for my wife (stroke and seizures) running a hydro tent grow with platinum 300 light plants in beginning of veg state. Wondering when to top change water etc. seeds are blue dream extreme fem from Ned. And CBdoc from same. What a great site, just joined last week. Do you know of any good hydro threads? This one is fantastic even though soil oriented
Lots of great threads in there
Cheers

@Master_gRoshi great guide even for old hands i still read any thread i see you can never know to much i wish i could give you some rep but a hug will have to do :bighug: :headbang: :vibe:

Super helpful thanks so much for your time and sharing! What kind of lighting schedule are you following? I have a hydro grow with a platinum 300 led. Just ready to tie down main stalk. Using floragro products

Super helpful thanks so much for your time and sharing! What kind of lighting schedule are you following? I have a hydro grow with a platinum 300 led. Just ready to tie down main stalk. Using floragro products
With autos. I have ran 24 hours on all time down to 12/12.
All with success. I do feel some dark time is good for stress and recovery but they will grow on just about any schedule. 18/6 seems to be about the most efficient for growth, room temp control, and light costs .
I find most folks usually settle around that schedule for the autos.

And to give you a little confidence. I tried dwc before. Pulled a 1lb auto having zero clue what I was doing lol. Had several failures as well.
I do know some very very key components for dwc are
Never too much air. The more tiny bubbles the better.
Viscous/turbulent violent water no good. Big bubbles are not good in excess
Water temps are where I had issues.
And may be most important.
Had nothing to lower the water temp to desired area. Root rot and other root scums will cause a bad experience.
But as long as you have the right nute solution at a proper ph and ppm
Good temps. Some root guard
You have some quality light already.
I think you are on track to rock a grow as long as you mind the temps, ph,and ppms.

Training is a game changer. Trained plants win championships lol.
But really. It even strengthens the stalks so when the buds get heavy they dont fall on the floor.
Every time I neglected to train a plant. Floor bud.
You stringing up buds is no fun lol

Sorry for the ramble. 1st buzz of the day and I get chatty. Haha. Also. If you have any other questions. Or if you have a thread. Tag me. I'll gladly come check and help where I can.

I cant stress enough how much AFN has done for me in so many ways. Learned all I know about growing here. Passing along the knowledge is just as important as gaining it to me.

Cheers.

Also. I have a few photo and auto seedlings.
I now feel inspired to do another guide.
I have tweaked a few things with the soil growing. And feel like I have it down to a very very simple grow.
Only using 1 kind of soil. 1 bottle of nutes. It's by far the easiest and cheapest I have grown.
20190907_092257.jpg

Last harvest. Lemon diesel cola.

I’m running lights 12-8. I have the air on high so I probably will reduce the flow and see what they tell me... lots of nodes developing from lower leaves. Seeds are blue dream extreme fem and CBdoc fem from Amsterdam I don’t think they’re autos. Anything I should do different with them not being autos?

I’m running lights 12-8. I have the air on high so I probably will reduce the flow and see what they tell me... lots of nodes developing from lower leaves. Seeds are blue dream extreme fem and CBdoc fem from Amsterdam I don’t think they’re autos. Anything I should do different with them not being autos?
12-8?? Ya missing 4 hrs

12-8?? Ya missing 4 hrs
4 hours in the twilight zone maybe lol.
Nah. Not much different if photos. Just keep em on 18/6 for a while. If they start to flower on 18/6 you know they are autos.. if not. After you get them trained and to desired veg sized then switch to 12/12. And keep in mind. They typically double in size after the flip if photos. Much like how an auto doubles in size during preflower.

Back