Indoor School daze KISS seed to finish guide

Hello again old stoners and hello new growers and stoners.
This will be my revised KISS (keeping it super simple) live tutorial/guide.

This grow along I will show everyone step by step how I grow. Super easy to follow. Low cost and easy to do.

Items needed for the grow

Grow space and equipment

Good lighting

Autopots(optional)*
20191020_152304.jpg20191020_152259.jpg20191020_152238.jpg
Fox farms ocean forest soil.
20191020_152002.jpg
Technaflora pura Vida bloom nutes.
20191020_151922.jpg
Ph up/down depending on water source
20191020_151938.jpg
Reliable Ph meter.
20191020_151856.jpg
Good seeds (works with both autos/photos)
20191020_160838.jpg
* autopots are recommended but absolutely can do the same thing with out. Bottom feeding is all it comes down to.

Much like the first guide we will cover basics on everything from start to finish

Grow space ,equipment , lighting, seed selection and germination technique coming tonight
And we will kick it off from there.

And as always. A huge shout out to @Son of Hobbes
AFN and all of the fine folks who help make this place so incredible

Any and all questions are much appreciated and I will be happy to help where I can.

Also note. I am not claiming this to be a superior method to any other nor bashing any other ways. What ever can get you to a satisfactory finish is a win in my book.

Cheers everybody. Hopefully you will all enjoy the journey as much as I will.

Quick little update before we get into the session.
I went ahead and put the work in and put trellis up. So I will be doing a trellis grow with all these beans

PLANTING BEANS
keeping this portion short and simple.
After I soak them i plant them. Typically plant them right in a pot. But waiting on mail for more pots and picking up soil tomorrow.
So these 4 got temporary homes in the solo cups.
20191021_194403.jpg

After I soak them til they pop open.
20191021_194753.jpg

Usually about 24-48 hours. I just use little poker to make a hole and place the seed pointy side down and bury lightly about 1/4 inch deep
20191021_191615.jpg
20191021_194415.jpg
20191021_194457.jpg

Then I lightly water the seed area.
Sometimes the soil in the bags is dry as can be so you may have to pre water it.
If I have to do that I do bring the ph down out to make the water 6.5 ish.
And then after I get them nice and snug and moist in the soil i leave them be until the soil is dry on the top.
A few were not popped open bit I planted them anyway.
Also included a short pictorial of my transplant of one of the apple skunks from cup to pot
20191021_184939.jpg
20191021_184948.jpg
20191021_184955.jpg
20191021_185050.jpg
20191021_185153.jpg

Short break then I'll cover small plant care and watering
And planning the grow space out.

Attachments

• 20191021_195434.jpg
    20191021_195434.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 136
SETTING UP THE GROW SPACE

Having a nice clean set up is very important.
The fan and filter in the corner would be better suited mounted to the ceiling. But that was too much work. And where it's at does fine for my set up
20191021_174950.jpg

In the corner and as much out of the way as possible
So we got the lights hung in desired areas before we put the trellis up.
The idea of the trellis is to train them as they grow and fill the squares with individual branches. Also forces me to be selective with branches and to clip off the branches that are not going to make the cut. That allows the plants to really focus all the energy on the colas

For installing the trellis I used a staple gun. The trellis is super cheap. And easier to install in a tent.

I went about 8 inches above the top of pots and another 8 inches above that.
Make sure to install top trellis 1st. Otherwise you will be playing a whole new game of twister lol.

The reason I am using trellis is to save time tying individual branches to pots and the 2nd reason also the reason for 2nd trellis is to keep buds and branches separated and off the floor.
Often referred to as a scrog. But can achieve same results with a ton of lst using green tape or any other items used to manipulate growth.

Here are the 3 babies in new home under the big lights and trellis set up
20191021_174950.jpg
20191021_190401.jpg
20191021_175037.jpg
20191021_175001.jpg
20191021_190307.jpg
20191021_190312.jpg

The other 4 will be added as they get potted

Will cover watering and phase one of the grow method tomorrow.

Cheers everyone

you know there was no way im missing this class. :pop:

master groshi is back with another training session...

where can i send you those "magazines" so i can have some 1 on 1 training? lol

SEEDLING CARE AND WATERING

The seedlings won't need much attention in the 1st week or so.
A nice misting here and there. Damp soil high humidity and temps mid 70s to low 80s
They dont need much light either. Just enough to keep them from stretching out
Over watering is a big no no with the babies. Just want the soil damp enough for the roots to be happy and look for water.
Best to sprinkle water lightly more often at this stage. And I'll water lightly like this until they are ready to bottom feed.

How I water.
I NEVER water at the stalk.
Always water in a ring starting at the leafs end.
This is because we want to expand our roots. And the roots will do the water distribution job that they are supposed to do. Make them work a little and they get bigger and stronger.
I dont always use a cup like this to water.
20191021_184256.jpg
20191021_184351.jpg
20191021_184903.jpg
20191021_184139.jpg
20191021_184910.jpg
20191021_190419.jpg

Note* all these photos were from last night and a did water them again today as they were dry on top.
Less water more often.

And also. If using a trellis. Get a watering wand. Essential garden tool

But the cup was just to make a good watering line to start. And I did ph the water to 6.52
Watered until damp. Light water. Just like with the seedlings the young plants are only getting water and as needed
Less water more often works for me. Especially since I want the tops fairly dry when they go to bottom fed/autopots. And I also stress the less more often because many many problems will come from over watering. Plant problems , mold problems, bug problems, a whole lot of problems that I have had to deal with from too much water.

And i won't add any nutes until flower unless they ask me for some nutes.
So after we get on bottom feeding its smooth sailing.

More time to focus on training or trellis training not having to mix nutes every other day.
So now ots all about monitoring room conditions.
My temp was great. Right at 79°
Which is fine for me.
Room humidity was low. So I added the humidifier.
Rh is now about 45% but I dont want to bring it up any higher as I have a lady flowering right next to the little ones.
If they were on their own I would be looking for 60%
So I supplement with a mister bottle when I can. Not sure it does much. If anything keeps leafs clean and makes me feel better.
The guide will get a little slow as far as what to do next because there is not much to do. Simple right?
So I'll keep the updates coming and cover things I have learned the hard way along the way to keep it fun and moving along
And here if anyone has any questions or feedback.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20191021_184156.jpg
    20191021_184156.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 147

A nice misting here and there. Damp soil high humidity and temps mid 70s to low 80s
Over watering is a big no no with the babies. Just want the soil damp enough for the roots to be happy and look for water.
Best to sprinkle water lightly more often at this stage. And I'll water lightly like this until they are ready to bottom feed.

How I water.
This is because we want to expand our roots. And the roots will do the water distribution job that they are supposed to do. Make them work a little and they get bigger and stronger.
I dont always use a cup like this to water. View attachment 1118809View attachment 1118810View attachment 1118811View attachment 1118807View attachment 1118812View attachment 1118813
Note* all these photos were from last night and a did water them again today as they were dry on top.
Less water more often.

But the cup was just to make a good watering line to start. And I did ph the water to 6.52
Watered until damp. Light water. Just like with the seedlings the young plants are only getting water and as needed
Less water more often works for me. Especially since I want the tops fairly dry when they go to bottom fed/autopots. And I also stress the less more often because many many problems will come from over watering. Plant problems , mold problems, bug problems, a whole lot of problems that I have had to deal with from too much water.

More time to focus on training or trellis training not having to mix nutes every other day.
Which is fine for me.
Rh is now about 45% but I dont want to bring it up any higher as I have a lady flowering right next to the little ones.
So I supplement with a mister bottle when I can. Not sure it does much. If anything keeps leafs clean and makes me feel better.
The guide will get a little slow as far as what to do next because there is not much to do. Simple right?
So I'll keep the updates coming and cover things I have learned the hard way along the way to keep it fun and moving along

Cheers
Glad I was able to find this thread ! My next grow will be this exact run. Love the simplicity ! I’ll be following along !

How I water.
I dont always use a cup like this to water. View attachment 1118809View attachment 1118810View attachment 1118811View attachment 1118807View attachment 1118812View attachment 1118813
Less water more often.

Which is fine for me.

Cheers
Hey @Master_gRoshi I really appreciate you doing this. One can NEVER overeducate themselves!
So that been said, I have a couple questions. Can you tell me more about the wand? Is it basically a manual pump garden sprayer? Or is it more specialized for "indoor gardening" lol. And secondly what is your experience with cloning autos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she wasn't in full flower but she is in these pictures today^! Lol, but still look below at the pistils on the cosmic bomb!
Yeah just a basic pump sprayer.
And as far as cloning autos. I have zero experience. From what I read it can be done. But folks I see do it only do it for small plants to reverse fem to breed them. Or something along those lines.
Pretty confident you could root it. But as it is on the same life cycle as the mom. After the time it takes to root. You may end up with a nice larf bud lol but I dont think it will be worth the time invested. But if you have the space and time. Why not try it out and see.
Nice looking lst in the pics my man.
Thanks for dropping in and tagging along

Back