Live Stoners Rifleman vs kushNFT Shortstuff Auto Jedi Kush grow off

Day 57. Waiting on the magic to begin. Do we have a 100 day grow? Good possibility. :shooty:

JK1
20170412_091714.jpg

20170412_091750.jpg

JK2
20170412_091818.jpg
20170412_091822.jpg

Thought the leaf tucking pics might be of interest to others reading this so might as well post them here too. The strain pictured is Auto Blueberry Chemdawg which I believe is still in the testing phase but it's another ShortStuff strain which can probably be made to be about the same size as Auto Jedi Kush or Auto Gorilla OG but I've got mine under a 400W instead of my usual 600W and in the (even!) shorter end of my grow room.

These pics were taken over the course of about a week.

Before 1 session:
leaftuck-1.jpg

After the first leaf move:
leaftuck-2.jpg

I went round the plant and did the same to the other (3 I think) branches which had tops within striking distance of and getting shaded by a fan leaf off the main stem.

Session 2 a couple of days later:
leaftuck-3.jpg

leaftuck-4.jpg

Same again, go round the plant looking for smaller leaves shaded by bigger ones and are easy to rearrange.

Then a few more days later branches are long enough to gently tease outwards and do a bit more leaf tucking to keep trying to spread the canopy out....
leaftuck-5.jpg

....looks like she is due some more branch teasing.....especially that wee branch to the right of the main stem curving back in.....I'll see if I can find somewhere better for that to go. The branches off the 2nd node could do with coming out a bit and making some space in there too.

That's all the training I did to my Auto Jedi Bush too:smoking:

:pass:

I don't normally do any training to my plants. If I ever grow the AJK again it will get serious LST. This is not a strain to crowd in close. It would do well in a scrog grow I do believe.

I don't normally do any training to my plants. If I ever grow the AJK again it will get serious LST. This is not a strain to crowd in close. It would do well in a scrog grow I do believe.

Aye, I think you're right.... Been thinking I might try scrogging the Auto Gorilla OG I've just started in the aeroponics system which all being well should be even bigger than my Auto Jedi Kush in NFT. Height could be an issue otherwise as that aero thing is a few inches higher to start with and it's between my 600w and 400w so should hopefully be one of my biggest single plant yields. Maybe even the biggest :eyebrows::smoking:

A quick damage survey.....
ajk1604-1.jpg

Main top:
ajk1604-2.jpg

A middle top:
ajk1604-3.jpg

And one of the better ones from the a side branch:
ajk1604-4.jpg

DWC looks like it's taking longer.....wonder why?

surprised to see this strain getting so big but i guess its the setups you guys have running. looking awesome

surprised to see this strain getting so big but i guess its the setups you guys have running. looking awesome

Thanks mate, aye they got a bit bigger than expected but hopefully all that suggests is that I could grow a bigger Auto Gorilla OG with the wee air hose attached to the NFT pump and 600W. But just to make sure I've the next one of those in aeroponics and added another light.:smoking:

I don't think I've skipped any res changes with this Auto Jedi Kush either.....I knew @Rifleman wouldn't miss any and if I didn't keep up with the pH swings those buffered nutes come into their own. Thankfully the big pH swings settled about as quick as they started as it got a bit chaotic and now I'm lowering the EC to try to stop the water intake overtaking the nutrient intake and ending up with too low a pH as res level goes down.

Need to lower the base nutes a bit further though as pH got down to about 5 when the res was low the other day so I ended up adding a wee drop PK boost to help the pH stay in range (3ml in a 20L res is 0.15% of the 1ml/L recommended dosage on the bottle). Tomorrow I'll get enough water and Thursday I'll mix some fresh nutes and add just enough to get the pH to 6.2 without the EC going much over 1.0mS (half strength).

Here we are on the morning of Day 64. JK1 is starting to fatten some, but JK2 is lagging behind. A 180° turn from the start of the grow. :shrug:

JK1
20170419_084911.jpg
20170419_085020.jpg
20170419_085031.jpg

JK2
20170419_085047.jpg

20170419_085115.jpg

20170419_085103.jpg

20170419_085108.jpg

Back