Live Stoners Rifleman vs kushNFT Shortstuff Auto Jedi Kush grow off

You guys are both doing amazing.

Thanks bud. It's still all to play for as the flowers form.....I tend to get pretty big tops from ShortStuff strains but I've seen even bigger with the AN nutes @Rifleman is using on JK2. The only flowers I've seen from Remo nutes were on his YT channel in the recent HPS v LED thing where he appeared to have 10' tall plants with a few wee buds at the top. Probably better examples here on AFN already.....or at least I hope so!

I might go down the automatic dosing route for pH down before I go down the buffered nutes route......wish I had the space to try it all myself but I don't so I'm very grateful to my gun-toting American friend for making it so interesting.
:bighug:
:pass:

Here you go, Day 52 photos. I've said it before but have to mean it this time. The plants will not be removed from the tent again until harvest. There just isn't enough room and I don't see any reason to risk damaging them.

JK1
20170407_080049.jpg

20170407_080203.jpg

20170407_080108.jpg

JK2
20170407_080947.jpg

20170407_080957.jpg

20170407_081004.jpg

I dont blame you! Phots aren't worth damaging the plant

Absolutely. I don't like moving my miniature screw ups in soil (whoops, again:doh:) never mind anything bigger.

They're looking happy and healthy. They seem to love the light.....but not too close so I'm really glad mine stopped where it did:smoking:

The first pic shows the fan above my Auto Jedi Kush blowing hot air from the light towards the main extractor and there's another fan oscillating behind where I was standing to blow air into the room. There is also another extractor just out of pic acting as a smell scrubber and moves hot air from above the grow to the other side of the attic for better heat distribution.

ajk0704-1.jpg

ajk0704-2.jpg

Top deck of roots (the NFT bit, or, potentially, glorified DWC since I don't use a timer on the pump yet)....

ajk0704-3.jpg

Flow rate might have been a bit high too and chased the roots to the outside of the table but that will be easier to see after harvest if I hold the root mass up to the light.

Next pic is the roots in the res......DWC without the air hose hence not backing off on the flow rate above.....

ajk0704-4.jpg

Probably should have did that last one before topping up as I could have got the camera further in.

@KushNFT did you do any training to yours? It is much more of a bush than mine. Mine are tight and tall. Very much like a Lombardy Poplar. Getting more so too. Snapped another bottom branch from JK2 yesterday during the water change. Damn thing shouldn't have been hanging out to the side. Oh well, nothing but popcorn down there anyways. :haha:

you guys are killing it - they are monsters!

Cheers bud. Overall she looks remarkably similar to the Auto Gorilla OG I grew but the buds are looking a bit more compact, or at least I think they are at this stage. Looks and smells like a different twist on the OG parent which was a cracking smoke in the GG#4 cross....down to special occasion nugs on that one now:haha:

@KushNFT did you do any training to yours? It is much more of a bush than mine. Mine are tight and tall. Very much like a Lombardy Poplar. Getting more so too. Snapped another bottom branch from JK2 yesterday during the water change. Damn thing shouldn't have been hanging out to the side. Oh well, nothing but popcorn down there anyways. :haha:

Aye bud, I did a bit of leaf tucking and pulling branches out into where they could gather more light. @A-Train showed me how it was done in his threads although I've never gone as far as pony tailing. Have some pics I've been doing with Auto Blueberry Chemdawg to show what I do so I'll tag you when I get them online.

So far the only strings I have attached to her are around the main stem and are there to stop her falling over.

I can't really be arsed with training either but I kinda feel obliged to do a bit of tucking big leaves under little ones to try to increase the footprint as it's easy and seems to make them bushier. Inverse square law of point source radiation and all that bollocks says a half-inch less distance between one of the side branches and the light makes a difference when it's not as far away as the sun and having a clear line of sight between the light and more leaf area should result in more photons being captured and in turn energy for growth. I try not to inhibit growth above or below ground but I guess prioritising the side branches over the fans off the main stem keeps the overall height down slightly and help make for a more even canopy.

Seems to work well for ShortStuff strains anyway:smoking:

Back