Live Stoners Rifleman vs kushNFT Shortstuff Auto Jedi Kush grow off

As of this morning.

JK1.....41"/104cm

JK2.....43.75"/111cm

@KushNFT where are the soil growers when it comes challenge time? :crying::crying:

This is why I love Hydroponics----> :growing:

And if this is what base nutes and 600 watts of dual spectrum HPS does I look forward to seeing what other stuff does.

....talking of other stuff.....I was going to get a couple of cool tubes but heard about some going 2nd hand so inquired further and was told it came with 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts which was why it cost about the same as a couple of cheap new cool tubes without bulbs and stuff so I went for the 2nd hand option. Only problem is it's not 2 cool tubes it's 1 big cool tube that takes 2 600W bulbs and they are less than a metre apart.

Wanna find out if it's any good? Both ballasts have 400/600W switches and fans so I guess they can be considered an upgrade even if the tube isn't as much use as 2 tubes.
:pass:

Aye, definitely a bit bigger than I thought she was gonna be from this angle too.....

ajk2903-1.jpg

The bottle of grow I was using on the left and the bottle of bloom I'm using now is on the right. That is my nutrient line up and it's just one bottle for each stage and pH down to keep the pH swings within the range printed on the back of the nute bottles (5.5-6.2).

pH swings are doing the full range in about 12 hours now, EC remains pretty constant at 2.0mS so a 5 litre top up with water gives a drop of about 0.5mS pretty much twice a day. I really need a bigger res.....any more than 10g dry bud per litre of res space can be a handful and I'm having to work the res pretty hard here.:crying:

Day 44

JK1 44.5"/113cm
JK2 47.75"/121cm

JK1 got her bottom end trimmed today. Due to her structure and the crowding from the other plants, she had some weak growth around the bottom. Had... :headbang:

Makes me want to break out the Fiskers and go wild. :woohoo1:

20170330_074758.jpg

breeders height guidelines go out the window with you guys! you are producing some serious monsters here :growing:

Cheers bud. Autos in hydro seems like a great match but it's a bit of a leap of faith starting with something so small and being against it's biological clock.

Don't think I've ever seen breeder estimates for hydro heights although some outdoor ones are not far off.

That's beautiful Kush. Mine don't look as well. Being crowded in like they are I have some very weak growth on the lower halves. Especially JK1, who won't stop growing now that she has started. Lol

I haven't ever tried it, but might be forced into lolly popping JK1 to see what happens. Water change and photos tomorrow, Sunday 4-2. See y'all then. :shooty:

That's beautiful Kush. Mine don't look as well. Being crowded in like they are I have some very weak growth on the lower halves. Especially JK1, who won't stop growing now that she has started. Lol

I haven't ever tried it, but might be forced into lolly popping JK1 to see what happens. Water change and photos tomorrow, Sunday 4-2. See y'all then. :shooty:

Thanks mate, she's looking not bad as she stands but can still fall flat if I screw up the res. Have considered using buffered nutes for this bit as at the moment I'm having to sort pH at least twice a day but don't want to switch without seeing what I can do with manual pH control. I still think the main reason Greybear's APA was so much heavier than mine was because I didn't know what keeping up with pH swings was but have had a bit more practice and am determined to stay on it after my experience with aeroponics and a bigger res.

Before trying aeroponics I wasn't using the wee air hose on the NFT pump either as it makes a horrible noise.....
ak2203-4.jpg

.....the valve on the end can be closed to restrict airflow but that's it fully open so the pump draws air as it pumps the nutrient solution.

ak2203-3.jpg

With the air hose I get wee air bubbles in the flow although the above shot was taken as I was mixing a res change. Hopefully it looks similar coming out the end of the delivery tube feeding the NFT table but that shot will need to wait for another day.

Wouldn't mind seeing how JK1 responds to thinning out the smash too......never tried it either but have chopped tops that were getting frazzled off Russian Rocket Fuel before and it responded by growing fatter buds just under where I cut.

Day 47

JK1 47.5"/121cm Remo Nutrients 36ml(9ml/gal) micro, bloom, velokelp, nature's candy, astroflower. 9ml hydroguard, 2 ml Z7.

20170402_123250.jpg
20170402_123255.jpg
20170402_123305.jpg
20170402_123419.jpg

JK2 46.5"/118cm Advanced Nutrients 45ml(3ml/L) micro, grow, bloom, 30ml big bud, rhinoskin, budcandy, budfactorx, sensizym. 9ml hydroguard, 2ml Z7.

20170402_124509.jpg
20170402_124516.jpg
20170402_124524.jpg
20170402_145832.jpg

Back