Lighting Quantum board thread.

Hah, I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping he’d do some tests because the efficacy on some of the lights seem pretty high considering the similarity to other QBs.
Just bc the same chip is used means nothing as in wat fashion they have wired chips could be parrelle to serise wires connecting chips ECT you will have a tougher time compairing, qb96v2 are wired different in the 288 board compared to normal so a lot of the China stuff has a different nom voltage so internal configuration must also be different

New yo QBs and got.my first setup with a couple seedlings.

Question for the QB288 guys...

How high should I be hanging it over the seedlings?

I'm at 24 inches or so but I have heard as low as 18 inches and as high as 36.

So far no issues after 24hrs but I don't want to see any stretching. At the same time I don't want to burn em.

Seedlings are only 3 days old...

Just bc the same chip is used means nothing as in wat fashion they have wired chips could be parrelle to serise wires connecting chips ECT you will have a tougher time compairing, qb96v2 are wired different in the 288 board compared to normal so a lot of the China stuff has a different nom voltage so internal configuration must also be different

Ya, I understand that both individual components and the way in which they've been wired up all makes a difference to the efficiency of a light. I'm more interested in the results of a third party tester rather than a company's own claims. If the numbers hold up than awesome, good for them.

Ya, I understand that both individual components and the way in which they've been wired up all makes a difference to the efficiency of a light. I'm more interested in the results of a third party tester rather than a company's own claims. If the numbers hold up than awesome, good for them.
I no way u mean I'm just saying that could be the efficiency difference I would also like to see that side by side deal I would like to see the 260w and the 480w

New yo QBs and got.my first setup with a couple seedlings.

Question for the QB288 guys...

How high should I be hanging it over the seedlings?

I'm at 24 inches or so but I have heard as low as 18 inches and as high as 36.

So far no issues after 24hrs but I don't want to see any stretching. At the same time I don't want to burn em.

Seedlings are only 3 days old...
At 3 days 36 wont hurt either. Its easier to lower them if too stretched than raise after they are burned

I no way u mean I'm just saying that could be the efficiency difference I would also like to see that side by side deal I would like to see the 260w and the 480w

Why can’t someone just buy all these expensive lights to do our experiments for us :p haha

Hello all, newbie here so please forgive me. I have a 2x2.5 tent with 2 plants in a DWC setup. I was thinking on getting a QB. I’m a little confused about the importance of the different values of light readings. I thought PPFD was most important. So what is most important? Intensity? Lumens? Wattage? What metrics should I be looking for? Thanks

Hello all, newbie here so please forgive me. I have a 2x2.5 tent with 2 plants in a DWC setup. I was thinking on getting a QB. I’m a little confused about the importance of the different values of light readings. I thought PPFD was most important. So what is most important? Intensity? Lumens? Wattage? What metrics should I be looking for? Thanks
For that space no more than 250w u could get away with 200w which is the recommended. Also ppfd and ppfd are the important one then umols

Thanks for the replies. Curious why the budgetgrowlight 250w series 2+ red spec with newer diodes has only 500 ppfd @ 2ft and the older 260w boards have 1000 ppfd. Is that correct on their site?

Back