Lighting Quantum board thread.

Thanks everyone, especially @woody @Simplicio @Fitzy for taking your time to respond to my question. I now have a better understanding of QBs. Still alot to learn.

~KeepOnSmiling~
That's wat this place is all about AFN and now HOTT are the only forums I even read let alone belong to , the knowledge on this forum is overwhelming for sure. And also no thanks necessary my friend I enjoy so far every aspect including helping/comparing grow techniques ect, but u are very welcome and good luck sending good grow vibes and karma u

After being recommended to this company out of chicago..doubt its made in chicago but out of chicago i decided to peak at niemi led quantum boards and looking it over i seen something odd so i emailed them and not getting an email from this company i figured ill ask you guys. They say this light is 4x4 veg and 3x3 flower. However based off there tests it has almost identical coverage for 3x3 as 4x4. So why is it advertised that 4x4 cant be ok for flower. Is it even possible 3x3 and 4x4 have that similar of readings? I figured i got my answer without an email back but id anythinf maybe this can alert others wanting to.make a purchase.
Screenshot_20190918-151931.png

After being recommended to this company out of chicago..doubt its made in chicago but out of chicago i decided to peak at niemi led quantum boards and looking it over i seen something odd so i emailed them and not getting an email from this company i figured ill ask you guys. They say this light is 4x4 veg and 3x3 flower. However based off there tests it has almost identical coverage for 3x3 as 4x4. So why is it advertised that 4x4 cant be ok for flower. Is it even possible 3x3 and 4x4 have that similar of readings? I figured i got my answer without an email back but id anythinf maybe this can alert others wanting to.make a purchase.View attachment 1105064

These readings cant be correct. With any light the reading will get significantly lower from 2ft to 4ft.
More overlapping light in the centre gives a higher par reading. Those numbers are also far too high for a 260w light.
Blatant false advertising

i have the 260W Niemi, just got it in today. gotta say everything looks great advertising aside. i plan on getting a par meter by the end of the year. i will post results when i do

Good deal. Seems most people like it. Do you have another qb to compare to? Jw if its worth going against hlg to save a few bucks.

Migro will do it for you im sure lol. He does great hpnest reviews. Maybe hell do the niemi led.

@Boognelson87 no, currently all I have is the Niemi and some COBs. I'm not sure if i will be getting a HLG at this point, but if Niemi doesn't perform like i hope i will definitely consider it. I agree being able to compare both side to side would be very beneficial but i cant afford it at this point. right now i'm saving up a bit for the par meter just so i can have accurate readings of whats really going on.

@Boognelson87 no, currently all I have is the Niemi and some COBs. I'm not sure if i will be getting a HLG at this point, but if Niemi doesn't perform like i hope i will definitely consider it. I agree being able to compare both side to side would be very beneficial but i cant afford it at this point. right now i'm saving up a bit for the par meter just so i can have accurate readings of whats really going on.
Please let us know. We all like saving money. What do you plan on putting it in? 3x3?

Please let us know. We all like saving money. What do you plan on putting it in? 3x3?
i absolutely will! its currently in my 4x4 flower tent that really using more like a 3x3 because i like to have space inside the tent. i just have two gals who just started their flowering stretch under it now. i'm about to get off work rn so i'll be able to see how they responded to their first day under the QB.

Back