Lighting Quantum board thread.

woody has given you excellent device.
My only slight disagreement is about those HLG lights, which are severely over-priced compared to two of these:
https://niemiled.com/product/rspec-...row-light-powered-with-samsung-lm301b-diodes/
Or 1 of these:
https://niemiled.com/product/520w-r...wered-with-samsung-lm301b-osram-660nm-diodes/
HLG is riding its popularity right now, but new companies like NiemiLED will force them to lower prices once people catch on.

But those chinese lights seem hard to beat on price.

I also own several COBs, and believe they are at least as good as QBs, at least for me.
Individual COBs (not the mounted ones) are better than QBs for uneven canopies.
I think cobs are a good choice for people with space for odd sizes and 2x4 ect the linear strips and QB style boards are very hard to beat only other would be growmou5e puck by chilled tech led

Hey everyone!

I would like to apologize in advance as I'm sure you get this type of question in this thread alot. But after trying to do some reading my head exploded from this thread. :sadcry: :frowny::confused1:I'll be honest and say most of the info went over my head and I couldnt really compute it. So I do have some noobie questions and sorry if this has already been answered.

1. From my understanding(which isnt much) QBs are now the "best" and out performs autocobs?
2. I noticed when searching some of these boards come with "deep red" chips(not sure if using the right terminology) are those better than regular qb's?
3. Do qb's produced alot of heat?
4. Lastly, for a 4x4 could someone recommend two different qb`s setups for full cycle growing, that fits in the following categories. Best(money isnt a issue) , and one budget friendly QB.

Again, I hate to ask y'all such novice questions but for the life of me I cant get my fat head around the lighting aspect of growing :wall:. It took me weeks to find the LEDs for my first auto grow. Which I'm happy to say are finally in the flowering stage now.

~KeepOnSmiling~
This is a usa based company very good prices www.budgetgrowlights
https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/product-page/series-2-red-spec-250w-dimmable-grow-light-kit

woody has given you excellent device.
My only slight disagreement is about those HLG lights, which are severely over-priced compared to two of these:
https://niemiled.com/product/rspec-...row-light-powered-with-samsung-lm301b-diodes/
Or 1 of these:
https://niemiled.com/product/520w-r...wered-with-samsung-lm301b-osram-660nm-diodes/
HLG is riding its popularity right now, but new companies like NiemiLED will force them to lower prices once people catch on.

But those chinese lights seem hard to beat on price.

I also own several COBs, and believe they are at least as good as QBs, at least for me.
Individual COBs (not the mounted ones) are better than QBs for uneven canopies.
just ordered their 260w Rspec. great customer service was really responsive. pack comes in thursday!

I think cobs are a good choice for people with space for odd sizes and 2x4 ect the linear strips and QB style boards are very hard to beat only other would be growmou5e puck by chilled tech led
hey just curious how would Cob's be better in a 2x4 tent setup? i figured i would be getting one for my veg/auto's tent and figured i would put a QB in there if i like the one im getting now. i have a couple Cob's already so definitely interested in hearing the comparison in that environment. one thing i should mention is i'm trying to minimize electric usage for obvious reasons

hey just curious how would Cob's be better in a 2x4 tent setup? i figured i would be getting one for my veg/auto's tent and figured i would put a QB in there if i like the one im getting now. i have a couple Cob's already so definitely interested in hearing the comparison in that environment. one thing i should mention is i'm trying to minimize electric usage for obvious reasons
The cobs perform better (maybe not better but atleast similar) when you have a similar width and depth also I've noticed @ common drive currents it's easier to get QB closer to tops same with led strip lights now the cobs generally have to be between 16 an 20in away and QB and similar strips I've got as close as 6in so there is that cobs ate ok in small area's like 18in to 20in wide it would be better to run 8 rather than 4 in that same space which is why QB and strip lights I prefer simply bc cost and efficiency make more sense so that's just from the 4 years I've been inside with small or odd shaped closets but again just my 2cents

I'm growing 4 different strains in the same 3 x 3 ft DWC tent, Mephisto 24Carat (60 cm), StrawberryNuggets (60 cm), and WhiteCrack (90 cm), plus GrowersChoice CriticalPurple (70 cm).
The numbers in parentheses are maximum breeder outdoor heights.
The plants are all in the same 15 usable gallon reservoir, so plants can't be moved closer to the light.
I tried to put only short plants in the tent, with the shortest ones in front, but the CriticalPurple is 6 ft tall instead of 2 1/3 ft, and the 24 carat is 1 ft tall.
That messes up my lighting plan.

This is where COBs can really help, and now I've slanted the QB light toward the back plants, and installed COBs over the front plants.
I believe both QBs and COBs are useful.
COBs are superior when we want to put concentrated light in a specific place, QBs when we want more even light.

I'm growing 4 different strains in the same 3 x 3 ft DWC tent, Mephisto 24Carat (60 cm), StrawberryNuggets (60 cm), and WhiteCrack (90 cm), plus GrowersChoice CriticalPurple (70 cm).
The plants are all in the same 15 usable gallon reservoir, so plants can't be moved closer to the light.
I tried to put only short plants in the tent, with the shortest ones in front, but the CriticalPurple is 6 ft tall instead of 2 1/3 ft, and the 24 carat is 1 ft tall.

This is where COBs can really help, and now I've slanted the QB light toward the back plants, and installed COBs over the front plants.
COBs are superior when we want to put concentrated light in a specific place, QBs when we want more even light.
awesome thanks for the example!

U can do the same with strip led also most dontneed a real heatsink also I can choose to make a small fixture or large like so the pic with uv is qb96v2 elite ahi l
20190521_090304.jpg
20190612_083350.jpg

Back