Lighting Quantum board thread.

I have another kit coming . I will get the specs. To my door for 130 watt quantum board powered by Meanwell drivers and the boards are great.. 180.00 Canadian with shipping. There is a great video showing a 65 watt board against a 300 watt 138 watt draw from the wall. It does just as good as the 300 watt led grow light if not a bit better.

Yeah I seen that!! Awesome comparison. Really show what these boards can do. Even at only 65watts. They really do shine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the answer from the Chinese manufacturer :

We tested LM301B, the brightness is the same as lm561c for 3500K, 4000K, 4500K, 5000K, 5500K,6000K and 6500K. brightness is 5lm higher than lm561c for 3000K, 2700K. If you need 3500K, we suggest you use lm561c, how do you think of it? As you know, we sold lm561c board for more than half year, it's good for indoor plant grow, stable working performance.
Total cost for 1 kit:149.19+DHL shipping cost 65+processing fee 5.99=USD220
Total cost for 2 kits:149.19X2+DHL shipping cost 93+processing fee 10.95=USD402.33
Total cost for 5 kits:149.19X5+DHL shipping cost 197+processing fee 26.4=USD969
Total cost for 10 kits: 147.69x10+DHL shipping cost 317+processing fee 50=USD1843.

Here’s the answer from the Chinese manufacturer :

We tested LM301B, the brightness is the same as lm561c for 3500K, 4000K, 4500K, 5000K, 5500K,6000K and 6500K. brightness is 5lm higher than lm561c for 3000K, 2700K. If you need 3500K, we suggest you use lm561c, how do you think of it? As you know, we sold lm561c board for more than half year, it's good for indoor plant grow, stable working performance.
Total cost for 1 kit:149.19+DHL shipping cost 65+processing fee 5.99=USD220
Total cost for 2 kits:149.19X2+DHL shipping cost 93+processing fee 10.95=USD402.33
Total cost for 5 kits:149.19X5+DHL shipping cost 197+processing fee 26.4=USD969
Total cost for 10 kits: 147.69x10+DHL shipping cost 317+processing fee 50=USD1843.
My guess is that they are using a different lm301b chip. Different flux/bin although i have absolutely no idea what that means. If they are trying to goad you into buying their 561Cs, there must be a reason though.

That is a wild weight. Here is my new board. I think I have around 375 watts of Quantum Boards. 250 watts on the one 125 watts on the other. I bought off of two separate companies. I will stick with the company that has the dimmer the heat sink alone is better on my second purchase. I got all that form china for under 400.00 Canadian. And they are growing some nice plants underneath them.

Please let me know where this is. Once again i am thinking of following your lead on lighting again(when i can save up enough money)

After doing some research and speaking with quite a few companies in their native language, I gathered the below info and some of my own deductions. I though to share it on AFN with my peeps. If it’s total rubbish and don’t help anyone, just delete it. I’m seriously just trying to help and could just keep this to myself so please go easy on me.

1. The latest LM301B chips are just starting to reach manufacturer hands from their Samsung agents. Before this, they had problems with supply. The chip has several different types and for 3000K, SK bin has the highest flux and for 4000k, it’s SL bin that is highest. Only SJ bins (lower) were available before this. SK and SL bins had to have a month waiting period.

2. Meijiu claimed that they tested 301B but they are only slightly better. This is because they used chips with SJ bin, which is lower than SK bin and cheaper. Also, that’s what they could get their hands on at the time.

3. Meijiu probably sold the most LM561C boards due to free promo on Grasscity. Therefore, they have the most stock. When the supply of LM301B highest bin chips becomes normal and regular, LM561C chips will drop in price for sure and this will worry any company. This is why they are encouraging you to buy the LM561C version. They wanna finish up their stock/inventory before they suffer losses. Because of this trickery/ dishonesty from them, I will be purchasing elsewhere. Their English is also quite difficult to understand

I suggest that for those who wants the LM561C boards, to wait for price drop. Should be quite soon. In fact, other companies that don’t hold much 561C stock should be able to give some good prices very soon.

For those who wants the latest 301B, it’s new and so will cost more. I’m waiting on a few quotes and if it’s allowed, I’ll share it here.

Should I get discount codes for AFN? What’s the best way to do this?

Quantum Boards are great lights!!

my first grow with these lights was amazing they have very deep penetration and the buds on the lower end of the plant will also get bigger as normal.
i have bought 2 x 135W Quantum Boardsand grow in a small tent in a 80cm x80cmx180cm tent so my growing space is small.
i put 4 Auto Cinderella Jacks from Dutch Passion under them and they delivered 433 Grams of hard buds for me.
so i have gotten 1,6 gr per Watt from these amazing lights :)
the best harvest i have got so far since i started to grow.
so for me QB are great lights and not to expensive.

i would recommend them to everybody who is still not sure what light's to buy.
here are some photo's from the last grow i did.

I’ve got the same size tent mate and I’m using a metzhi 600w and a Chinese 300w (400w true watts between them both) and they just arnt as good as I expected how much were the lights u av pal cheers

After doing some research and speaking with quite a few companies in their native language, I gathered the below info and some of my own deductions. I though to share it on AFN with my peeps. If it’s total rubbish and don’t help anyone, just delete it. I’m seriously just trying to help and could just keep this to myself so please go easy on me.

1. The latest LM301B chips are just starting to reach manufacturer hands from their Samsung agents. Before this, they had problems with supply. The chip has several different types and for 3000K, SK bin has the highest flux and for 4000k, it’s SL bin that is highest. Only SJ bins (lower) were available before this. SK and SL bins had to have a month waiting period.

2. Meijiu claimed that they tested 301B but they are only slightly better. This is because they used chips with SJ bin, which is lower than SK bin and cheaper. Also, that’s what they could get their hands on at the time.

3. Meijiu probably sold the most LM561C boards due to free promo on Grasscity. Therefore, they have the most stock. When the supply of LM301B highest bin chips becomes normal and regular, LM561C chips will drop in price for sure and this will worry any company. This is why they are encouraging you to buy the LM561C version. They wanna finish up their stock/inventory before they suffer losses. Because of this trickery/ dishonesty from them, I will be purchasing elsewhere. Their English is also quite difficult to understand

I suggest that for those who wants the LM561C boards, to wait for price drop. Should be quite soon. In fact, other companies that don’t hold much 561C stock should be able to give some good prices very soon.

For those who wants the latest 301B, it’s new and so will cost more. I’m waiting on a few quotes and if it’s allowed, I’ll share it here.

Should I get discount codes for AFN? What’s the best way to do this?

Some updates. A few companies have gone radio silent on me. I suspect the top bin chips are not as easy to source as they had expected and they are trying to stall in case I go to another company.

I have to defend Meijiu a little from my last post. Turns out their supplier can only supply lower bin LM301B chips and they get whatever is in stock. Its not really their fault. My translation is, they are simply short in supply. Samsung apparently broke a record or something so it would naturally be high in demand. It just means they are only given the lower bin LM301B chips that are pretty much the same as LM561 S6 bin chips but cost more. Most importantly, they admitted it and never intended to lie in the first place. There was another company that told me the same thing. So it checks out too.

I apologize for maligning them (Meijiu). The lady i spoke to was nice. My bad totally!

So while it may be a month for the lower bin LM301B boards to be available, its really not worth the wait. It is pretty much the same as the cheaper LM561C chips.

Even if the top bin ones becomes available, this is my reasoning. The LM301B boards are supposed to be 6% more efficient but is way more than 6% more expensive. So in terms of value, should still go to the older version LM561C. I think we would have to grow A LOT of plants to benefit from the 6% efficiency vs way non proportional higher price.

So the OP made a great purchase and I'll be following suit. But I'll be going for individual heatsink, driver and dimmer. I hope this will work cooler in my climate. It does cost more though. Will get 4000k for veg and I like a 3000K board they have mixed with some 660nm LEDs.
c20deb8bf1253b12e0d77a813128124b.jpg

The red LEDs just makes it look sexy. I'm a sucker for colors.

I've pretty much decided on 304 boards but HATE myself for not being able to understand the difference. Can someone help me understand the relevant difference between the two? The company rep can only tell me 304 is higher voltage and 288 is lower (safer). Nothing more than that. @Burn victim @F.N. @Boosted_Mazi @bignugz420 @smokeout69 @bluesbreeder @Stickystick @Tommy boy

Also anything I should look out for? Its my first DIY light build of any kind. No basic electric skills either.

They changed their specs somehow and each board peaks at 120w which is fine with me cos I worry bout heat. They claim its the best spec for efficiency.

No one replied on the discount codes so im not gonna ask.

Sorry I don't know much about there new boards
Some updates. A few companies have gone radio silent on me. I suspect the top bin chips are not as easy to source as they had expected and they are trying to stall in case I go to another company.

I have to defend Meijiu a little from my last post. Turns out their supplier can only supply lower bin LM301B chips and they get whatever is in stock. Its not really their fault. My translation is, they are simply short in supply. Samsung apparently broke a record or something so it would naturally be high in demand. It just means they are only given the lower bin LM301B chips that are pretty much the same as LM561 S6 bin chips but cost more. Most importantly, they admitted it and never intended to lie in the first place. There was another company that told me the same thing. So it checks out too.

I apologize for maligning them (Meijiu). The lady i spoke to was nice. My bad totally!

So while it may be a month for the lower bin LM301B boards to be available, its really not worth the wait. It is pretty much the same as the cheaper LM561C chips.

Even if the top bin ones becomes available, this is my reasoning. The LM301B boards are supposed to be 6% more efficient but is way more than 6% more expensive. So in terms of value, should still go to the older version LM561C. I think we would have to grow A LOT of plants to benefit from the 6% efficiency vs way non proportional higher price.

So the OP made a great purchase and I'll be following suit. But I'll be going for individual heatsink, driver and dimmer. I hope this will work cooler in my climate. It does cost more though. Will get 4000k for veg and I like a 3000K board they have mixed with some 660nm LEDs.

I've pretty much decided on 304 boards but HATE myself for not being able to understand the difference. Can someone help me understand the relevant difference between the two? The company rep can only tell me 304 is higher voltage and 288 is lower (safer). Nothing more than that. @Burn victim @F.N. @Boosted_Mazi @bignugz420 @smokeout69 @bluesbreeder @Stickystick @Tommy boy

Also anything I should look out for? Its my first DIY light build of any kind. No basic electric skills either.

They changed their specs somehow and each board peaks at 120w which is fine with me cos I worry bout heat. They claim its the best spec for efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man , wish i new more about the tech . All those numbers give me a headache lol. Those ones with the red peak my interest . How much are those bad boys ?

Back