Lighting Quantum board thread.

No matter what board I got it outperforms all my other lights in coverage for amount of watts is UNREAL. I have another one coming this week 3000k spectrum is excellent in veg and so far in bloom two. Meijui has treated me really good. The new v2 288 board is the one to get from what I have read. This is all a learning experience for most of us and fun plus we will grow more weed mote grams per watt. Bava wanted me to buy 20 heatsinks they said they sell them out the fastest. I like Meijui. I have placed three orders and all arrived with in a week of payment and all top notch material.

This is Samsung's
Mid Power LEDs

LM561C
80-pbfree-0.jpg
80-rohs-0.jpg
cruus-0.png

• 0.2 W, 3 V mid power LED
  • Luminous Flux: 38 lm @ 65 mA
  • Luminous Efficacy: 210 lm/W Can anyone explain this lol what do they mean mid power?

Man , wish i new more about the tech . All those numbers give me a headache lol. Those ones with the red peak my interest . How much are those bad boys ?

They should cost the same but I'm not sure if the Red led would be of any added value, especially if one uses 3000k or below. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Samsung's
Mid Power LEDs

LM561C
80-pbfree-0.jpg
80-rohs-0.jpg
cruus-0.png

• 0.2 W, 3 V mid power LED
  • Luminous Flux: 38 lm @ 65 mA
  • Luminous Efficacy: 210 lm/W Can anyone explain this lol what do they mean mid power?

I'm neither here or there with my understanding of QB but HLG site has a brief history lesson on their QB and they said they researched a whole lot, ended up deciding that mid power leds are best. In a nutshell.

That 561C chip is the original one used by HLG. Then it got upgraded to the same 561c chip but S6 version aka Top Bin.

Now, its the V2 boards with LM301B top bin chips by HLG. Just came out last month if im not mistaken.

Problem is, China can't get stock of this "Top bin LM301B chips aka HLG 288V2 chips". Think of it as this, each color temp (2700-6500) has 2 version of chips. One higher in efficiency and another lower. They can only get the lower one. But the lower one barely has any difference with LM561C S6 bin chips, which is what you bought for all 3 purchases.

Some companies will claim to have stock of top bin LM301b chips. Even if you believe them (I'd exercise caution), the price is likely not gonna make sense. You will end up paying way more than the 6% increase in efficiency of the chips.

I somehow think that this is a strategy by HLG, which if true is a genius move!

I spent quite some time on studying this so lets not waste it. Conclusion for my findings above with my personal suggestion as below:

1. New V2 boards using LM301B top bin chips are still very shady from China. Plus its very new so let them work out the kinks and cook it a little until price/quality stabilizes. Unless of course, you loaded and can buy from HLG.

2. Value for money wise, get the V1 boards using LM561C S6 chips. Meijiu makes a good full DIY kit it seems but they are not the best in making boards. Im not even sure they make their own boards but its irrelevant. Its a good idea for someone stupid like me to get a full kit from them.

From what I understand, you can easily upgrade your board from V1 to V2 by purchasing the board only. But not sure if same driver can be used since they only make V2 boards for the QB288. I'm leaning towards the 304 like yourself.

3. I've identified the actual board maker for HLG. They will NOT sell exact designs by HLG but its pure BS. What they simply mean is that they cannot sell boards that are identical in diode quantities only. So technically, you can order 289 or 305 boards from them so its really nothing. But they are more suited for people with good DIY skills and for future upgrades perhaps? Cos they don't seem to offer drivers, heatsinks stc. Btw, they are also claiming that V2 is out of stock. So if the HLG board maker says so, chances are the others (China) who says they have stock, are shady to say the least.

Hope this helps.

I'm neither here or there with my understanding of QB but HLG site has a brief history lesson on their QB and they said they researched a whole lot, ended up deciding that mid power leds are best. In a nutshell.

That 561C chip is the original one used by HLG. Then it got upgraded to the same 561c chip but S6 version aka Top Bin.

Now, its the V2 boards with LM301B top bin chips by HLG. Just came out last month if im not mistaken.

Problem is, China can't get stock of this "Top bin LM301B chips aka HLG 288V2 chips". Think of it as this, each color temp (2700-6500) has 2 version of chips. One higher in efficiency and another lower. They can only get the lower one. But the lower one barely has any difference with LM561C S6 bin chips, which is what you bought for all 3 purchases.

Some companies will claim to have stock of top bin LM301b chips. Even if you believe them (I'd exercise caution), the price is likely not gonna make sense. You will end up paying way more than the 6% increase in efficiency of the chips.

I somehow think that this is a strategy by HLG, which if true is a genius move!

I spent quite some time on studying this so lets not waste it. Conclusion for my findings above with my personal suggestion as below:

1. New V2 boards using LM301B top bin chips are still very shady from China. Plus its very new so let them work out the kinks and cook it a little until price/quality stabilizes. Unless of course, you loaded and can buy from HLG.

2. Value for money wise, get the V1 boards using LM561C S6 chips. Meijiu makes a good full DIY kit it seems but they are not the best in making boards. Im not even sure they make their own boards but its irrelevant. Its a good idea for someone stupid like me to get a full kit from them.

From what I understand, you can easily upgrade your board from V1 to V2 by purchasing the board only. But not sure if same driver can be used since they only make V2 boards for the QB288. I'm leaning towards the 304 like yourself.

3. I've identified the actual board maker for HLG. They will NOT sell exact designs by HLG but its pure BS. What they simply mean is that they cannot sell boards that are identical in diode quantities only. So technically, you can order 289 or 305 boards from them so its really nothing. But they are more suited for people with good DIY skills and for future upgrades perhaps? Cos they don't seem to offer drivers, heatsinks stc. Btw, they are also claiming that V2 is out of stock. So if the HLG board maker says so, chances are the others (China) who says they have stock, are shady to say the least.

Hope this helps.

That was a good write up for sure Like I say Iam blown away with growth and coverage I will keep purchasing the ones I have bought when I can afford too.

They should cost the same but I'm not sure if the Red led would be of any added value, especially if one uses 3000k or below. What do you think?

Good question ? But what peaked my interest is , does the red leds put off uv ? That would be a good thing imo . The lights selling point is white light with a full spectrum without the blurpie affect . So if the red aint giving of uv it might be snake oil for the uninformed ?

Good question ? But what peaked my interest is , does the red leds put off uv ? That would be a good thing imo . The lights selling point is white light with a full spectrum without the blurpie affect . So if the red aint giving of uv it might be snake oil for the uninformed ?

I like how you think. I am purely attracted to the color and how it looks. Stupid, i know. Its only 48pcs out of 304 diodes. To make it worse, they are Epistar LEDs, not Samsung.

The UV (Specifically UVB) is something I'd like to figure out too. Unfortunately, the Meijiu rep is not very technical to help with this, even in Chinese. 660nm is just red spectrum. Uvb is somewhere 280++nm?

Adding UV to the boards may not be such a good idea, especially for those who don't want them during early flower. Some growers only want UVB for last 2-3 weeks. So using individual UVBs for supplement may be better and easier.

I just have no idea which UVB to buy and how many? Not to sidetrack but does anyone know?

I like how you think. I am purely attracted to the color and how it looks. Stupid, i know. Its only 48pcs out of 304 diodes. To make it worse, they are Epistar LEDs, not Samsung.

The UV (Specifically UVB) is something I'd like to figure out too. Unfortunately, the Meijiu rep is not very technical to help with this, even in Chinese. 660nm is just red spectrum. Uvb is somewhere 280++nm?

Adding UV to the boards may not be such a good idea, especially for those who don't want them during early flower. Some growers only want UVB for last 2-3 weeks. So using individual UVBs for supplement may be better and easier.

I just have no idea which UVB to buy and how many? Not to sidetrack but does anyone know?

I’m attracted to the color myself , it just looks like it should work lol! Man , I don’t know the numbers & science, but I do know logic & the sun gives off uv. It could be marketing tho ?

That was a good write up for sure Like I say Iam blown away with growth and coverage I will keep purchasing the ones I have bought when I can afford too.

There is one thing I'd really love to know and I hope you don't mind. I'm just really excited about this and have too much time...

Your first purchase of double boards (from Meijiu)should be the 304 board and second purchase of the single board (from Bava) should be the 288 based on the drivers i see in your pics.

You are the only one I know that has both 288 and 304 boards. Without comparing heatsink and drivers, what difference do you see from both? Coverage any different? Heat? Anything?

Sorry if im being overly annoying...

They look the same color wise the dots on the Bava on look a little different. I have another single board light coming from meijui this week 135 watts I do believe and 304 board. The coverage is really good I am growing a lot of plants with very little wattage. my double board is 240 watts and the single I think around 125 watts I will keep buying these and replace my 2014 led models lol 3000 spectrum works great in veg and producing some fine looking bud too.

Back