Lighting Quantum board thread.

I really dig the 3000 k for all around performance my plants under my 3000 k spectrum are HUGE. You are going to grow monster plants with that kind of power. I have a 250 watt QB and a125 watt QB doing a 4x4 area and it is unreal I will take some pictures.

Looking forward to the pics. As for monster plants, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I'm really still a newb with only 1 grow under my belt.

Like most growers, I too would like to try something different this grow. Since I'm buying lights, why not play with spectrum a little and compare with last grow? If this was my first light purchase, would've gone for one fixed color, likely 3000-3500k. With Greenleaf nutes thrown into the mix, I'm hoping for good results this round.

We need more discussions/participation on QBs on AFN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These ones are all under Quantum board 3000 k
IMG_9505.JPG

For those familiar with KingBrite - a highly popular AliBaba vendor for COBs - AutoCob/GrowMau style, they now have QBs.

Looking at the specs and prices, they seem every bit on par with the rest. If anyone bought any, pls share them here. They only have 288 and 304 boards atm. Watt for watt, QBs seem to be cheaper than COBs? Coupled with better efficiency (lm/w), is starting to take over perhaps?

For those familiar with KingBrite - a highly popular AliBaba vendor for COBs - AutoCob/GrowMau style, they now have QBs.

Looking at the specs and prices, they seem every bit on par with the rest. If anyone bought any, pls share them here. They only have 288 and 304 boards atm. Watt for watt, QBs seem to be cheaper than COBs? Coupled with better efficiency (lm/w), is starting to take over perhaps?

That's also what I'm seeing.

Hey every one, can I join the Quantum board club?... a user my self, 2 lights both made with HLG boards.

First space is 2 boards driven @ 2100ma, 240w... amnesia by seedstockers (photo). This is my secound run with them, working out a little better this time but as you can see the girls have got away from me a bit. Up to 5" from the light in places but no one is showing any sign of stress...yet. I know HLG say 21" to plant canopy but I've had them at 10" from the light on the last grow with no issues... What distance does everyone else let the girls get from the lights?

PSX_20180625_125038.jpg

My secound build and its on its first grow, 3 boards at 1050ma with the added cobs at the same. Pics of the grow to come.

20180606_095308.jpg

Hey every one, can I join the Quantum board club?... a user my self, 2 lights both made with HLG boards.

First space is 2 boards driven @ 2100ma, 240w... amnesia by seedstockers (photo). This is my secound run with them, working out a little better this time but as you can see the girls have got away from me a bit. Up to 5" from the light in places but no one is showing any sign of stress...yet. I know HLG say 21" to plant canopy but I've had them at 10" from the light on the last grow with no issues... What distance does everyone else let the girls get from the lights?

View attachment 922809

My secound build and its on its first grow, 3 boards at 1050ma with the added cobs at the same. Pics of the grow to come.

View attachment 922808
Holy Mother of.... what a landship you built, looking grrrreat! [emoji50]

View attachment 922809

View attachment 922808
Of course you can join in my man Slater you are rocking the Quantity boards.

Holy Mother of.... what a landship you built, looking grrrreat! [emoji50]

Thanks @nicojellic , here she is in action. I had to take a board out had some issue with it, will replace it on the next run. To be honest done me a favor, we are hitting some high temps and that little less heat in the tent is going a long way.

20180625_191927.jpg

View attachment 922809

View attachment 922808

That is one heck of a setup! Saw it in your thread a while ago and it still amazes!

My obstacle to getting QBs was also my wife. She flipped when I told her I wanted 4 x 288/304 boards!

I then spent a few days being a model husband and then some. Then, I told her I'm only getting 2 boards now and she relented. What I did not say was the boards are now 800 ones instead...LOL. Ended up with about 500 more diodes than my original plan at pretty similar prices.

My boards are now sitting at my shipper warehouse, waiting for goods from the other 8 companies I bought stuff from. Can't wait after seeing yours in action!

Back