Lighting Quantum board thread.

I've asked the Chinese manufacturer from the tutorial (MEIJIU) if they were able to produce the same board (304 Samsung lm561C S6 top bin diodes led grow light with hlg driver 240W), but with LB301B instead, here's the answer :
We are testing LM301B, if you like, we can use lm301b on board.
I'll have more info on monday, I plan to order 2 kits (4 boards & 2 drivers) to cover a 120x60cm tent, what do you think of the power/coverage ratio ?
I'm currently lost into the spectrum stuff, what would be the best for a "full spectrum" config, 3000, 3500, mix half 2700 half 4000, something else ? I'm essentially running autoflowers but can grow some regulars once or twice in a year.
Thanks a lot & happy growing

I've asked the Chinese manufacturer from the tutorial (MEIJIU) if they were able to produce the same board (304 Samsung lm561C S6 top bin diodes led grow light with hlg driver 240W), but with LB301B instead, here's the answer :
I'll have more info on monday, I plan to order 2 kits (4 boards & 2 drivers) to cover a 120x60cm tent, what do you think of the power/coverage ratio ?
I'm currently lost into the spectrum stuff, what would be the best for a "full spectrum" config, 3000, 3500, mix half 2700 half 4000, something else ? I'm essentially running autoflowers but can grow some regulars once or twice in a year.

I'm talking to them too! HLG seems to recommend 3000k for flower and 4000k for veg. Seeing that I have plenty of 3500k cobs, I plan to get 2 boards of 3000k another 2 of 4000k.

Any other opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after hours of digging through their gigantic catalog and other websites, I'm thinking about this setup :

- TWO FOLITE-240H-2 kits to cover my 120x60cm tent, that means FOUR 28x17cm boards and TWO drivers HLG-240H-C2100B
- Samsung LM301B LEDs instead of Samsung LM561C
- 3500K, kind of 'full spectrum' so I can work with autos & regular strains
- TWO heatsinks per kit for more flexibility / so I can arrange them the way I want

What do you think of this setup for a rectangular 120x60cm grow room?
Would you rather take TWO of their biggest board (90cmx28cm per board, 800 leds per board, 300W driver)
Since we should use these boards at ~25% on veg stage and ~75% during flowering, can I consider the fact that TWO 240W drivers working simulteanously will never exceed ~360W of real energy consumption?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Instead of going with a dimmer that comes with some of these kits. I have found you are better to use a potentionmeter to dim. Then the dimmer with a remote.

I am digging the 3000 k spectrum the plants love it.

I have another kit coming . I will get the specs. To my door for 130 watt quantum board powered by Meanwell drivers and the boards are great.. 180.00 Canadian with shipping. There is a great video showing a 65 watt board against a 300 watt 138 watt draw from the wall. It does just as good as the 300 watt led grow light if not a bit better.

I have another kit coming . I will get the specs. To my door for 130 watt quantum board powered by Meanwell drivers and the boards are great.. 180.00 Canadian with shipping. There is a great video showing a 65 watt board against a 300 watt 138 watt draw from the wall. It does just as good as the 300 watt led grow light if not a bit better.

Did u get the new 301Bs? Can you elaborate a bit on the dimmers?

What do you think about individual drivers and heatsinks for each 304 board? Will cost more but would really be cool to have them as each individual hanging lights. Are there any other advantages in your opinion? Will they run cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dimmers with the remote just look and feel cheap. They work but for how long? A potentionmeter does the job just as good at dimming I do belive in the long run they are safer but iam just in the learning stages of this type of lighting. I like the single 288 or 304 board pushing around 130 watts I have a double pushing 136 watts cost to much for me. I can get a single board and a driver and a heat sink delivered for 186 Canadian That is the most affordable way for me to go. I will be at one point running all quantum boards in my room that is the grand plan. There is a brand new V2 288 board out that is suppose to be five percent more effeicient then the 288 V1 board.

On the other hand, having a radio-controlled dimmer potentially allows you to control the QB with an arduino/raspberry, which is interesting for many reasons (on/off schedule, morning mode, sunset mode, mobile app managing everything ...). I will be asking for detailed specs of their dimmers+remotes.

Back