Lighting Quantum board thread.

Being Canadian it is cheaper for me to get a Chinese company. If I lived in the United States I would go with HLG for my needs. I do not think any vendors on here sell them.

Check out FOLUX SOLUTIONS LED. I think they will ship to Canada. And they use Samsung s6. Top bin diodes
Being Canadian it is cheaper for me to get a Chinese company. If I lived in the United States I would go with HLG for my needs. I do not think any vendors on here sell them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My kinda guy! Although I'm still leaning towards COBs due to my need to focus lights on an area rather than spreading them out. But I'm really interested to see how they can complement my COBs and eventually I'll get them from China too.

If you find a good company, let me know. Just not a priority for me atm. If we both (others can join) buy from them, let me do the talking and negotiation. I'll get us a good deal. I have a good reason for this and we can PM if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch out those China "Samsung S6" boards. Not all companies use true LM561C diodes, despite they said they use it.
Better go with strips then, at least you know they're legit.

Watch out those China "Samsung S6" boards. Not all companies use true LM561C diodes, despite they said they use it.
Folux solutions led is a America based company

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can you give us some spec guides when purchasing these boards? Like if we buy LM561C diodes or LM301B diodes. If we get normal QBs, what should the mA be? Best Power supply/driver type? Heat sink?

If we get strips, how low wattage are they driven to be still effective? If we put lotsa strips together (I've seen 180 diodes per meter using LM561C diodes but only 11W per meter) can it equal a QB? LM301B strips cannot be driverless it seems and is only 12W per meter of strip. Lumens wise, 301B should be more intense?

So confused though. Can you please help enlighten us?

Hi ! Just found this thread on GrassCity : https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/tutorial-for-240w-qb304-kit-from-alibaba-canada.1501643/
I'm planning on building the same, any feedback on this kit + tutorial ?

Yes! Grasscity is where I learned about qbs also! Tboneshuffle is one of the more knowledgeable forum members about the boards, learned quite a bit from him.

I started with the qb120s from HLG,which is one of the boards that actually don’t require a heat sink. As to where some of the other boards that can be powered to higher wattages do require them..horticulturelightinggroup.com has been releasing all sorts of new boards..a lot of the new ones are coming equipped with new diodes..(nichia) “with mixed spectrum” or the newer (Samsung LM301B)..as to where most of the older ones were powered by the (Samsung LM561c)..

building the kits are fairly simple. If you can operate a screwdriver than you build a kit...HLG also offers kits that come pre built for a few extra dollars...or if you wan to go the DIY route,..
283fb682e3ad424a691da9b79b610327.jpg

DIY route is a lot cheaper... paid around 180$ for this 260watt panel.

Last edited:
Back