Lighting Quantum board thread.

If this won’t cover my 4x4, nothing will.
Coverage from back to front and left to right,...all the way round!

That will be sweet man. Even coverage will save a lot of headaches and the plants will thrive under that.

new toy of the week*
:pass::bighug::pass:

qb 288 smd 301 ' 3000k ' samsung with meanwell driver 150w
20190227_165843.jpg
20190227_165848.jpg
20190227_165901.jpg
20190227_165855.jpg

If this won’t cover my 4x4, nothing will.

Nice to see my idea before I get to make it myself!

What I wish to find out after I make mine is:

What is the minimum/ideal distance for the boards, in order to get an even spread from them?

Would love to see what you think?

I'm using mine on a 5×3ish area though.

I ordered up my first LEDs the other day. I went with a couple of QB96 V2 Elite for my small tent.

Great choice you will be very happy~

Nice to see my idea before I get to make it myself!

What I wish to find out after I make mine is:

What is the minimum/ideal distance for the boards, in order to get an even spread from them?

Would love to see what you think?

I'm using mine on a 5×3ish area though.
I‘m gonna start with 24“ and then work my way down. I’ll run it without the reds first and see and then add them. Since I run the 800 boards with 185h driver I have to think I can get fairly close. But the reds worry me a bit.

I‘m gonna start with 24“ and then work my way down. I’ll run it without the reds first and see and then add them. Since I run the 800 boards with 185h driver I have to think I can get fairly close. But the reds worry me a bit.

Its not the soft and hard running that worries me. We can simply dim them to make it work according to strain, environment etc. Therefore, not a biggie.

Its the fact that our lights is around 950mm x 700mm. Your area is around 1200mm x 1200mm while mine is around 1500mm x 900mm.

We know the lights give out a pine cone shaped footprint, from the top. It needs a certain distance to spread out evenly. We mixed/ arranged the boards the way we did to get a good and even spectrum. Ideally, we want each spot to receive all the mix of 3000K, 4000K and reds we added. Therefore, distance is key for an even spread, or all each plant gets is the light directly above it.

Get my idea? In a nutshell, I wanna get them as close as possible but with enough distance so that all the boards can kinda cross beams. Too close and they only get what is above them. This is the distance and the sweet spot i wish to achieve. Your input would be great. Although I'll be receiving mine in about a week, I'll be growing only in mid April earliest.

Back