Lighting Quantum board thread.

Trying to figure out what to do with these.

af24c19606d82f638d97908645269bc6.jpg

It is for my 2 x 4 flowering tent. I’m thinking of adding a far red board / strip in the middle for Emerson Effect.

4a898853b1c52aea6724573833edd1ec.jpg

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

Trying to figure out what to do with these.

af24c19606d82f638d97908645269bc6.jpg

It is for my 2 x 4 flowering tent. I’m thinking of adding a far red board / strip in the middle for Emerson Effect.

4a898853b1c52aea6724573833edd1ec.jpg

This looks interesting for sure! I think 2 of those will definitely kick-ass in 2x4..

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

• I converted my T5 fixture to LED. The bulb needed replacing and I looked at T5 LED replacment bulbs but none had specs that made them seem worth buying. So I bought 2, QB96 strips. Each are about 22" long and 2 boards fit perfectly within the stock reflector. I even adapted the stocl power cord to the Meanwell HLG80H-54 driver. I've got it dimmed to 45 watts and its still twice as bright as the T5! No more bulb replacement!
QB 96 Light test.jpg
LED converted T5 fixture.jpg

• I converted my T5 fixture to LED. The bulb needed replacing and I looked at T5 LED replacment bulbs but none had specs that made them seem worth buying. So I bought 2, QB96 strips. Each are about 22" long and 2 boards fit perfectly within the stock reflector. I even adapted the stocl power cord to the Meanwell HLG80H-54 driver. I've got it dimmed to 45 watts and its still twice as bright as the T5! No more bulb replacement!
View attachment 1023909 View attachment 1023910

That’s a great use for that old fixture. Very creative!

Hey guys
Still trying to get my head around my new light. It’s my first grow with it and I am on approx day 13.
I think the plants are not as big as I have done in the past with MH and HPS, I know it’s a diff strain and that makes a diff but trying to work out best power and height position

I probably shouldn’t be using this light for early stage, but I want to be able to go from seed to harvest with the one light

My light is a 600w https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...m=a2700.wholesale.maylikever.8.44ca183bcmPuT7

I have dimmer control on it and I have been adjusting the height and power but I cannot settle on one.

Anyone else been running seedlings under such lights and gone through the full cycle with such lights.

What heights did you have yours etc?
I don’t have a par or lax meter yet.

That's because, ans sorry, I don't know a polite way to say this but you got rooked. That " 600 watt " light isn't, its a 240 watt light. which also tells my those are NOT Samsung LM301B chips, because if the were EACH board could do 160 watts. I try to tell people not to trust these alibaba dealers. Pay the price and get real QB boards from HLG, you know, the ones with a 3 year warranty......... and Real Samsung chips.

Look, this is the spec sheet. THIS is why your plants are smaller

fake QB.png

Hey guys
Still trying to get my head around my new light. It’s my first grow with it and I am on approx day 13.
I think the plants are not as big as I have done in the past with MH and HPS, I know it’s a diff strain and that makes a diff but trying to work out best power and height position

I probably shouldn’t be using this light for early stage, but I want to be able to go from seed to harvest with the one light

My light is a 600w https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...m=a2700.wholesale.maylikever.8.44ca183bcmPuT7

I have dimmer control on it and I have been adjusting the height and power but I cannot settle on one.

Anyone else been running seedlings under such lights and gone through the full cycle with such lights.

Hey guys

I might be totally out to lunch on this, but that light would be way strong for seedlings. You’d have to dim it substantially. I put my seedlings under a cfl cluster before I veg it under a blurple and then move it under the big one for flowering.

That's because, ans sorry, I don't know a polite way to say this but you got rooked. That " 600 watt " light isn't, its a 240 watt light. which also tells my those are NOT Samsung LM301B chips, because if the were EACH board could do 160 watts. I try to tell people not to trust these alibaba dealers. Pay the price and get real QB boards from HLG, you know, the ones with a 3 year warranty......... and Real Samsung chips.

Look, this is the spec sheet. THIS is why your plants are smaller

View attachment 1024245
It says right in the details what it is. And yes, for 240 watt, that’s a bit rich.

Hey guys

Its a normal learning curve. These are monster lights. I burnt seedlings and/or caused excessive stretch on my first try. Add different strains/phenos into the mix and it gets more confusing. Most of the time, us growers catch the problem in time (Cos we check every 2 secs) and adjust height or dim to compensate. I've read of seedling burns at only 25% with 800 boards which is about half your total wattage.

Imo, nothing wrong with your lights. Russell is also a pretty cool dude. Better English than most I'd say.

Back