Lighting Quantum board thread.

:smoking:

The best way to decide would be to put both spectrum graphs next to each other and decide based upon how you feel about it. Some of the cob graphs show 3500 is ideal. But when I picked up my QB 132 I honestly was very happy with the red in the 4K so will run those instead. I think most of the LEDs will go a full run with anything between 3-4K.

Well, maybe I will go with 3000k then. Thanks for your input :)

Learnt some new stuff in the process of confirming my new order. Thought I'd share them with fellow 800 or long board lovers.

The 800 boards by Meijiu whether V1 or V2 uses 940mm x 190mm x 10mm heatsinks. Its an entire piece of QB with 800 diodes screwed onto the heatsink.

The same heatsink can also fit 3 x 288 boards for a total of 864 diodes. Kingbrite offers this option for way cheaper.

It may seem ridiculous that the Meijiu 800 boards cost more when the Kingbrite version has more diodes. The difference is with thickness and thermal conductivity.

288 boards are 1.6mm thick while 800 boards are 2.0mm thick. Thermal conductivity for 288 boards are 1.0W mk and 800 boards are 3.0W mk. To my understanding it means rate of heat transfer. The higher the rating, means more copper used and that stuff is expensive.

In my personal opinion, I feel that the Kingbrite version if of better value. A full kit at $200 or so at the time of writing. The thickness of the 288 board should not matter because they have been proven to work like a champ. Meijiu ones are a whopping $267! You pay $67 more for 64 less diodes. Theoretically, thicker boards and better thermal conductivity could make your lights last longer though. So both are good options for different needs!

So there you go! If you wanna go for quality, get the Meijiu 800 boards that is thicker and conducts heat better, but has less total diodes!

If you don't think thickness matters since the 288s are everywhere and is a proven board, get the Kingbrite version. Way cheaper. The only drawback I see is a tiny bit more wires since the 3 boards needs to be connected to each other. Also a perfect pre drilled heatsink or frame for DIY 3×288 board build, that you can buy from Kingbrite.

Both Kingbrite and Meijiu sells the same sized heatsink but you cannot interchange them as they are pre drilled differently. Hope this helps!

I placed my order today as well. 5 drivers from derricson (3x185H and 2 LPF-40-20)
And 3 Fotop800 v1 2x3000k and one 4000k plus 2 of the Fogro36 supplemental reds with osram diodes. All for a decent price of slightly under 630$

I placed my order today as well. 5 drivers from derricson (3x185H and 2 LPF-40-20)
And 3 Fotop800 v1 2x3000k and one 4000k plus 2 of the Fogro36 supplemental reds with osram diodes. All for a decent price of slightly under 630$

Any reason you did not go V2? Don't get me wrong though. V1 is great too. I got 2 of them but I'm getting a V2 this time.

I'll be getting the heatsink model with 320H driver so I can test grows with both soft and hard lighting....and cos Im an addict! Lol

Any reason you did not go V2? Don't get me wrong though. V1 is great too. I got 2 of them but I'm getting a V2 this time.

I'll be getting the heatsink model with 320H driver so I can test grows with both soft and hard lighting....and cos Im an addict! Lol
Mainly the price difference. I’ll be obviously running mine quite soft, given the 185 drivers. This should make the boards quite efficient. Efficient enough to not worry about the v2. Also, I’m a bit restricted in height do to my massive filter which I just bought.
Another issue is heat. I got to really watch how much air i blow out of the house because that air needs to be replaced with fresh air. And at winter temps in the -40s.... you get the idea.

Mainly the price difference. I’ll be obviously running mine quite soft, given the 185 drivers. This should make the boards quite efficient. Efficient enough to not worry about the v2. Also, I’m a bit restricted in height do to my massive filter which I just bought.
Another issue is heat. I got to really watch how much air i blow out of the house because that air needs to be replaced with fresh air. And at winter temps in the -40s.... you get the idea.

Makes a lot of sense to me! Especially when you say efficient enough to not worry bout V2 when running them soft! I call that a wise and informed purchase. For me, I just ask too many what ifs?

You'll probably be getting a couple of Chinese knots as freebies. Add them to grow room to camouflage as Chinese growers! Security precaution LOL!

Makes a lot of sense to me! Especially when you say efficient enough to not worry bout V2 when running them soft! I call that a wise and informed purchase. For me, I just ask too many what ifs?

You'll probably be getting a couple of Chinese knots as freebies. Add them to grow room to camouflage as Chinese growers! Security precaution LOL!

Thank you!
I’ve been doing a fair amount of reading lately, not just here. Originally I hadn’t planned to join another forum since my first experience with RUI was rather disturbing. Why people can be such dicks to one another is beyond me. But, back to topic.
As they say, many ways lead to Rome and you just gotta figure out your own needs and what your situation is. I could have done many things and there have been a lot of what-ifs. But I’m confident that this setup will grow some really fine weed. My current blurple seems to cause issues shortly into flower, so that’s why I wanted a light to circumvent these issues.

These strips are all the same length so it’ll be easy to make a frame to suit them and yet be somewhat flexible, should I choose to make modifications.

Last edited:
Thank you!
I’ve been doing a fair amount of reading lately, not just here. Originally I hadn’t planned to join another forum since my first experience with RUI was rather disturbing. Why people can be such dicks to one another is beyond me. But, back to topic.
As they say, many ways lead to Rome and you just gotta figure out your own needs and what your situation is. I could have done many things and there have been a lot of what-ifs. But I’m confident that this setup will grow some really fine weed. My current blurple seems to cause issues shortly into flower, so that’s why I wanted a light to circumvent these issues.

These strips are all the same length so it’ll be easy to make a gram to suit them and yet be somewhat flexible, should I choose to make modifications.

We have pretty much the exact same boards. I believe your boards can easily reach 200W with the driver. Thats pretty much the max I'd drive each board for my next grow. So we'll be pretty much giving our plants the same exact lights. Lets hope they kick ass. Results from my last grow was awesome. Lets see what an additional V2 and red boards can do!

We have pretty much the exact same boards. I believe your boards can easily reach 200W with the driver. Thats pretty much the max I'd drive each board for my next grow. So we'll be pretty much giving our plants the same exact lights. Lets hope they kick ass. Results from my last grow was awesome. Lets see what an additional V2 and red boards can do!
That was the other reason I opted for this. I need no heatsinks which will ease the weight on the tent and also shipping is much cheaper without the heatsinks.
I’m on my 4th grow now and, so far, with my blurple, I had mixed results. Yet still got enough that 3 people smoke from it and I still got leftovers. I just felt like maximizing my yield as good as I could with what I’m comfy and maybe not have to grow in the hot sommer months. Plus now I’m curious to compare results.
If the lights show up in time, the current round will still get some since I’m about half through.

Hey guys how do these connectors work.. push fit?
More importantly how does the wire come out again without breaking them
20190219_221446-768x1024.jpg

Back