Indoor Project Green Thumb

04/13/16
  • Switched nutes on all to mid-bloom. Using full % on nutes.

04/17/16
  • I got a lot of personal fouls in 14 years of rugby. I have to learn the hard way sometimes, I added 3 more 43W CFL to my main tent. POWERHOUSE GROWING!!!!....:amazon:
  • Added 2x 6" fans to base of tent. (despite research, I listened to a friend that told me I did not need these)
  • Added intake exhaust fan. (despite research, I listened to a friend that told me I did not need these)
  • Have readings stable at 80F - 49%.
  • Everyone is in flower mode. Even the three replacements I added for the failed Samsara seeds.
  • More updated photos coming. I now have to clear-out tent for individual pics..................:cool1: In the mean time, by genetics, Tutankhamon and Big Low have some nice shots attached. I do have one of my Six Shooter that has a 2nd cola competing with the primary.

Attachments

• Tutankhamon 04-17-16 B.jpg
    Tutankhamon 04-17-16 B.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Tutankhamon 04-17-16 C.jpg
    Tutankhamon 04-17-16 C.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Big Low 04-17-16.jpg
    Big Low 04-17-16.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 85
Hey what's up @Moondude ?? (If you are asking me?) I will give my two cents about it ..If the majority of leaves were tucked so that they were only efficient to 50% ,what would be the difference in removing 50% of them,I tuck leaves if needed,but I also remove a lot( hey dogs gotta get high too!).this goes against what most people will tell ya,don't remove them cause they are little solar panels and they store food,And this is true in the "wild",we as growers prep the media,feed them the best we can as often as we can,we give them the best lights we can afford,why would they need to store energy and nutes,I say horseshit,if you can't tuck em take them off ,just do it sparingly and leave the leaf/leaves on for a week or so while it is growing,these are my thoughts and practices, defoliation is a topic that your either for or against,but these are not the autos of 5-10 years ago..if the big fans are blocking the budsites try to lst/bend/spread the branches so they get light...

Hey what's up @Moondude ?? (If you are asking me?) I will give my two cents about it ..If the majority of leaves were tucked so that they were only efficient to 50% ,what would be the difference in removing 50% of them,I tuck leaves if needed,but I also remove a lot( hey dogs gotta get high too!).this goes against what most people will tell ya,don't remove them cause they are little solar panels and they store food,And this is true in the "wild",we as growers prep the media,feed them the best we can as often as we can,we give them the best lights we can afford,why would they need to store energy and nutes,I say horseshit,if you can't tuck em take them off ,just do it sparingly and leave the leaf/leaves on for a week or so while it is growing,these are my thoughts and practices, defoliation is a topic that your either for or against,but these are not the autos of 5-10 years ago..if the big fans are blocking the budsites try to lst/bend/spread the branches so they get light...

Hey budelee...extremely well put man. I agree on all points 100%, well maybe except for the dogs comment as my two pups don't like grass much :D

Confession; I clipped a couple myself over the past few days.

Autoflowers of 2017 are NOT autoflowers of 2000. We may need to bump our heads a few time to see what 2017 genetics are ready for.

My dogs like beer. The cats on the other hand.

image.jpeg
@Moondude ,I think you are talking about lollipopping them and I plan on doing that with my scrog plants this grow,,I do however chop some of the lower stuff just because it makes popcorn larf that is only good for oil .... @912GreenSkell i was only kidding about getting the dog high,they just like the green undried/uncured/undecarbed leaves as a snack,if I don't share,they will defol and top when I'm not watching( see my current auto mazzar,damn dog did a better job than I do!)..lol...I had one get into the rosin chips,totally jacked herself,I felt bad for her..

I already warned you I am a redneck. I take my trimming leaves and use them as dip, as in chewing tobacco dip. I made a molasses wintergreen solution to mix with them; they already have mint in the flavor natural at this age. I have also soaked them in whisky then used them as chew.

Before you think I am too crazy. As a kid the farmer I worked for had all dipping/chewing everything until we turned 15 year old, then he gave us tobacco. Learned behavior.

Hey Fellas,

At any point am I going to trim the leaves under the canopy and the tiny wanna-be flowers that are sucking up nutes with autos?

I do on all plants photos and autos...any flowers or leaves on the 1st quarter to third of branches are cleaned off.

Budelee - Rosin ouch...likely not a good night for the pup! One of my dogs ate 3 pot cookies once...really not cool. The cookies I make have 30g's of bud per batch. 3 cookies sends me into another dimension, cant even imagine how wired the dog was. She pissed her bed, couldn't stand up. But the next day she was okay. The old girl passed away last summer, rest in piece my sweet Teegan!

Back