Indoor Project Green Thumb

This is my first live grow blog/journal. What else am I suppose to include?
You are doing a good job so far,update as much as you want,the more the better as this will keep your thread closer to the top where it will be seen more,,include a few pics and some info about how they are growing ,ask any questions you might have...hmmm there is a thread about attracting more people ,let me see if I can find it!!!

03/20/16
Early Veg for all but Green-o-Matic

03/21/16

Start full nutrients for all but Green-o-Matic

03/22/16

Moved Clones to new 48x32x60 tent with my 250HID and 2x 40W CFL.

03/24/16
Added gnomes

03/25/16
Green-o-Matic is alive and kicking!!!! Green-o-Matic hits veg.
Green-o-Matic start 1/4 nutrients.

03/28-30
Early flower for all but Green-o-Matic

04/02/16
Changed bulb to HPS

04/02/16
Six Shooter #2 continues to dominate the tent. Tutankhamon is a nice looking plant a close behind.

Both Six Shooters changed shape a bit over night. Both took on more of a Sativa look from the round bush. Photos to follow.

Attachments

• a Tent 03-29-16.jpg
    a Tent 03-29-16.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Big Low 03-29-16 B.jpg
    Big Low 03-29-16 B.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Green-o-Matic 03-24-16.jpg
    Green-o-Matic 03-24-16.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Six Shooter #1 03-29-16.jpg
    Six Shooter #1 03-29-16.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Six Shooter #2 03-29-16 G.jpg
    Six Shooter #2 03-29-16 G.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Tutankhamon 03-29-16 B.jpg
    Tutankhamon 03-29-16 B.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Six Shooter #2 03-29-16 G.jpg
    Six Shooter #2 03-29-16 G.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Looking good,there is one plant that looks to have a bit of heat stress going on,it should outgrow it as it gets bigger and stronger ..Also don't forget to hit the like button,it lets visitors know you appreciate them stopping by ,and they will usually "like " your posts as well :cheers:

Looking good,there is one plant that looks to have a bit of heat stress going on,it should outgrow it as it gets bigger and stronger ..Also don't forget to hit the like button,it lets visitors know you appreciate them stopping by ,and they will usually "like " your posts as well :cheers:

You may be talking about the Green-o-Matic. She came out looking seriously bad, did not veg for a looooong time. Check out early photo, I did not think she was going to make it. Also, I have been having issues with the Six Shooters and the lamp. They seem to like it no closer than 24" (1000W) (they are in bigger/taller pots 5g vs. 3g.)

Ya it's gets crazy sometimes when there are multiple strains at the same time,it can be a challenge to keep them all looking and growing good,but it's that kind of experience that will make you a better grower ,also a grow without any issues doesn't really teach you much..if I had to pick a strain for ease/return it would be Paradise seeds Auto Wappa,they didn't give me any troubles( with nutes or otherwise)and gave above breeders stated yield.

That's some serious wattage!! Is your ballast dimmable??? They will benefit from it as they get bigger but may want a little less while they are small..

That's some serious wattage!! Is your ballast dimmable??? They will benefit from it as they get bigger but may want a little less while they are small..

My ballast is dimmable. I was running on 600 way early. Raised it to 1000w when most hit healthy veg. The primary reason I raised the ballast is more sq/ft coverage at higher lumes???? I am curious to know your recommendation for wattage and height of ballast throughout the grow? My goal is to cover my entire 4x4x7 with max wattage and no leaning; if this is possible. I am assuming a 1000W bulb will cover the entire 4x4 at max lumes at a certain height, where as 600W will not cover the entire 4x4 floor at max lumes???? I had the image with the lum spread for a 4x4 space but cannot find it. I would love to find a satisfactory static height to cover the entire 4x4x7, that would allow at least 95% efficiency on plant health/production throughout the life cycle. I do suspect leaving them in the nursery/germ dome longer would help towards a static height for the 4x4x7.

I do plan on converting my midsize tent a 60% humidity 80 degree 250W MH veg tent when the clones I started with are finished. So in the long run this would be a lot easier to leave my 1000W HPS in place.

Now that I have hit flowering, I am struggling to get my humidity to "hold" below 50%. I put in a $20 organic dehumidifier with no humidistat and it is doing nothing; I did only give it 4 hours. I have done a Chinese fire drill in and around the tent trying everything with fan and vents. I do not want to give up the space for a big ole dehumidifier (own one sitting idle). Any ideas?

image.jpeg
I am including this pic as a general info type thing just to give an idea of what the mfg might recommend,they are a bit generous by saying a 600 will cover a 6.5x6.5, it's more like 4x4 ,this is what I use and can cover 5.5x5.5 at 16-20 inches above the tops,so 1000 is more than enough for your space as long as you are not having heat issues the more watts /lumens the better..here is a tip I do and recommend,if you have a small temp gauge,hang it from the light housing on a string,at flower height,and this will give the most accurate temp of what the flower tops are at for temp,at floor level the temp will be lower,and top of tent will be higher,most important is flower top temps,,on the RH ,if you are in a humid area/location you will be fighting the humidity the whole way thru and have no choice but to run a dehumidifier,some ideas can help a little ,like bowls of rice or rice in pantyhose socks hanging,cardboard strips hanging,or desiccant bags,these prolly won't be that effective and would need to be changed occasionally ,in Co we have the opposite so increasing RH is necessary in veg.Hope this helps a little,..btw,your plants are looking and seem to be growing great!!! Peace

Back