Outdoor Pop22's Greenhouse3 grows 2015 - what strains to grow?

What strains for the Greenhouse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup..

mossy-albums-dragons-zen-farm-picture439359-1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

I can thoroughly recommend sand bags pop..we have the frame secured with big fence posts and bolts..but the cover still tried to make a getaway...
ripped a few of the Velcro ties..so hubby got some builders sand..and it has stayed down since...:tiphat:

my neighbors wouuld shit if I achored it with sand bags...lol! But I'm gathering rocks to use. Going to paint them green........ :howdy:

And Mossy, I like that deluxe model you've got! Next year I may be on my own land, THEN watch out! lol! :Sharing One:

Blue Tomatoes and an Orphan...

Got to transplanting some of my blue tomatoes today while working in the greenhouse. For the tomatoes, i'm using recycled organic soil, amended with NG Soil builder and a little lime. I got 4 transplanted and will get more done tomorrow. Tomatoes and peppers are my screening plants that will line the side and end of the greenhouse.

I decided no to put out my canna seedlings as its suppose to be pretty cold the next couple nights. Tomato seeds are MUCH cheaper........and I can grow more! However........................................................

I stored my soil from last year in several totes. I used the totes as sand bags temporarily till I get my stones to weigh down the flaps of the tent. I was digging soil out of them for my tomatoes, when, what did I see??? a little seedling sticking up out of the bin.............and YEP! It was a canna seedling! Amazing really, the weather has been shit and that soil was frozen solid 10 days ago!

I've come to the conclusion, these plants tolerate cold weather much better than people think they do. Last fall, I found 2 seedling sprouting in a recycled soil bin. The day I found them it was 29F ( 1.6 C ) outside! I'm leaving Orphan on the greenhouse and going to put 2 of my Durrty Cheese seedlings out and see what happens.. I've got lots of Durrty Cheese seeds so........of they do well, all my seedlings will go out, and DAMN...O hope they can 'cause its getting REALLY crowded in the house................ :dance2:

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture444507-blue-tomatoes-pic1-4-21-2015.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture444508-orphan-pic1-4-21-2015.jpg

Well I though sure I'd find dead plants in the greenhouse this morning, as the temp dipped to 30F last night. Hell I didn't even want to go look. Well, I was in for a surprise! My Blue tomatoes REALLY didn't like being transplanted, wspecially into cols soil. Within minutes they looked half wilted. This moring.........................................Every plants was standing tall and happy!! So I'm going to chance it and put more plants out!

Also, another reason they need to go out...............Damn Stoner Dog!!!!.............................he ate 3 of my Durrty Cheese seedlings....lol!

pop22-albums-other-stuff-picture436296-king-1.jpg

Dude your dog is awesome! Perhaps pooch needs his own meds?

Dude your dog is awesome! Perhaps pooch needs his own meds?

I give him a leaf or two every now and thewn, seems to keep him out of the garden most of the time...

Dang dude nice dog and greenhouse, can't believe I've missed this thread, subbed in. Can't wait to see more of this.

Well, its been warmer already today, into the 40's now and suppose to be warmer tonight. Just checked and not only are they all surviving, I see a little growth too! So It looks like I didn't start too early! Greenhouses are awesome!

Here's some pics:

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture445777-greenhouse-4-25-2015-pic1.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture445778-greenhouse-4-25-2015-pic2.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture445779-greenhouse-4-25-2015-pic3.jpg

WOOOOOO! Good to see the forum back up. I decided top avoid agravation and stayed a way a few days till the dust settled here...lol! Ans I've been VERY busy. I've got my greenhouse packed about half full with all kinds of stuff, plus outdoor veggies and flowers. In the indoors gardensI've been busy chopping today. I'm going to try to update all my threads today, I've got pics and swtuff just got to wrap up a few things then I'll come back and post. Its great to be back!

Thanks to all who worked hard to give us this new home! :worship:

Been real busy in the greenhouse! 18 tomato plants, a couple tulips and Gladiolas, several varieties of flowers from seed growing, Aji peppers, Jalapeños, Yellow Bell peppers, AND.................40 canna plants! 20 CushDog, a Chemcity Blues, a Red Poison, 5 White vUrckle x JEM x Lowryder, 6 Double Bubbly, and one White Widow x Cushdog! Should keep me busy for a while.......lol!
2015 greenhouse-1.jpg
2015 greenhouse-2.jpg

Back