Outdoor Pop22's Greenhouse3 grows 2015 - what strains to grow?

What strains for the Greenhouse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New greenhouse just arrived. Off to put it up!

:dance2:

Frame of the greenhouse is all up! Too windy today to put the cover on by myself. In fact, I may need to recruit some help! I'll get pics tomorrow. before I cover it.

Now, last spring I bought one of these cheap greenhouses. It was an 8'lx7'wx7'h. It was nice enough considering I paied $59 for it! But the frame and plastic were a bit light weight. for the money, I'm not complaining! It served its purpose and took a beating too!

The New greenhouse is 12'L x 7'W x 7'H. 33% bigger. And the frame is much, much heavier duty, and nicely made! It even had end caps to seal the exposed ends on the frame! The plastic cover is much heavier also, I'm guessing 6mil. plastic. It has the reinforcing threads embedded in it also and it was $83 shipped! Hell of a bargin I think!

As with the other one, my only real complaint is there's a door in one end but nothing at the other end, not even a window. It does have 6 side windows though. All in all, I should get 2-3 years out of it and I still plan to buy a better 10'x10' greenhouse if I can in a month or 2.

Lineup has changed a bit for the first round if autos:
5 Double Bubbly ( All 5 broke soil! )
I Chemcity Blues ( also sprouted...gotta love Mephisto! )
1 Sweet Trainwreck ( already broke soil! )
3 Durtty cheese

A couple of already growing plants may make it out there. Likely a:

MOB x Stone x Jack and an Northern Lights

Should be enough to get started as I've got 12 Blue tomatoes ready to go out, and 6 assorted pepper plants!

Wooo Hooo! Got the cover on by myself! Getting the benches, etc in now. going to be cold tonight so I may wait till tomorrow to move plants out. I may have to suffle them in and out for a week or so, its actually a bit early to put them out, but I want to test for hardiness also so, I'll lwave a few in over night. Pics coming this afternoon. got to run now and get a couple more anchors.

Wooo Hooo! Got the cover on by myself!

Hehe.... Heh.. Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh......

I've said that before...

Heh.. Sorry

Update:
Greenhouse is up! I'm very pleased with it! Much better than expected for the price, and actually much better than the one it replaced! Screwed 4 dogchain anchors into the ground, tight to the frame and lashed it with two,175# test zip ties, to each anchor. If it blows away this year, Dorothy will be right behind it.................lol!

Put a light over my seedlings as they are really stretching already. I'll put them out for the day tomorrow.

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture443639-seedlings-greenhouse-2015.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture443634-greenhouse-2015-2.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture443635-greenhouse-2015-3.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture443636-greenhouse-frame-2015.jpg

pop22-albums-greenhouse-2015-picture443638-greenhouse-frame-pic3-2015.jpg

Hehe.... Heh.. Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh......

I've said that before...

Heh.. Sorry

:roflcry:

I think the guy on ebay is doing a roaring trade out of us from AFN

can rain/air get through that greenhouse? sorry if it's a dumb question lol.

I think the guy on ebay is doing a roaring trade out of us from AFN

Yup..

mossy-albums-dragons-zen-farm-picture439359-1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

If it blows away this year, Dorothy will be right behind it.................lol!

I can thoroughly recommend sand bags pop..we have the frame secured with big fence posts and bolts..but the cover still tried to make a getaway...
ripped a few of the Velcro ties..so hubby got some builders sand..and it has stayed down since...:tiphat:

It's water tight and the air can flow through the flappy window things if you don't have them shut properly. I'd recommend them for several reasons
Firstly you can't see properly what's inside, they are as warm if not warmer than a green house I've had all windows and door open for the past few days here in the UK
They don't break if you kick a football into it (personal experience here) they're bigger on the inside than they look (a bit like a tardis)
I worked out I could get 50 auto's in mine comfortably (the wife would kill me)
Anyway IMO anyone thinking about growing outdoors in a not so good climate like the UK or Northern USA Canada etc should have one

I have dug a trench around mine and buried the flap at the bottom and so far it's been ok in the wind we've been having recently

Last edited:

No, its water tight, Air can get thru as it has 6 windows. I'll have a box fan in a window in summer, and an oscillating fan to keep the air moving

Back