She is a pretty plant for sure!
Im hoping that the staggered chop works out, i did it on my last plant to some degree of success lol
It'll work although you've done the correct thing by bending the main stem on the younger one. You'll have much better side branching and she'll really fill out. The yield will be better but the whole process will more involved, you'll need to keep on top of the training or it won't help much. she'll also need more space so be sure to take that into account. It's an easy and satisfying technique though and the best thing for autos IMO. Topping tends not to help with yield although you can get a stockier plant if that works better for your space too.

It'll work although you've done the correct thing by bending the main stem on the younger one. You'll have much better side branching and she'll really fill out. The yield will be better but the whole process will more involved, you'll need to keep on top of the training or it won't help much. she'll also need more space so be sure to take that into account. It's an easy and satisfying technique though and the best thing for autos IMO. Topping tends not to help with yield although you can get a stockier plant if that works better for your space too.
I dont really have any real " flow" to my growing yet, just trying it all out, see what works for me and such.
But i really enjoyed topping/training. Not gonna lie, shaping a plant and having it grow out is pretty rad, and soothing!
At some point im gonna mainline one to see how it grows and what it looks like. Thatll be another time tho, i gotta stock up on meds before i get crazy frankenstein with a plant lol

I dont really have any real " flow" to my growing yet, just trying it all out, see what works for me and such.
But i really enjoyed topping/training. Not gonna lie, shaping a plant and having it grow out is pretty rad, and soothing!
At some point im gonna mainline one to see how it grows and what it looks like. Thatll be another time tho, i gotta stock up on meds before i get crazy frankenstein with a plant lol
Trying it all is the best approach!

Oh yeah bro... I didn't mention that... Hahaha it is kind of a pain so honestly I've been tempted to let them grow all natural. They are not kidding. I sometimes will spend a solid hour just messing with tie downs and moving branching into circles and feeding leaves to the right places. It makes for a ugly looking plant at first but a nice pretty little bush in the end!

Lol your first one bro! That was your mainlining experiment. Hope you learned a thang or two from that widow! Gotta be the funniest journal I have ever watched bro. Thanks for that

Lol your first one bro! That was your mainlining experiment. Hope you learned a thang or two from that widow! Gotta be the funniest journal I have ever watched bro. Thanks for that
When i think back on widow, i imagine she looks like the hunchback from 300.
The gods were cruel to her, and then i got a hold of her lol.

Wassup peeps?
Day 55ish
Quick update on big girl and then them pics!

Shes still kickin! So much frost, buds are really filling in. I am going to have to do the staggered chop, her top section is damn near solid milky and the bottom section is still 75% clear.
I think 2 weeks, maybe 3 on the top. Bottom will be another month at least.

Feeds been the same... bud explosion, sweet candy, calmag, interspersed with recharge and water only days. I will switch to water only for the last couple of weeks.

Lights still the same, 16" from top cola running at approx 100ish watts. 18/6 light cycle.

That was boring, on to them pics!
20190823_095309.jpg
20190823_095324.jpg
20190823_095330.jpg
20190823_095343.jpg
20190823_095402.jpg
20190823_095446.jpg

Wassup peeps?
Day 55ish
Quick update on big girl and then them pics!

Shes still kickin! So much frost, buds are really filling in. I am going to have to do the staggered chop, her top section is damn near solid milky and the bottom section is still 75% clear.
I think 2 weeks, maybe 3 on the top. Bottom will be another month at least.

Feeds been the same... bud explosion, sweet candy, calmag, interspersed with recharge and water only days. I will switch to water only for the last couple of weeks.

Lights still the same, 16" from top cola running at approx 100ish watts. 18/6 light cycle.

That was boring, on to them pics! View attachment 1094281 View attachment 1094282 View attachment 1094283 View attachment 1094284 View attachment 1094285 View attachment 1094286

Nice brotha.! I bet they smell nice too.))

Loaded with trichomes I see! She looks great bro!

Ya I thought I needed to harvest from top to bottom this round but I couldn’t convince myself to do it lol. I thought I might help the lower stuff develop better if I could get my light closer?

Nice brotha.! I bet they smell nice too.))
yeah they do! Fruit punchy with a koolada twist. Its sooooo nice!

Loaded with trichomes I see! She looks great bro!

Ya I thought I needed to harvest from top to bottom this round but I couldn’t convince myself to do it lol. I thought I might help the lower stuff develop better if I could get my light closer?
So i think moving the lights closer could work but ya run that risk of frying the top colas id think.
A couple options...easier option would be to add some sorta side lighting, kinda light up the lower section specifically, or....supercropping.
Im not in any position to do either of thise things so ill just do the staged chop. Which is cool, cause it will feel like ive been growing 2 plants instead of 1 lol

Back