I luv both mine, i have the hlg 150w and a mars hydro 150w.
I have an autocob as well and it def is easier to place and handle but i feel like i get better spread with the qbs.
Ive got one qb with an external potentiometer and one without, id definitely say get the external if ya want to adjust power levels a lot. You might lose a smidge of power with it but im okay with that trade.
Cool thanks! Nice stretch on her good frame for some stacking!

Its time to ramble my afn peeps...
So ive done went and did a thing.
Im 6 days, today, into my 1st ever hydro attempt.
Ive got some sexy seeds, and a thirst for knowledge so im gonna go out and get some!
Ill do up a journal for the hydro here in a day or 2(yay another bitb journal, yay).
Anywho, ive got it set up and going, but i wanted to share this lil bit as it will hopefully benefit any/all of the plants.
I unhooked the autopot rez and ive set it up to be the communal bubbler for all the plants water needs. Ive got a lil airpump and a couple airstones bubbling away, the rez has approx 8 gallons of tapwater in it and will bubble for 48 hours, then ill fill up gallon jugs and get those nuted and phed as needed.
Im kinda buying in to aerated water as a better water for muh plants. Is it better, i dont know. I do know that anecdotally im noticing that if i bubble my tapwater for 48 hours its ph stays real steady, like unnaturally steady lol. Im down with that alone! Hopefully tho my plants will dig all the extra o2!
I moved the rez out of that window after the pic, and its covered so no worries about light in the rez! No algae slime for me!
Anybody else out there aerate their plants water??
20190731_094728.jpg

Its time to ramble my afn peeps...
So ive done went and did a thing.
Im 6 days, today, into my 1st ever hydro attempt.
Ive got some sexy seeds, and a thirst for knowledge so im gonna go out and get some!
Ill do up a journal for the hydro here in a day or 2(yay another bitb journal, yay).
Anywho, ive got it set up and going, but i wanted to share this lil bit as it will hopefully benefit any/all of the plants.
I unhooked the autopot rez and ive set it up to be the communal bubbler for all the plants water needs. Ive got a lil airpump and a couple airstones bubbling away, the rez has approx 8 gallons of tapwater in it and will bubble for 48 hours, then ill fill up gallon jugs and get those nuted and phed as needed.
Im kinda buying in to aerated water as a better water for muh plants. Is it better, i dont know. I do know that anecdotally im noticing that if i bubble my tapwater for 48 hours its ph stays real steady, like unnaturally steady lol. Im down with that alone! Hopefully tho my plants will dig all the extra o2!
I moved the rez out of that window after the pic, and its covered so no worries about light in the rez! No algae slime for me!
Anybody else out there aerate their plants water??View attachment 1084780
Looks good bro. I know from reading through other journals that when the people are using a hydro setup the water pH fluctuations are more stable when they bubble like you do. I think you got this bro and if you want tag up me and this guy @Boradan he seems to be a hydro guru. Sorry if I tagged you up and you don't have time bud. Just trying to help my grow neighbor out :pass:

Lol @Boradan is one of the peeps ive been harassing lately with questions!
Ive been picking some of the afn hydro peeps brains for a bit now.
The soil issues this round kinda cemented the decision for me to take the plunge.
Im excited and stupid nervous lol

Lol funny! Well there you go. I seen him speak some straight science before. Keep it up bro because I might need your expertise at some point!

Lol funny! Well there you go. I seen him speak some straight science before. Keep it up bro because I might need your expertise at some point!
Heres my unofficial hydro support team, they might not know it yet lol...
No tags cause sometimes thats just irksome but the team is boradan, wawashell, frenjamin banklin, and missuniverse.
Ive picked through their journals and asked many questions and theyve been the peeps whove helped the most thus far in regards to hydro specific questions!

Nice. Yeah if you do it in a separate journal don't forget your grow neighbor and tag me up. I want to learn hydro so I'll do it vicariously through you in real time first

Back