So my lil seedling hasnt grown one bit in 24 hours.
I went ahead and started another seed, its 12 hours floating in a shotglass, if it sinks imma put it in a folded paper towel inside a ziploc and stored in a dark pantry.
All told im batting 5 for 14 currently.
<Redacted>
Shewwww, i think i got all my gripes out. Now ill try and relax while i stress over these fekkin plants lol

Last edited:
So my lil seedling hasnt grown one bit in 24 hours.
I went ahead and started another seed, its 12 hours floating in a shotglass, if it sinks imma put it in a folded paper towel inside a ziploc and stored in a dark pantry.
All told im batting 5 for 14 currently. So ive had 5 dud mephisto seeds, and 4 dud magic strain seeds.
If this next meph seed doesnt pop im gonna go back and try out some of my seedsman seeds, they all popped right away.
Shewwww, i think i got all my gripes out. Now ill try and relax while i stress over these fekkin plants lol
Is this the seedling you showed me the pic of yesterday?

In no way is that a dud seed then.
You need a little patience. It is literally a 2 day old baby. It will not turn from a seedling into a 4-node plant in a few days. Give it time my man. All you are doing is wasting time and money...

I know i know, but also in my very brief time with these plants i know my other plants when they popped the soil they had opened up within the first 24 hours.
Im not looking for 4 nodes yo, but itd be rad if it would at least open up its baby leaves, give me a sign its trying to grow!
Its all good in da hood! Im gettin ready to chop down my gorilla blue today, so that makes everything a lil bit better!

Germination

I have a small four Oz mason jar and I cut down a strip of wet/dry 800 grit so that it runs around the inside. I put my seeds in there and swirl them for 5 minutes to a race the surface and the out the section where they will split.

I soak in the dark for 24-36 hours. Usually spin my finger through after 6 hours to get them to sink. I remove as soon as they crack. Not looking for a tap root here as they need O2. Try to reduce the amount of direct intense light they get to the exposed root.

Jiffy pellet rapid rooters only for me. Tried others and Coco based ones but no luck. No need to get fancy soaking them but I use a bottle water to keep them neutral. I also have made a starter solution from a natural aloe leaf that I gust stripped and then blended with 1 aspirin and a bit of water. I add a little of this to both the water that I use to soak seeds and the water I soak pellets with.

The pest pellets need a bit of softening so I roll them a bit before placing seeds to loosen. I place the seed 1/8 below surface with just a light covering on them. They go in a sealed container with lid on a heat mat. 24-36 hours and they are up. Once they shed shel and open I give them 24 hrs and into final net pot. Have a dome on them to help keep up humidity.

I did get a bad batch of Walter white but otherwise this has been 100% for me last few grows.

Looking back at your pest pellet it might be a little dry and that poor girl needs to be in her incubator.

Once you see the tiniest bit of root leaving the rooter it’s time to get into final net pot or medium.

:chimp:

Every plant is different and will progress at different rates. What you are doing is the equivalent of killing puppies because they can't Sit, beg and fetch at 5 days old...
Also, you are doing grow journals on an extremely popular website and telling everyone that certain breeder genetics suck as you have only germinated 5 out of 14 seeds. This is far from accurate. You are just killing successful germinations because they 'Aren't opening their leaves quick enough'

Word of caution!!!!!!

Trying every idea under the sun will just prolong getting things dialed in. I used to think every time I recurved and feedback I would run right out and try that. Stop and use the knowledge to slowly find what works for you.

So don’t run out and buy aloe leaf or sandpaper. Like others have said, relax.

Back