Lighting NEW GN MODULES

I'm merely sticking up for the blokes still beavering away under a generic Chinese light while they wait, and wait, and wait...... for better photons indicated to come their way for one and a half year.........all the while spending wonga needlessly........

I don't understand all this negativity dude. Did you send pre-order money? If you're that desperate why not buy something else? There is no guarantee this will be the end-all of LEDs. I asked GN about 3 months ago and they openly said "mate, you're better of buying something else, we're not ready and have no fixed release date" - and so I did ! look at my diary! I bought 600w HID to run next to my LEDs.

I support GN because it's the ONLY light that keeps working after 4 years. It's THE light that without question renders me better results. I support GN because it's THE company that has earned me better return of investment. And as a non-commercial grower, this factor is huge for me. I've spent a ton on complete shit !! So yeah, right as rain I stick up for whom I believe. Don't you ? And I don't mind waiting for quality. Maybe it's not even the technically super best of the best, but customer service is yet another huge factor.

You're sticking up for beavering blokes? that says a lot.

I'm not being negative....strictly objective!

You're absolutely right about the GN1, I have 2 and they're great lights, and both were fixed hassle free with top, top customers service.......when they had to be returned on warranty....

I don't mind waiting for quality.......I do mind waiting for Godot.......

I'm not being negative....strictly objective!

You're absolutely right about the GN1, I have 2 and they're great lights, and both were fixed hassle free with top, top customers service.......when they had to be returned on warranty....

I don't mind waiting for quality.......I do mind waiting for Godot.......

I get you :pass:… Not fun waiting and waiting. But again, my question… One thing is to be stuck to a pre-order funny business, the other is to get tired of waiting and just go shop for something else! No one is holding you back except yourself.

You know whom I hate more than Godot? Murphy and his bloody law. I'm sure if I were to buy monday, on tuesday the new GN light would be announced. That's kind of my life story :shrug:

Last edited:
You know whom I hate more than Godot? Murphy and his bloody law. I'm sure if I were to buy monday, on tuesday the new GN light would be announced. That's kind of my life story :shrug:
hmmmm.....we seem to share the same kind of life story, only in my case, it wouldn't just be announced on the Tuesday...... it would be on a BOGOF sale, free shipping, lifelong warranty, the keys and a perpetual invitation to visit DP's seed vault with empty pockets plus a 75 % non-transferable discount coupon for the next model..........

Hi all,

Just want to say again, no one is being asked to wait neither have we taken pre payments or done any crowd funding. If you have chosen to wait to see what we release before making a decision on new lighting then thank you, we appreciate the support and faith in our company's abilities and products; it most definitely does not make you a moron or fool as suggested. It is much more likely you are someone who has been around the industry for long enough to know that we take allot of pride in our work and only want to sell the best possible product and/or you have had a GN product before and know our aftersales service is comprehensive.

There has been a few other comments regarding the technology we might include, whether it will be relevant when the product actually hits the market. I just wanted to let you all know about one aspect of the development of this new light; I mentioned in the tech talk about the developments CREE have been making with the photo red's 660nm and how they now have a 60% (approx) global efficiency which is as good or better than most royal blue chips. Last year we entered into a direct sales agreement with CREE and they have provided us a rich amount of extra support and data like spectral power density measurements of all there white LED's, PPF measurements of sample systems and we even had their Horticulture expert from Durham (US) come and sit down with us in Durham (UK) to discuss the development over the next few years and see how we can sync to CREE's development time line. The new systems will be using a mixture of high CRI white and monochromatic Photo red LED's. It has been designed around the latest gen components from CREE and it will be one of the first horticulture systems to market using the new top bin XPEEPR-L1-0000-00C01 which has 3+ μmol/J electrical efficiency at 350ma. You cannot get more relevant than that and as I first mentioned when I talked about this new system we will be very competitive with US and with China build products when considering the cost vs output, efficiency and lifespan.

We are very close to showing off the new light but we have hit some recent delays. We're not going to rush a product to market that isn't the best it can be but whether your are waiting for it to drop or not please appreciate we are just a small company trying to make our way and we are doing what is right for us.

Thankyou

Oh yeah, that sounds pretty good. Hope i got the money when they hit the market.

I don't understand all this negativity dude. Did you send pre-order money? If you're that desperate why not buy something else? There is no guarantee this will be the end-all of LEDs. I asked GN about 3 months ago and they openly said "mate, you're better of buying something else, we're not ready and have no fixed release date" - and so I did ! look at my diary! I bought 600w HID to run next to my LEDs.

I support GN because it's the ONLY light that keeps working after 4 years. It's THE light that without question renders me better results. I support GN because it's THE company that has earned me better return of investment. And as a non-commercial grower, this factor is huge for me. I've spent a ton on complete shit !! So yeah, right as rain I stick up for whom I believe. Don't you ? And I don't mind waiting for quality. Maybe it's not even the technically super best of the best, but customer service is yet another huge factor.

You're sticking up for beavering blokes? that says a lot.

I think its just the GN followers do want IT period, I had a tuff time choosing other leds since i didnt want to wait any longer

I get you :pass:… Not fun waiting and waiting. But again, my question… One thing is to be stuck to a pre-order funny business, the other is to get tired of waiting and just go shop for something else! No one is holding you back except yourself.

well known storyline

Untwist your knickers girls, you've still got your HS1's!

righty right!

That's interesting......do you have any links to back that up?

I take it then that the future won't hold a COB based GN light............

@TaNg how's it going with those detrimental COB links..... Or was it just poorly disguised Trumpist style innuendo........

I don't wanna sound like I'm slamming you, but a lot of people say you wouldn't know a COB from a golf ball even if it jumped up and bit you in da glockenspiel.... Lol

@TaNg how's it going with those detrimental COB links..... Or was it just poorly disguised Trumpist style innuendo........

I don't wanna sound like I'm slamming you, but a lot of people say you wouldn't know a COB from a golf ball even if it jumped up and bit you in da glockenspiel.... Lol

You know me I'm all about the growing i wound never claim to be at expert on all things LED lol but I did read a while back that the phosphor degrades in open air through oxidization over time and also the closer you space LED chips together the higher the thermal resistance which degrades the output over its lifespan. My first GN light was the HP5W about 5 1/2 years back which used chip on board arrays so I know they work and last as a friend is still using that light.
I follow growmau5 on Insta and youtube bro and anything I read about COBs is usually something I have learnt from him or others posting in threads.

My point was that GN should at least tell people not to wait their light,coz they even don't know when its coming out, and not claim summer as date of relase and then nothing..
Only that.. Nobody is bashing GN as a firm or their products..

Back