Old Reviews Myherbsnow dryer

@ma
Thanks!

Yep, right at 60 hours now. I checked them about 45 minutes ago. The buds feel super dry and crispy, but stems attached to the buds are still bendy. The tester stems in the dryer are snapping so I must be close. I am nervous watching the buds feel this dry, but everything I read says wait for the “snap”.

I will take a picture the next time I check.

I did vape another sample and it was still tasty and got me nicely ripped. I would have been fine paying $50 for an eighth at the dispensary of similar quality, so that is cool!!
I'd say it's definitely close. Make sure to not over dry them. So keep checking those buds by vaping a bit. Show us the bugs when they are done soon!

OK. I pulled the herb at 65 hours. Temps 75-79, RH 45-50%. The small stems on popcorn were snapping, but large stems on bigger buds had a tiny bit of bend left. I was too spooked at the crispiness of the herb to let it go any further. I think I am just being paranoid though.

The buds feel super dry and light, but I can imagine they will rehydrate a bit as moisture moves from the stem. The hygrometers in the jars read 42% right now. I have some 55% Integra Boost packs if they still feel too dry after a while.

Once in the jars it was apparent there is plenty of aroma left. So mission accomplished there. :thumbsup:

All jarred up it was just over 69 grams. I lost 76% of the wet trimmed weight. It was 4 trays with 2 spacers removed, so 2 “big bud” trays.

Here is the Double Grape x 3BOG tray. It started out pretty full.
A29F3BE5-1AE2-4962-A0F1-0590644E7777.jpeg

Purple Scoops
4B6006C3-475D-4014-8609-BA5090CC49EC.jpeg

DGx3BOG
825A5F09-8EB2-488F-8948-02F772D684DE.jpeg

Jarred up
B00E962A-7128-45BE-BEFA-52E937935153.jpeg

OK. I pulled the herb at 65 hours. Temps 75-79, RH 45-50%. The small stems on popcorn were snapping, but large stems on bigger buds had a tiny bit of bend left. I was too spooked at the crispiness of the herb to let it go any further. I think I am just being paranoid though.

The buds feel super dry and light, but I can imagine they will rehydrate a bit as moisture moves from the stem. The hygrometers in the jars read 42% right now. I have some 55% Integra Boost packs if they still feel too dry after a while.

Once in the jars it was apparent there is plenty of aroma left. So mission accomplished there. :thumbsup:

All jarred up it was just over 69 grams. I lost 76% of the wet trimmed weight. It was 4 trays with 2 spacers removed, so 2 “big bud” trays.

Here is the Double Grape x 3BOG tray. It started out pretty full.
View attachment 1198529

Purple Scoops
View attachment 1198530

DGx3BOG
View attachment 1198531

Jarred up
View attachment 1198532
I think you got it right. if you find the humidity rises in the jars, burp it, or if you have to use some boveda paks. if you got the smell, you did great and itll smell amazing once it cures. That DGx3BOG looks amazing. I usually calculate my dry weight at about 20% of wet weight (I usually take the buds completely off the buds and break it all down - high, mids and lows - to one size about quarter gram except a few choice buds). Those trays look like you dried them exactly how they should have been. They will feel crispy but give them a few days to a couple weeks and itll come right out. if its too wet tonight or tomorrow, then just put them in again for a quick hour, or leave them out to dry for an hour or two.
amazing job, you'll never want to even try another method. this is so easy, just load a tray, take out the buds and in a jar, no opening bags constantly, nor rotating bags, nor waiting weeks to smoke good tasting and hitting bud

I think you got it right. if you find the humidity rises in the jars, burp it, or if you have to use some boveda paks. if you got the smell, you did great and itll smell amazing once it cures. That DGx3BOG looks amazing. I usually calculate my dry weight at about 20% of wet weight (I usually take the buds completely off the buds and break it all down - high, mids and lows - to one size about quarter gram except a few choice buds). Those trays look like you dried them exactly how they should have been. They will feel crispy but give them a few days to a couple weeks and itll come right out. if its too wet tonight or tomorrow, then just put them in again for a quick hour, or leave them out to dry for an hour or two.
amazing job, you'll never want to even try another method. this is so easy, just load a tray, take out the buds and in a jar, no opening bags constantly, nor rotating bags, nor waiting weeks to smoke good tasting and hitting bud
Thank you for the advice. I went back and reread your posts a couple times. It was super helpful.

The dryer is kind of scary to use for the first time, but so far I am pleasantly surprised with my initial experience. I think it’s going to work out well. I think it will be especially good for getting a good consistency for vaporizing herb, which is my primary form of consumption these days. I am going to press some rosin with it too.

Thank you for the advice. I went back and reread your posts a couple times. It was super helpful.

The dryer is kind of scary to use for the first time, but so far I am pleasantly surprised with my initial experience. I think it’s going to work out well. I think it will be especially good for getting a good consistency for vaporizing herb, which is my primary form of consumption these days. I am going to press some rosin with it too.
You are welcome, I am glad I could help. I know I put a lot of extra stuff in my posts, but it's hopefully so I can pack the most info I can that way when either you or I, or someone who stumbles upon this thread in the future, or even 5 minutes from now, it has some extra little bits of things that can be picked up on. I tend to forget little bits myself, so it really helps because I can look back on my old posts and then read through what was going through my mind during that particular grow and I can go "AH! That's right, she had been turning a bit light green, but I was also doing xy and z in these other posts and talking and theres this tidbit etc.

I did find the dryer kinda scary, but I began by watching it work first, and then decided to just dive on in and let it work its magic. I figured F* it, im going for broke. It's so much better than I thought it would be, and there's so much that you don't have to do now that it's been dried in the jar. I so wish I would have had one when I started growing. for vaping, you get some good terps and a nice smooth high.
Thanks again for the pics, enjoy!

Is the dryer ok to use in a room with light? Or do you need it in darkness when drying?

Can't wait until these release in the UK!!
I'm a UK grower and I have bought one of these driers.
I have to agree with you, I wish they would make a 240V version for the EU/UK market.
I bought mine from the USA and postage, tax and import charges really hiked the price.
Furthermore, the drier is 110V so to use it in the UK I had to buy a step down/up transformer.
Luckily for me I saw one in a local charity shop window and bagged it for fifty quid.
The Transformer was brand new, never used and retail for it would have been £250!!!
Now I have the transformer which can deal with 5KW loads, I am sorted if I want to buy other US canna goods!
I couldn't grow for 9 months, so I haven't got to try mine out yet.
I should get a chance in the next 4 -5 weeks, when I crop.
So if you can't wait to get one, buy one from the USA, it will cost you a bit more than our American friends pay and you will have to buy a transformer but once bought, it should last for years.

So what's been the general consensus on these so far?

Are they really just modified food dehydrators? I guess more importantly, does it actually work?
I like mine just for the fact I can smoke 3 to 4 days after chop. I still hang and brown bag dry cause 3 dryers arent enough to hold all I grow waiting on the bigger model to come out

Back