Old Reviews Myherbsnow dryer

I dont usually get much if any taste, not that its hay either. You think it would help? I do same thing and a few have been awesome taste and smell. If this would help im sold. I dry in ideal conditions in my tent in my basement. I just need to know how mu h eash will take I may have to get 1 and split some in there, some hanging like normal.
Bro 4 days is what sold me taste and smell not effected. I dried Purple Rolex, Purple Nuggets and Forgotten Cookies all had a great smell after drying and tasted awesome.

I can fit about 100 grams dried in there when its tight bud with 5 trays. You want to pack them tight as you can and the terpines come out. Like have them touching eachother then I do a one time check on them and turn them once in the dryer to rotate what angle is getting the air.
When you have the buds loosely packed they dont smell as good and you gotta get a tight trim. When you're drying you gotta be right there as the plant gets to that perfect dry. It also depends if your plant was watered the night before or not I've noticed. If you water the night before I get a different taste in the dried buds than when I dont. The biggest part is getting that timing. But I still find it easier than bag or hang drying and better taste.
Would you say you prefer the taste with water the night before, or without? Just curious, mine arrives within a month and I’m eager to put it to use.

Would you say you prefer the taste with water the night before, or without? Just curious, mine arrives within a month and I’m eager to put it to use.
Personally I will water till the end. I'll water the morning of harvest and let it dry a bit and take down the branches one at a time and harvest. The taste to me is better, it slows down the dry a bit so the terpenes can lock in for me taste wise. And if I can't get the plant knocked down before I have to stop, I can know it's watered already and can go at it later. I will even feed till the day before harvest because ive found no difference between flush and no flush just fwiw

Personally I will water till the end. I'll water the morning of harvest and let it dry a bit and take down the branches one at a time and harvest. The taste to me is better, it slows down the dry a bit so the terpenes can lock in for me taste wise. And if I can't get the plant knocked down before I have to stop, I can know it's watered already and can go at it later. I will even feed till the day before harvest because ive found no difference between flush and no flush just fwiw
Awesome, great info and thank you so much!

I’ve had my buds in the HerbsNow for 48 hours. Temps 75-78F, RH 45-50%. I put in the shot glass with water at about hour 20.

The buds feel a bit crispy on the outside, but stems still bendy. I can tell some of the thinner tester stems I put in the dryer are close to snapping. So I am going to be watching like a hawk tomorrow. I might even set an early alarm so I don’t accidentally let them go too long.

One of the strains in the dryer, Mephisto Double Grape x 3 Bears OG, is still quite smelly. The other strain, Rocbud Purple Scoops smells muted compared to when it went in. However, I did vape a sample of the partially dry Purple Scoops and it was quite tasty and a very pleasant buzz.

What has everyone’s experience been as far as flavor and aroma after the dry? Does it change much?

Also once the buds shrink in the dryer do you folks rearrange them to keep them tight together?

I’ve had my buds in the HerbsNow for 48 hours. Temps 75-78F, RH 45-50%. I put in the shot glass with water at about hour 20.

The buds feel a bit crispy on the outside, but stems still bendy. I can tell some of the thinner tester stems I put in the dryer are close to snapping. So I am going to be watching like a hawk tomorrow. I might even set an early alarm so I don’t accidentally let them go too long.

One of the strains in the dryer, Mephisto Double Grape x 3 Bears OG, is still quite smelly. The other strain, Rocbud Purple Scoops smells muted compared to when it went in. However, I did vape a sample of the partially dry Purple Scoops and it was quite tasty and a very pleasant buzz.

What has everyone’s experience been as far as flavor and aroma after the dry? Does it change much?

Also once the buds shrink in the dryer do you folks rearrange them to keep them tight together?
So I would say you're about 60 hours in now. time to watch like a hawk and take a little sample and see how it is. they will feel crispy, if the stem snaps, take em out.
Some strains smell stronger than others in general so you will always have some strains overpowering others. After the dry flavor and aroma change a lot, when you read about the dry and cure, theres a lot of info that every last person contradicts each other on. From the science of it and the methods i have used I found that the initial dry tastes about the same for about the first month, it starts curing (smell and flavor profile changes like wine ages) and tasting different and sometimes changes its effects ever so slightly, in month 2 it really starts changing, by month 3 you have a final idea on what the exact taste and smell will be.
Usually if its a floral smell, it will remain floral and amazing smell (I love floral strains and try to grow them as much as possible, i dont like smelly stinky strains as they arent my cup o weed). But with strong strains, they can either mellow out or become even stronger smelling and their complex flavors come out and they smell even better. Like take zkittlez for instance. It smells very sweet and just almost floral and good. But after a 2 month cure, it tastes so much like rainbow skittles its not funny. A lot of weed is named after its sake from its cure after 3 months. so if you want that taste they describe you gotta get the cure down well too. But thats something you can always ask questions on.

I leave my buds alone and do not rearrange because i have them where i want them and moving will just mess with the bud drying properly

Do you have any pics of today's drying progress?

So I would say you're about 60 hours in now. time to watch like a hawk and take a little sample and see how it is. they will feel crispy, if the stem snaps, take em out.
Some strains smell stronger than others in general so you will always have some strains overpowering others. After the dry flavor and aroma change a lot, when you read about the dry and cure, theres a lot of info that every last person contradicts each other on. From the science of it and the methods i have used I found that the initial dry tastes about the same for about the first month, it starts curing (smell and flavor profile changes like wine ages) and tasting different and sometimes changes its effects ever so slightly, in month 2 it really starts changing, by month 3 you have a final idea on what the exact taste and smell will be.
Usually if its a floral smell, it will remain floral and amazing smell (I love floral strains and try to grow them as much as possible, i dont like smelly stinky strains as they arent my cup o weed). But with strong strains, they can either mellow out or become even stronger smelling and their complex flavors come out and they smell even better. Like take zkittlez for instance. It smells very sweet and just almost floral and good. But after a 2 month cure, it tastes so much like rainbow skittles its not funny. A lot of weed is named after its sake from its cure after 3 months. so if you want that taste they describe you gotta get the cure down well too. But thats something you can always ask questions on.

I leave my buds alone and do not rearrange because i have them where i want them and moving will just mess with the bud drying properly

RH plays a big role too. When mine was at 45% my buds got over dried. At 55 to 60% they’re drying a lot slower. Just dried a branch to taste it.
D8D6D6FC-7D8B-4E96-AA6D-DBF1E3CA3CA9.jpeg

Thanks!

Yep, right at 60 hours now. I checked them about 45 minutes ago. The buds feel super dry and crispy, but stems attached to the buds are still bendy. The tester stems in the dryer are snapping so I must be close. I am nervous watching the buds feel this dry, but everything I read says wait for the “snap”.

I will take a picture the next time I check.

I did vape another sample and it was still tasty and got me nicely ripped. I would have been fine paying $50 for an eighth at the dispensary of similar quality, so that is cool!!

Back