Old Reviews Myherbsnow dryer

Ok,im gonna jump in here, i bought one of these for 2 reasons, one- they give one hell of a veteran discount.
Two- im in a no no state and have been brown bagging it for years, usually takes around 5,6 days to get it jar ready, so i am looking for a faster way.
I did not do like they said to a point .
I packed the buds very close together .
First 24 hours the house reaked but i didnt put it in my box.
Next day i put it in,no smell outside. Anyway, i put a hydrometer in the dryer,one in the box and one outside the box,just checking total humidity.
When they hit 58% i put all the buds in a big jar to let all the sizes stabilize for around a week.
The 58% never strayed or changed so then i jared them in qt. jars and monitored them .
Never strayed from 58%.
I now have them vacumn sealed for use after a couple weeks. Thats just me and what i do .
Buds smell good, took a gram bud and squished it,nice and tasty so after a cure of a couple weeks it should sweet.
Only used it once but so far im pleased.
Especially scince its quicker than brown bag and dosent take alot of room.
Might not be as good as hanging or bagging but when quickness counts, it worked .
Just my 2 cents so pretty worthless.
By the way, it was in the dryer for 69 hours.
That's basically what I'm finding out works for me as well. At least same principle. I'm probably pulling them out before "recommended" time, and then allowing for the cure to finish them so to speak. I have not gotten down to the numbers yet, but that sounds exactly right on for where I like to be without the dryer, so makes sense that's probably where I am, or should be. Still running test run more or less. I dig this dryer so far. Just like most things, no set rule to use it really, just use common sense and you should get a decent product it seems. It does get a house smelling though huh? Hahaha.

Next time i,ll take them out around 65%.
I press rosin too so a little higher % is better.
Although its been 2 weeks she's steady at 59%.
Squished 5 1/2 gram of little popcorn buds,got 3/4gram rosin out of it, not bad for little popcorn.
Taste good too.
Now the wait for about a month, to see if they will cure.

Thank you all for posting about your experiences with this gadget. My first grow was placed in the herbs now dryer 48 hours ago.

Civil disobedience is required to aquire cannabis where I reside, so I don't have a very refined palate. But when I do get some CO stuff it's so much more enjoyable than the usual stuff available in my area. Not to mention, my first grow so I wouldn't know a proper hang dry from a hang clean.

With that said, I tested some day 65 ish larf last week in the dryer. Was too impatient so it only had a few days cure. The smell was better than most of what I buy, the smell after grinding was the best I can recall, the taste better than most I can buy, but not as good as the CO stuff I've tried. So I'm really looking forward to how my first plant run turns out. Since I have seven more on deck (ranging from 65 to 70 days) , I know I will enjoy digging into my first ever harvest with minimal cure because of this dryer.

This thread was a big help in my decision to purchase. So thanks again to all who posted on the gadget!

Checking in after a few weeks of cure, so far so great. Buds are looking good, get smells of roasted coffee from some and gas/burnt rubber from others. Only pulled two strains so far but the product worked, and with moisture packs and a cure I’m staying steady at 60-63% Rh with great smelling and tasting buds. Would definitely use this for the next grow

My next harvest I plan to give dry trimming a go. I only do one plant at a time so my dry time has been 2.5 to 3 days with a wet trim, even when I have the room RH at 60%.

Anyone try both trim methods and notice any difference? I thinking dry trimming would slow the dry even in the herbsnow?

My next harvest I plan to give dry trimming a go. I only do one plant at a time so my dry time has been 2.5 to 3 days with a wet trim, even when I have the room RH at 60%.

Anyone try both trim methods and notice any difference? I thinking dry trimming would slow the dry even in the herbsnow?
I dry trimmed the last time I used the HerbsNow. I also used the shot glass and a humidifier that time too. That got me much closer to the advertised 96 hour dry. I’ll probably use that same method for my next dry in a couple weeks.

I just finished my first harvest using the HerbNow dryer. Stopped with 31 hours left and my weed is in the high 40s moisture-wise. Using some Boveda packs and damp paper towels to bring it back up. I'm curious as to what good the shot glass is-very little of the water in it evaporated so I'm thinking it has little to no effect.

Use a good forced-air dehydrator, vacuum sealer with an accessory tube, vacuum sealer lids, and canning jars. Dehydrate the herbs (herbs dehydrator machine), place in the canning jars, vacuum and store in a cool dark place. You can also freeze “ice cubes” of your herbs. Just harvest, rinse, mince, pack into the trays, cover with water, then freeze. This is easier when using in a sauce!

Back