Old Reviews Myherbsnow dryer

Just tried a bud from my CDLC from Mephisto that’s been drying since 6/29. Wow, that thing ripped well. Burnt to clean white smoke, and while it seemed super brittle when I grabbed it out of the dryer it felt nice and dank when I felt the ground up bud after I ran it through a grinder.

I don’t know what’s going on scientifically or how much better it could’ve been hang drying or how much better it’ll get after a cure, but so far I’m happy with how I’ve done. Crazy to try a bud that I grew, and this machine (so far) has made a set it and forget it solution to part of my regimen. Will report back with more results as I continue drying more of my harvest in the next week

I finished two plants in the dryer last night the full 96 hours with 4 full trays. The shot glass was still full of water. The weed... was dry as hell. ambient humidity and temps were 70s and about 40%. I just opened the jars to smell and burp, they smell a little like hay and the in jar humidity is 42%. I guess the cure will tell the rest of the story. This is my last post on this subject. I am leaving a neutral review.

I finished two plants in the dryer last night the full 96 hours with 4 full trays. The shot glass was still full of water. The weed... was dry as hell. ambient humidity and temps were 70s and about 40%. I just opened the jars to smell and burp, they smell a little like hay and the in jar humidity is 42%. I guess the cure will tell the rest of the story. This is my last post on this subject. I am leaving a neutral review.
I agree same with my first batch, 96hrs full dry then into jars at about 40ish humidity after a week sitting at 55% feels nice. But smell isn't there. Hopefully after 2nd week of cure it gets better. So far I'm neutral one how I feel about the dryer.

You guys need to hit up Scott at myherbsnow and talk to him. Go over everything, he will sort you out. Wishing you both the best and hope everything works out well.

So I'm back, I received my dryer, and ran a test run. It mostly works. As good as a hang dry and cure as i normally do, no. But, I think I'm figuring this thing out as far as pulling the buds just before they get completely dry. Let the cure finish them. From what I know about curing, that should eliminate the hay smell. Though I'll be honest, it wasn't that bad. But I noticed it stronger as it dried out completely. I think this is a good product, just need to work with it more. I'll report one more time to let you all know what I figured out with a real run in it this weekend ish.

Im doing my 2nd run in the dryer, I have two Gorilla Glues i STUFFED in there. I mean i coldnt fit one more leaf if i had too its so full. Im gonna let it run the full 96hrs and then just cure them for 3 weeks. Hopefully see some better results than my first run.

What temperatures are people getting readings of in their dryer? Mine is steady between 81-83

Ok,im gonna jump in here, i bought one of these for 2 reasons, one- they give one hell of a veteran discount.
Two- im in a no no state and have been brown bagging it for years, usually takes around 5,6 days to get it jar ready, so i am looking for a faster way.
I did not do like they said to a point .
I packed the buds very close together .
First 24 hours the house reaked but i didnt put it in my box.
Next day i put it in,no smell outside. Anyway, i put a hydrometer in the dryer,one in the box and one outside the box,just checking total humidity.
When they hit 58% i put all the buds in a big jar to let all the sizes stabilize for around a week.
The 58% never strayed or changed so then i jared them in qt. jars and monitored them .
Never strayed from 58%.
I now have them vacumn sealed for use after a couple weeks. Thats just me and what i do .
Buds smell good, took a gram bud and squished it,nice and tasty so after a cure of a couple weeks it should sweet.
Only used it once but so far im pleased.
Especially scince its quicker than brown bag and dosent take alot of room.
Might not be as good as hanging or bagging but when quickness counts, it worked .
Just my 2 cents so pretty worthless.
By the way, it was in the dryer for 69 hours.

Last edited:
Ok,im gonna jump in here, i bought one of these for 2 reasons, one- they give one hell of a veteran discount.
Two- im in a no no state and have been brown bagging it for years, usually takes around 5,6 days to get it jar ready, so i am looking for a faster way.
I did not do like they said to a point .
I packed the buds very close together .
First 24 hours the house reaked but i didnt put it in my box.
Next day i put it in,no smell outside. Anyway, i put a hydrometer in the dryer,one in the box and one outside the box,just checking total humidity.
When they hit 58% i put all the buds in a big jar to let all the sizes stabilize for around a week.
The 58% never strayed or changed so then i jared them in qt. jars and monitored them .
Never strayed from 58%.
I now have them vacumn sealed for use after a couple weeks. Thats just me and what i do .
Buds smell good, took a gram bud and squished it,nice and tasty so after a cure of a couple weeks it should sweet.
Only used it once but so far im pleased.
Especially scince its quicker than brown bag and dosent take alot of room.
Might not be as good as hanging or bagging but when quickness counts, it worked .
Just my 2 cents so pretty worthless.
By the way, it was in the dryer for 69 hours.

Glad that it’s working out for you. I plan on getting a 2x4 tent, controll the environment, use a 6” ac Infinity Fan with a long carbon filter to help eliminate as much of the smell as possible since I will likely be running 2-3 dryers.

Just sharing some obvious ideas that I have for reducing smells. Would be happy to hear other’s ideas and strategies as well.

Btw OC, what was the veteran discount? I’ve been holding off ordering while trying to get this information. Also, Thank you for your informative post and I look forward to doing the same soon. Cheers.

@Slim Piggens ,To my door NE was 113.98.
I just ordered the standard unit and shot glass.
Should have got the other 3 trays too but didnt.
Best vet discount i ever got.
You have to show proof you are a vet then you get the discount.
It only applies to units,not accessories.
Texting and bugging Cara was a very nice experience.
Hope that helps.
Definitely smells up everything the first 24 but about like the first day of bagging it.
Next time straight in the box,hoping that helps.

Back