Lighting My DIY COB lights

What's up @Evil-Mobo welcome to AFN my friend and thanks for all the input in the diy thread... this is the wave of the future and guys like you helping spur it along and educate the new guys is much appreciated...

View attachment 656129

Here's a little:slap: for your time

Thanks brother. New light in the works with Non-COB LED too we will see in a few weeks how that goes. I just want guys/gals to see if you do a little plan there's a lot of possibilities. And despite the reduction in prices on brands etc for COB's DIY still saves you $$

What cobs will you be using and how many for the next build. What coverage as well. Would be great to see the possibilities for me when I am ready to take the leap of faith.

"carpe diem"

What do they call people like you mobo, Cree cob snob? I died when I read this.

cant see and you probably already have but make sure the fixture is grounded, looks like a really good job!

What cobs will you be using and how many for the next build. What coverage as well. Would be great to see the possibilities for me when I am ready to take the leap of faith.

"carpe diem"

For my next COB build I do not know if I will be building a similar light to my current two bar 600W light using the new generation Vero 29 or if I am going to pony up and buy an Amare SE-450 or two Pro 4's, it will depend on whether some stuff I am trying to sell does so or not.

What do they call people like you mobo, Cree cob snob? I died when I read this.

Yeah I guess buying quality parts makes you a snob lol.....the new vero's were not out yet when I build my lights or I would have gone that way and saved 50% on COB cost.......

I have a SE-250 and 2 platinum 300.... also a DIY 2 cob fixture.. I wish I could sell the 250 and platinums for a 450... that would max my 3x3 perfectly...

Sell the (2) Platinums and get a second SE-250 and you're good in a 3x3 as well :) :smoking:

Back