Lighting My DIY COB lights

You guys are going totally fan less right? You are just using those bad ass heat sinks? I cannot try anything until after The holidays. This thread is very inspiring and BiGSmO you put in such a fashion that it makes me feel like Hell yea I can do this great motivation my man.

Correct they get cooled by the circulating air in the environment, so much less noise too.

:coffee2: beats me!:hookah:

Well they look so much better because in the other photo they are wilting and now they are praying to the white light god.oh and it looks like you changed the back left girl ?

Well there is one less plant in the most recent pic, @2Stoned2Care is onto it. I removed the back left plant yesterday, kind of hard to tell there was one less plant lol..........

FYI @2Stoned2Care the are "wilting" as you say in that other pic because I had just foliar sprayed the plants no issue with them in the first of two pics.

Last edited:
What an excellent looking setup! I have decided I am going to try DIY COBs once my med license is cleared to grow. Thanks for joining and putting up this fantastic info! Great stuff BigSm0 for getting evil to join. A shot of rep incoming for both of you!

What an excellent looking setup! I have decided I am going to try DIY COBs once my med license is cleared to grow. Thanks for joining and putting up this fantastic info! Great stuff BigSm0 for getting evil to join. A shot of rep incoming for both of you!

When you're ready you let us know and we will get you squared away brother! :eyebrows:

Well there is one less plant in the most recent pic, @2Stoned2Care is onto it. I removed the back left plant yesterday, kind of hard to tell there was one less plant lol..........

FYI @2Stoned2Care the are "wilting" as you say in that other pic because I had just foliar sprayed the plants no issue with them in the first of two pics.

lol bro sorry did not mean it that way of wilted hahahah :pighug:

Correct @Fairlynew passive cooling doesn't use fans to cool, active uses fans and the standard in production lights. I personally don't like the fans with the cool porcupine looking heatsinks.
IMG_4035.JPG

Back