My Autoflower Topping & LST Journey - Daily Updates

That purple...
Purple.jpeg

A couple days later and the Smoothie has grown into quite the bush. Pushing the limits of this little tent and my light! You will see I have had to raise the Fastberry quite a bit to get even with the Smoothie as she has grown like crazy during stretch.

I could definitely see myself growing my other Smoothie alone and LSTing the hell out of her to see how big I could get her. Now that I have an idea of how she grows and responds to the LST I am confident she would do well.

The Fastberry just keeps working on those buds and is making some beautiful purple flowers with some frost just starting. Definitely a beautiful plant and she is turning out to be true to her name.

Honestly I think next time I will try topping at the 3rd node and see if I can keep things slightly less bushy because I feel like I could spread them so much more still and this smoothie is getting out of hand. Fewer larger colas with more light might work better. I feel a strong urge to defoliate further and remove some of these small shoots down below but I am not sure it's a good idea.

I am also seeing the Fastberry and even the Smoothie becoming quite dark in colour so I am going to dilute my nutes a bit the next couple feeds and see how they respond might be overfeeding. That said I have to keep up the CaliMagic with these girls and these lights as well. I have stuck to 4ml/Gal these last few feeds and she looks much better than when I had tried 3ml.

IMG_20191103_194808-01.jpeg
IMG_20191103_194849-01.jpeg
IMG_20191103_205640.jpg
IMG_20191103_193628_1-01.jpeg
IMG_20191103_205604.jpg
IMG_20191103_193728-01.jpeg

Nice. Just did my first bend on Fastberry #2. Not sure if I will top. Fastberry #3 is like 4 days behind #2 so I will have a couple of days of experience with the first plant.

Keeping on and things are getting interesting...

The Fastberry is now just fattening up those buds and I am thinking we are 2-3 weeks away. I am having trouble deciding on timeline and when to start flushing. I have to finish this week on the late bloom #1 then #2 next week followed by flushing. Hoping that will give me at least 10 days to flush but a few days longer would be fine.

The Smoothie on the other hand is a much slower girl but she has stopped growing and gained next to no vertical height these last 24hrs. Of course that means she is getting to work on those buds and we are starting to get an idea of what this beast of a plant might look like.

I continue to struggle with Calmag issues but I am on the right path I think. The schedule I am following calls for 2.5ml but I upped it to 4ml and now 5ml to stop the progression. Seems to be ok but we shall see. I think moving the Smoothie to a mid bloom formula soon will help as well. Was showing a calcium deficiency with rust spots on the Fastberry but what looked like a magnesium deficiency on the Smoothie which seemed a little strange.

IMG_20191106_195409.jpg
IMG_20191106_195357.jpg
IMG_20191106_195342.jpg

Bad news...

That Smoothie looks to be a he/she... :(

From the first few weeks in I had my doubts on the lanky growth she kept up. I am not sure if it was the stress and I put her through alot but I am thinking genetics could be a part of this problem. Had a power outage here last weekend and that might have been the last straw.

Anyhow I am not taking any chances and will probably ditch her as I can't take the chance it happens again.

IMG_20191107_203315.jpg
IMG_20191107_203405.jpg

Back