Grow Mediums Muddy's RDWC Extravaganza

I've been busier than the proverbial one legged man in an ass kicking contest lately. I finally got some pictures taken a couple days ago of the Deep Cheese. The power outage set them back a bit, maybe 5-6 days. Seemed to take them 2-3 days to get back going again once the lights came back on and the system was changed. They are looking great now. In hind sight I should have vegged them another week or two. I freaked out a bit when I heard they could triple in size but they didn't even double. They added about 75% and that extra week or two of veg would have filled out the screen really nice. Even still it looks like it will be a good harvest. Buds are getting fat and I just started the late flower booster today. Also starting to get that cheesy/skunky smell. Yum, been years since I had any cheese, or skunk for that matter.

DSCN0196.JPG DSCN0197.JPG DSCN0199.JPG DSCN0202.JPG .

Here's how they are looking as of a couple days ago. The buds are getting very fat and sticky with that distinct skunky/cheesy smell. Orange hair started near the bottom of the buds a few days ago and are working their way up. Feeding peaked the beginning of the week at 290 ppm. Since then I've had to drop it down to about 250. I had read that Deep Cheese was a light feeder and they were right. It's running a good 75 ppm below most everything else I've grown. I would guess they have about 3 more weeks to go. I'm changing the system out tomorrow. I've found that once the plants hit their peak it's better to start a new system rather than try to bring it down. When I've tried removing, say 10 gallons and adding straight RO back in the pH always seems to go out of whack. So better just to change the system. I did install a new 55 gallon pre mix barrel today. This will allow me to mix my system nutrients the day before, which I did this morning for tomorrow. I'm working toward never having to add concentrated nutrients directly to the system.

DSCN0232.JPG DSCN0233.JPG DSCN0238.JPG DSCN0240.JPG

That a serious amount of flower dude must be quite the heady experience in amongst them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I love when they get this close to the end and the buds really start to fill out. Another 2 weeks and they should be ready.

@Muddy,Nice looking crop my friend Nice set up with the side lighting,T5 What are you using for your main lighting?

Glad to see you stopped by. The main lights are two Kind XL1000s. I love them, best lights I've ever used. The side lights really help and are well worth the cost of running them. I figure they add at least 2-3 oz. to every grow. Before I added them those outlying buds never got so big and dense. These are really starting to smell. I noticed it this morning about 10 feet from the shed. Love that old school chessy/skunky smell.

:drool: :clapper: :woohoo1: Oh man, I wanna camp out in there! The aroma must be heavenly,... How are ya Muddy? :pass:...... This is Dinafem's strain, right? A terpene factory according to Dinafem- :eyebrows: ..I'm with you, it's been ages since I had some good Cheese,.. it's fallen off the radar like so many others, with this silly pop-culture strain rush that's been the rage these days! :doh: ..... I did have some great Skunk [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] this year though,... yummy aromatics and buzz! These girls are fattening up nicely, very knobby budlets on this strain too it seems,... Oh, how's that Blue Dream now after some quality time in the jars? :biggrin:

:drool: :clapper: :woohoo1: Oh man, I wanna camp out in there! The aroma must be heavenly,... How are ya Muddy? :pass:...... This is Dinafem's strain, right? A terpene factory according to Dinafem- :eyebrows: ..I'm with you, it's been ages since I had some good Cheese,.. it's fallen off the radar like so many others, with this silly pop-culture strain rush that's been the rage these days! :doh: ..... I did have some great Skunk [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] this year though,... yummy aromatics and buzz! These girls are fattening up nicely, very knobby budlets on this strain too it seems,... Oh, how's that Blue Dream now after some quality time in the jars? :biggrin:

I'm doing okay. I've still got electronics failing from that big storm and the power surge we had. My computer blew either the mother board or the hard drive, the wife's laptop is having power issues, two routers, a switch, a TV, Roku box all shot. Even fried several ethernet cables. I'm on a borrowed laptop right now until I get things straightened out again. It's a real PITA and costing me to get my home network back the way I like.

Yes, that's the Dinafem strain. It was a freebie from Herbies I've had for awhile. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it and I didn't start a mother. Now I'm wishing I did. The buds are massive and loaded with trichs. I'll probably start flushing it on Wed. or Thurs. and harvest it next week. I pinched an early sample a couple days ago and it knocked me on my butt. Can't wait to get it harvested and cured. The Blue Dream is excellent but I think this DC will be even better. I'll be running BD again next and this time I'm going to leave it another week or so. It's a bit heady and another week or 10 days should round it out more.

Hello Muddy my old friend, I have missed ya. Not seen you around much. Good to see you posting pal. I hope you are in good health and growing fat girls. Heck ! I know you are !

Just stay away from my cables please, you are one jinxed blues brother..................:crying::pighug:

eP.

Back