Grow Mediums Muddy's RDWC Extravaganza

Today I put the Deep Cheese into flower. When I was taking them out of the veg system what did I find floating in the water but a dead mouse. I have no idea how it got in there since it's basically a closed system. The net pots sit flat on the lids and the pots are full of hydrocorn. He might have gotten into my little epicenter but then would have had to move through the piping into one tank, then into the next. Needless to say, having a dead, rotting mouse in the system isn't the best thing. The roots on the plant closest to it show a little discolor but everything else looks good. It didn't look like it was in there long. Since I run sterile I'm not too concerned.

I set the lights 36" over the plants and cut the red spectrum back to 60%. I've been running it at 70% and was still getting more stretch than I'd like. I'll see how they do at this setting. I'll check the pH and ppm tomorrow morning and adjust as needed. I'm shooting for about 300 ppm. They can probably take a little more but I'd rather add than adjust down. I'll get some new pics in a few days after they settle in and I trim them up a bit.

sport-swimming_pool-swimmer-swim-health_and_safety-safety_record-cgan3080_low.jpg

Here are some pictures taken on day 8 of flower. They are growing a good 1 1/2 to 2" a day. Running at about 200 ppm right now and getting a nice steady drop of 10-15 points per day while the pH is slowly rising 3-4 points a day, which is perfect. They aren't stretching as much as I expected and that has me wishing I had waited a few more days for flipping them. I did boost the red spectrum back up to 70% today from 60%, which should help. I also started cleaning up the bottom of the plants. By the time I'm finished there won't be anything but bare stems below the screen.

DC-1.JPG DC-2.JPG DC-3.JPG

Last edited:
:eek1:
51602c21.gif
ohh, that's nasty! ..sounds like you got it before it got too bad in there,...:rofl: Makes you wonder, the little ninja's get in by magic I swear!

:greenthumb: Dc's look ready to get busy! yeah, I can see why you boosted the red spec' some,... Hazards of learning how a new strains responds I guess!

:eek1:
51602c21.gif
ohh, that's nasty! ..sounds like you got it before it got too bad in there,...:rofl: Makes you wonder, the little ninja's get in by magic I swear!

:greenthumb: Dc's look ready to get busy! yeah, I can see why you boosted the red spec' some,... Hazards of learning how a new strains responds I guess!

We had 100 + mph hour wind sheer come through here a week ago Saturday and knocked out my power for 3 days and internet for 11. Between my house and the main road, about 3/4 mile, there were 9 trees down, 3 across the power lines. I just got back on line this afternoon. The plants took a beating not having any circulation for 3 days. They were showing a mag deficiency but a system change and fresh nutes seems to have put a stop to it. I lost a set of clones as well. I gave them fresh solution but after a few days there wasn't any new growth, so trashed them and started new ones.

We had 100 + mph hour wind sheer come through here a week ago Saturday and knocked out my power for 3 days and internet for 11. Between my house and the main road, about 3/4 mile, there were 9 trees down, 3 across the power lines. I just got back on line this afternoon. The plants took a beating not having any circulation for 3 days. They were showing a mag deficiency but a system change and fresh nutes seems to have put a stop to it. I lost a set of clones as well. I gave them fresh solution but after a few days there wasn't any new growth, so trashed them and started new ones.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! Everyone alright there? Hope so.

Past time for an update. This grow is getting near the end. The buds are fox tailing a bit as they put in their final growth spurt. They are by far the frostiest buds I've had in this system and I have to credit the Cultured Systems nutes for that. I did a grow of Blue Dream with House & Garden and the difference is very apparent. The buds are bigger, and tric coverage is probably 30 - 40% more. I pinched a green sample on Monday and was very pleased. With a good cure this is going to be super. The plants should be ready to harvest by next Wed. or so but I'm going to be away. So I'm going to change the system on Saturday and let them flush while I'm gone.

Pics are from about 4 days ago.

View attachment 713034

View attachment 713035

View attachment 713036

View attachment 713037

View attachment 713038

View attachment 713039

These look awesome Muddy!

Back