New Grower Micro grow Boxing.

Monday update, I requested for help on the UK growers section yesterday about a few pesky fungus gnats, I located an issue of overwatering and gave another good inspection today. I came across a very small section of dry Bud rot on top of a Cola. This discovery has prompted swift action.
So the time has come :welcome::headbang:
First up we have the Fastbuds Rhino Ryder, looking wonderfully frosty, generous with her density, she is an oily girl and pungent on the nose. I’m very excited .:woohoo:

5D7890FE-4E86-4F53-88DC-89B104941168.jpeg

145D17B3-E3CB-470B-8BD5-C0DABFE96CF2.jpeg

Congratulations on your harvest. Looks like you've done a good job!

How do you plan to dry?

Qb

Congratulations on your harvest. Looks like you've done a good job!

How do you plan to dry?

Qb

Thank you for the generous comment Qb, I intend to strip out the last plant tomorrow, will add a photo of the FastBuds blueberry below. I had time to trim it up tonight.

I’ve been reading up on brown bag drying on the forum, this method seems a popular choice. While bagged two of the plants today I taped buds to the top of the bags by the stems. In doing this they hang once I bagged and folded over the tops. I read up that hanging is not necessary within the brown bag community but it made me feel a little more confident hanging them.
Thanks again for dropping by.

Below is the FastBuds Blueberry chopped today.
BA1B83EA-A67B-486E-92CB-C7127FD86B21.jpeg
B8081844-F297-416A-990A-75FFE230FB4F.jpeg
28C35DF0-6B44-4C24-8BD8-0E45CBCF45AA.jpeg

Thank you for the generous comment Qb, I intend to strip out the last plant tomorrow, will add a photo of the FastBuds blueberry below. I had time to trim it up tonight.

I’ve been reading up on brown bag drying on the forum, this method seems a popular choice. While bagged two of the plants today I taped buds to the top of the bags by the stems. In doing this they hang once I bagged and folded over the tops. I read up that hanging is not necessary within the brown bag community but it made me feel a little more confident hanging them.
Thanks again for dropping by.

Below is the FastBuds Blueberry chopped today.
View attachment 1450518View attachment 1450519View attachment 1450520

I'm a brown bag dryer myself. I'd recommend having some indirect airflow around the bags. Tried with and without and in my opinion it's better with a fan. You're looking for around 50% humidity and a temp of around 20c.

Have you kept the stems on? It'll take a bit longer to dry that way. What's your humidity like in the drying area?

I know it's tempting as hell to have a peak in the bags but you'll be doing yourself a favour if you don't open them for at least 3 days. I'm usually around 5 days to dry but they sometimes get thrown back in the bag for another day or so until it's 62% .

Oh yeah man. GROVE BAGS! They're the future. Get yourself some of these bags and fire in the buds at 62% and leave them alone. No need to burp and they take up less space than glass jars.

Shit. I've written a lot there. Enjoy my short story. :smoking:

Qb

I'm a brown bag dryer myself. I'd recommend having some indirect airflow around the bags. Tried with and without and in my opinion it's better with a fan. You're looking for around 50% humidity and a temp of around 20c.

Have you kept the stems on? It'll take a bit longer to dry that way. What's your humidity like in the drying area?

I know it's tempting as hell to have a peak in the bags but you'll be doing yourself a favour if you don't open them for at least 3 days. I'm usually around 5 days to dry but they sometimes get thrown back in the bag for another day or so until it's 62% .

Oh yeah man. GROVE BAGS! They're the future. Get yourself some of these bags and fire in the buds at 62% and leave them alone. No need to burp and they take up less space than glass jars.

Shit. I've written a lot there. Enjoy my short story. :smoking:

Qb

Hi Qb, don’t apologise I’m very grateful for the help and information you can provide. sorry to admit I’m not good at keeping an eye on my box humidity, I have some small digital readers so will throw them in the box right now.

The stems have been left long and the trim placed in the bottom of bags to slow down the dry.
the indirect fan is switched on as you advise and it’s all dark inside the box, the extraction has been set to minimal and I expected daytime temperature to be around 18c-22c in the box.
Nighttime well that’s in the hands of my spiritual leader. Possibly down as low as 11c as I don’t want to add a dry heat sorcerer..
:fire:
At an estimated guess I will also say 7days possible more due to the low nighttime temps.
Longer is best?
Thanks again for your advice.

Tuesday update.
Final plant trimming this am, thank goodness.

91ABCDDC-F16F-498F-AC69-50C0D699BE9F.jpeg
209207AF-31B9-417C-A649-89F4E953A4E6.jpeg

Slow is good. I'm not sure if the low night temps would be much of problem. It's definitely better than higher temps. Humidity is really important though. Too high and mold develops, too low and you end up losing the taste and smell due to drying too quick.

If you get the drying right and then use the grove bags to cure you will be blown away by how your bud taste and smell. Honestly man they're like magic. :woohoo:

Qb

Slow is good. I'm not sure if the low night temps would be much of problem. It's definitely better than higher temps. Humidity is really important though. Too high and mold develops, too low and you end up losing the taste and smell due to drying too quick.

If you get the drying right and then use the grove bags to cure you will be blown away by how your bud taste and smell. Honestly man they're like magic. :woohoo:

Qb

Qb I need this spirit magic in my cure. I’m off the throw a couple of humidity readers in the box and report back later.

Paul, how I missed you Spirit rings. :kiss:

@Qbgrower I’m, reporting back, I’m at 15c with a small amount of extraction and 60% humidity. I attached a small digital reader to the bag so that’s 60%inside the bag. The grow box is 58% at the moment.

What do you think please? Or anyone think about these readings? I could add a small amount of light to bring up temps or leave alone for a colder longer cure?
I’m a novice brown bagger In need of guidance.

The growing is the easy part me thinking.

Back