New Grower Mephesto Group Grow: Scene 1

Update time: So it's around day 57 for GW1 & SC1 and day 50 for GW2, SC2, FE1 & GT1. Will be interesting to see what the harvest differences there are between GW1 and GW2 in regards to their manipulation.
  • Struggling with humidity and temp stability - I've got the humidity down below 50% but the temp can rise to 28-29C overnight with central heat and very cold weather. Used to struggle keeping them warm enough, now it's cold enough.
  • Must water every two days, FE1 can barely wait that long before it's dry (water to slight runoff).
  • So I'm also feeding every 2 days - around 1.35 TDS / 1000 PPM pH 6.5.
  • Feed per gal: 3.5ml CalMag, FF Trio around 1/4 strength (10ml Big Bloom, 2ml Grow Big, 2ml Tiger Bloom) + GLN (1g Bud Explosion & 1g Sweet Candy).
Grapey Walter (GW1) - LST (Spiral)
View attachment 1008507 View attachment 1008508
Sour Crack (SC1) - probably entering her homestretch.
View attachment 1008509 View attachment 1008510 View attachment 1008511
Grapey Walter (GW2) - topped/LST
View attachment 1008514 View attachment 1008515
Sour Crack 2 (SC2)
View attachment 1008516 View attachment 1008517
Ghost Toof 1 (GT1)
View attachment 1008520
View attachment 1008521
Forgot to take images of Fantasmo Express, she's in the back left corner - still looking like she's starving for nitrogen and she probably is (as it consumed a lower leaf). Not sure how much additional to add for her, if any and to what effect.
View attachment 1008522

Things are moving along - thanks for looking!

Looking awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great man! Ya I struggle with humidity control as well. Lights out it shoots up too high. I’ve been shutting off my humidifier about 2 hours before lights off then when it jumps up it stays around 50-55

All your ladies look super fine — all dialed in. Keep doing what you’re doing!

Thanks for your comments everyone. Had to take Ghost Toof out of the tent during watering, she's starting to get a lovely frost on her and smells like sweet hard candy and fruit.

GT1
IMG_3581.jpg
IMG_3586.jpg
IMG_3591.jpg

Okay, so I need a trichome check - this is Sour Crack (SC1) at about 59 days (est. run is 55-65). I posted a full-plant photo of her a few days ago here if anyone needs that. I had just fed her a last meal figuring it'd be done by the weekend, decided to take some macros of the flowers and things are possibly closer than I thought...or is it...

1U7A3650.jpg
1U7A3652.jpg
1U7A3652-2.jpg

...if it's time to harvest, I've done no flush and again just fed (no idea if flushing is even a real thing).

Okay, so I need a trichome check - this is Sour Crack (SC1) at about 59 days (est. run is 55-65). I posted a full-plant photo of her a few days ago here if anyone needs that. I had just fed her a last meal figuring it'd be done by the weekend, decided to take some macros of the flowers and things are possibly closer than I thought...or is it...

View attachment 1009733 View attachment 1009734 View attachment 1009735

...if it's time to harvest, I've done no flush and again just fed (no idea if flushing is even a real thing).
:drool:
Bing bing bing bing! We have a WINNER!

I'd say that is about 20% but I've only snipped a couple buds so no expert.

It's up to you really depending on what type of effect you want. I harvested a lower branch that was like that and did the toaster quick dry method and didn't like it then I let it go longer in a brown paper bag in a box inside tent and it still wasn't up to par then I broke it down and let it set a min smoked it and got ripped was fire and tasted like berries this is sour livers from mephisto, other two times tasted harsh no taste really it was about equal head and body stone at that 20 percent point pretty heavy body stone even with my Indica.

Make sure you look at the lower nugs too cause the top is going to develop quicker I chopped the top off mine and left the lowers but might harvest it all cause I liked the effect of 20 percent amber after I got it dried properly and not even cured. I would take some samples after you get it flushed and by flush I mean just ph'd water normal amount of run off not drowning them with tons of water, throw some in a brown paper bag broke down into little pop corn nugs and it will dry pretty quick can even dry overnight if still a little moist break it up and let it sit before you smoke it is not going to give you the full result but an idea.

To me it is better to sample than chop a whole plant and have it not be how you like.

Thanks for the comments and advice. So I just went ahead and flushed 5 gal of pH'd water through and I'll plan on doing the harvest in a few days (if I can make myself wait) and after looking at the lower flower development too.

To me it is better to sample than chop a whole plant and have it not be how you like.

I'm not certain I could gain too much info from a tester since I don't smoke or vape right now (edibles only) - pretty much just like/not like.

Of course I've got another Sour Crack (SC2) that will likely need just another 7-10 days. So I'll end the feeding that one on Monday and then flush for a week, see if there's a difference I can detect between it and the unflushed SC1 that I may harvest tomorrow. I have no plan for curing yet - also I'm going to use some to make edibles, not sure how important the cure is or the trim for that matter.

Now for some random photos...

Sour Crackenter and left, SC1 from the tricome discussion earlier
1U7A3681-2.jpg

Grapey Walter (GW1) tight flowers, wide and stacked - very different from the Sour Crack.
1U7A3676-2.jpg
1U7A3679-2.jpg

Feel like I'm just dragging Fantasmo Express towards the finish line...which I hope is sooner than later.
1U7A3670-2.jpg

Okay so I clearly didn't plan well for harvest as SC1 snuck up on me. I suspect all are within 10-14 days of being finished - but your opinion is needed! So I'm taking a look at the rest of the groups trichomes and getting a plan together:
  • How far in advance to stop feeding?
  • Just pH'd water?
Except for Grapey Walter 1 who D60, all plants are around D51 - 3 images of each at different sites:

Ghost Toof
1U7A3692.jpg
1U7A3693.jpg
1U7A3694.jpg

Sour Crack 2
1U7A3695.jpg
1U7A3696.jpg
1U7A3697.jpg

Grapey Walter 1
1U7A3698.jpg
1U7A3699.jpg
1U7A3700.jpg