New Grower Mephesto Group Grow: Scene 1

Looks about right. I vote you reassess in 7 days.

What do you do for edibles?

Awesome photos! What type of camera and lens?

I’m no expert but I see a mix of clear and cloudy.

Congrats it won’t be long!

Looks about right. I vote you reassess in 7 days. What do you do for edibles?

Definitely be reassessing, mainly just want to see the window so I can stop the feed. Especially with Sativa-dom Fantasmo, they don't get that many orange hairs and I don't want to end up amber.

For edibles I extract and decarb in ethanol @95C for 15 min in an electronic pressure cooker - evaporate most of it while hot - then back into pressure cooker w/ MCT oil and sunflower lecithin @110C for 15min - strain w/ metal mesh funnel - pour into a silicone bowl, add chocolate, melt in microwave stir and pour into molds. I don't care about excess chlorophyll etc, just want everything. Homemade strain-specific edibles offer more control over the effects and it's a hobby... : )

Awesome photos! What type of camera and lens? I’m no expert but I see a mix of clear and cloudy. Congrats it won’t be long!

I use a Canon 5D MKIII w/ Sigma 105mm OS Macro and a full set of extension tubes for these ~ f11 1/160th ISO 800 w/bounced flash. The depth of field is the real challenge here. Normally I use twin macro flashes and photo stacking to get better results at f8.0. As light diffraction at higher apertures degrades images - these are just average quality.

Yeah, good bit of cloudy trichs, no amber yet - but again I want enough time to end feeding and flush. Thanks.

Last edited:
The deed is done - 1st grow ever is in the books. Thank you to the folks taking the time to look at and comment to my photos and questions and also thanks to Mephesto Genetics for such great seeds to work with - still so much more to come.

So it took maybe 3 hours to trim the entire plant. Trimming is something I just didn't get until I started doing it, then it made sense. Sour Crack stank like fuel while trimming, which surprised me as she had little in-tent smell with all the air movement. I have zero idea how much it produced, they are curing in BPBs in a cardboard box right now (something else I'm ill informed on - the cure).

IMG_3720.jpg

After fan leaves have been removed...
IMG_3739-2.jpg

Thanks - all things considered 1.25 oz isn't a disappointment, though I expect much more from the other 5. Today I readjusted everyone's LST and I ran out of room. Sour Crack 2 is nearly done, so it was moved off to the side and I tossed a Growstar "150" watt blurple/cob above it. Not sure if it's actually needed or if the change in light could create any problems...anyone? As I've actually been considering one more cob in the center, but that would mean a new driver etc. For an alternative I've been considering my never-used Growstar Cree COB "300" watt UFO, but again I'm not sure it would add anything in the face of the (6) Vero29C 70v cobs or if blurples are prone to problems during flowering.

There are few issues here and there that could be a result of feed reduction too much or too early. Also Fantasmo has had pale-yellow leaves nearly the entire grow, still got 'em.

IMG_3778-2.jpg

Angled the light frame to bring them closer to the right two shorter plants.
IMG_3775-2.jpg

SC2 off in the corner...
IMG_3776.jpg

SC2 sitting under a blurple getting falloff from the Vero29's
IMG_3777.jpg

Last edited:
Back