New Grower Mephesto Group Grow: Scene 1

Thanks, it's been fun and enlightening to see their growth and how each plant responds to very similar conditions.

Thanks for confirming that they are in fact weird, do not react like the other plants. The older GW1 has two colas around the edge, just bit above the pot with decent flower development. But then it's also sending up a new stem through the middle with a pre-flower - what the hell am i supposed to do with that? Those little leafs are like a separate tiny ecosystem...

Yep I hear you. Zero manipulation on my next GW grow. Good luck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a few weeks before GW was chopped. See what I mean?

So much potential in the middle!!! She smokes good though.

Attachments

• 8D586D74-ECCB-460B-9DE4-A31B5490A362.jpeg
    8D586D74-ECCB-460B-9DE4-A31B5490A362.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 42
Photos are great Dewey!

This was a few weeks before GW was chopped. See what I mean?
So much potential in the middle!!! She smokes good though.

I do and mine look similar, just less advanced. What was the weight you pulled from it? Thanks

Photos are great Dewey!

Thank you, I enjoy taking photos of them ...so there will be more.

I do and mine look similar, just less advanced. What was the weight you pulled from it? Thanks

Thank you, I enjoy taking photos of them ...so there will be more.

Right at an oz...so many issues on my first grow though. All addressed this run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated photos day estimates are as follows: GW1 & SC1 Day 50 and FE1, GT1, GW2 & SC2 Day 41. Since everyone is now flowering, I've added a larger oscillating fan just above the cob heat sinks, blowing downward (to side wall) to drop the humidity to ~50% with temps averaging 25C (21-28C). I've seen a few yellowed leaves at the bottom under the canopy, a smidge of nute burn on some plants and the occasional leaf with CalMag deficiency (sour crack).

Measured the soil-slurry pH w/ soil probe at 6.2, I've never gotten an out of range reading in soil or runoff. So I'm just keeping things going as-is more or less. Feed is FF Trio per gal:
  • 4ml CalMag (1 - 0 - 0)
  • 15ml Big Bloom (0 - 0.5 - 0.7)
  • 1ml Grow Big (6 - 4 - 4)
  • 5ml Tiger Bloom ( 2 - 8 - 4)
  • Recharge 1 per week.
...3 gals every 2 days over 6 pots doesn't produce much if any run off. Going to 4 gals today - not sure it's necessary to push the nutes any higher.

Group Photo:
Group_1_24_2018.jpg

Since discussing Grapey Walter (GW1) with @Recycled (second one below), here are a few images demonstrating it's shape with coil-LST:
GW1_01_24_2018_1.jpg

GW1_01_24_2018_2.jpg
GW1_01_24_2018_3.jpg

Fantasmo Express (FE1) is about 60cm tall now - topped and LST on the branches, very open and tall-ish.

FE_01_24_2018.jpg

Ghost Toof (GT1) started flowering when very squat, smallest plant - but has stretched to the second tallest. Only minor LST bent to the side initially and on some side branches once it stretched.
GT_01_24_2018.jpg

Sour Crack (SC1) - furthest along in flower, buds are starting to swell and fill in a bit. Only light-ish LST and leaf tucking once in flower to open up bud sites.
SC1_01_24_2018_1.jpg
SC1_01_24_2018_2.jpg

Grapey Walter (GW2) - topped with branch LST and is just now stretching a bit, shape is looking better overall.
GW2_01_24_2018.jpg

Sour Crack (SC2) - just a little branch LST to open up, overall natural shape (nodes were too tight).
SC2_01_24_2018.jpg

Last edited:
Update time: So it's around day 57 for GW1 & SC1 and day 50 for GW2, SC2, FE1 & GT1. Will be interesting to see what the harvest differences there are between GW1 and GW2 in regards to their manipulation.
  • Struggling with humidity and temp stability - I've got the humidity down below 50% but the temp can rise to 28-29C overnight with central heat and very cold weather. Used to struggle keeping them warm enough, now it's cold enough.
  • Must water every two days, FE1 can barely wait that long before it's dry (water to slight runoff).
  • So I'm also feeding every 2 days - around 1.35 TDS / 1000 PPM pH 6.5.
  • Feed per gal: 3.5ml CalMag, FF Trio around 1/4 strength (10ml Big Bloom, 2ml Grow Big, 2ml Tiger Bloom) + GLN (1g Bud Explosion & 1g Sweet Candy).
Grapey Walter (GW1) - LST (Spiral)
IMG_3550.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg

Sour Crack (SC1) - probably entering her homestretch.
IMG_3555.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg

Grapey Walter (GW2) - topped/LST
IMG_3546.jpg
IMG_3542.jpg

Sour Crack 2 (SC2)
IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg

Ghost Toof 1 (GT1)
IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

Forgot to take images of Fantasmo Express, she's in the back left corner - still looking like she's starving for nitrogen and she probably is (as it consumed a lower leaf). Not sure how much additional to add for her, if any and to what effect.
IMG_3563.jpg

Things are moving along - thanks for looking!

Back