New Grower Mephesto Group Grow: Scene 1

Eh, it's been on the "will likely get this" list since the beginning. As I look forward, I've been wondering since AF have a short veg time, if it would be beneficial to start (mixing/wetting) soil a week ahead of planting the new ones to get the microenvironment going (still be putting them down in milder soil at the top).

So here's weird thing for me, Grapey Walter 1 was LST'd into a spiral around the edger of the pot. This exposes the center of the plant, to light. She's is in flower now, but the "open" middle is still covered with smaller leaves and little tiny bud sites. If you pull back the larger of the small leaves, you see many more tiny leaves - like 1cm in size. It resembles a chaotic vine. So here's a 3-image step down as I move the canopy away....
IMG_3262.jpg
IMG_3263.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg

...many of those smaller leaves have tiny bud sites
IMG_3260.jpg

So I thinking of running the whole Mega Crop line for my second grow - need to decide on soil or soil-less, so more education is needed.

Couple of things: I'm not totally satisfied watering out of gallon containers and I've only been using CalMag in half of the water. I water first w/ CalMag + Recharge - then w/ main nutes...haven't been adding CalMag there.

Random photos...
IMG_3320.jpg
IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3288.jpg
IMG_3270.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg

Current Grow Updates:
  • The temps outside are way down (-6C), making lights off a real problem as the temps were quickly dropping to 18C. So I added a heater to ensure the temps are no lower than 22C. This should also help with the high RH at the same time.
  • Seeing a little bit of what is very likely a CalMag deficiency, mostly on SC1, just a few leaves, keeping an eye on that (see below).
  • Wasn't using enough CalMag @ 1.5ml/gal and the cobs/autos may even need more than the suggested 1ml/L - upping to 5ml/gal + upped the pH slightly.
  • Continuing to open up the plants with LST, leaf tucking and pruning (anything on the ground level or significantly covering bud sites. Now space is an issue, hard to move the plants around to preform tasks and they overlap.
Next Grow Planning:
  • (2) Fugue State (1) Chemdogging (1) Gold Glue.
  • Again ordered the whole GLN Mega Crop line.
  • New Radicle grow bags.
  • Still undecided about soil.
(forgive the terrible color balance, cellphone images aren't great)
This was Dec 25th...
Mephesto_GGSC1_1.jpg

This is 25 days later, just over 3 weeks...crazy...

20190120_153007.jpg

Probable CalMag def...
20190120_153201.jpg

Last edited:
a lot of folk thin out the lower/in the dark parts of lil whispy things.im a lazy sod though.
looking good :thumbsup: dont be scared of 1N in cal/mag
keep er lit
:pighug:

Current Grow Updates:
  • The temps outside are way down (-6C), making lights off a real problem as the temps were quickly dropping to 18C. So I added a heater to ensure the temps are no lower than 22C. This should also help with the high RH at the same time.
  • Seeing a little bit of what is very likely a CalMag deficiency, mostly on SC1, just a few leaves, keeping an eye on that (see below).
  • Wasn't using enough CalMag @ 1.5ml/gal and the cobs/autos may even need more than the suggested 1ml/L - upping to 5ml/gal + upped the pH slightly.
  • Continuing to open up the plants with LST, leaf tucking and pruning (anything on the ground level or significantly covering bud sites. Now space is an issue, hard to move the plants around to preform tasks and they overlap.
Next Grow Planning:
  • (2) Fugue State (1) Chemdogging (1) Gold Glue.
  • Again ordered the whole GLN Mega Crop line.
  • New Radicle grow bags.
  • Still undecided about soil.
(forgive the terrible color balance, cellphone images aren't great)
This was Dec 25th...
View attachment 1003210
This is 25 days later, just over 3 weeks...crazy...

View attachment 1003211
Probable CalMag def...
View attachment 1003212
More proof these plants are magic! Nice growing, they didn’t do it without you.

Your description of the middle of your GW is exactly what I experienced. Nice colas around the edges and the middle was a mess of leaves and tiny buds.

I topped her on the 4th node and started lst shortly after. No matter what I did I could not get the middle colas to reach for the light...not much at all. One GW seed remaining for another try at another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More proof these plants are magic! Nice growing, they didn’t do it without you.

Thanks, it's been fun and enlightening to see their growth and how each plant responds to very similar conditions.

Your description of the middle of your GW is exactly what I experienced. Nice colas around the edges and the middle was a mess of leaves and tiny buds.

I topped her on the 4th node and started lst shortly after. No matter what I did I could not get the middle colas to reach for the light...not much at all. One GW seed remaining for another try at another time.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming that they are in fact weird, do not react like the other plants. The older GW1 has two colas around the edge, just bit above the pot with decent flower development. But then it's also sending up a new stem through the middle with a pre-flower - what the hell am i supposed to do with that? Those little leafs are like a separate tiny ecosystem...

Back