Lighting Mars Reflector 48 hack

Now that's a good idea

Sent from mTalk
I did this then flipped it over as the old face wasn't as even as the back side. Loaded up that massive 4mm thick with new paste and reattached it in the same holes. When attaching the cobs to the new face I drilled through the back side to center the screws in between the fins.

I did this then flipped it over as the old face wasn't as even as the back side. Loaded up that massive 4mm thick with new paste and reattached it in the same holes. When attaching the cobs to the new face I drilled through the back side to center the screws in between the fins.
Sorry to semi hijack, I'm doing something similar.... I stripped off the leds, and I was wondering what to do about the pcb on the aluminum plate. Should I sand the whole thing off, or could I just strip the mask off to the copper layer? Then I could just remove the area the cob will be in contact with.

Sorry to semi hijack, I'm doing something similar.... I stripped off the leds, and I was wondering what to do about the pcb on the aluminum plate. Should I sand the whole thing off, or could I just strip the mask off to the copper layer? Then I could just remove the area the cob will be in contact with.
That side won't be flat once sanded and should be for the cobs. It's best to sand it as clean as possible and use the old front for the heatsink and use the old flat back for the cobs.

no worrys dude, the more info on hacking a mars the better this thread is.

That side won't be flat once sanded and should be for the cobs. It's best to sand it as clean as possible and use the old front for the heatsink and use the old flat back for the cobs.
Thanks, that makes sense.
no worrys dude, the more info on hacking a mars the better this thread is.
Cool :) I got my package of cob supplies in the mail, and a letter from the property manager informing me of an inspection next week lol. More waiting...

more parts have arrived, just waiting on the cobs and the little rubber widgets for the holes but at least I can now get started... time to start designing... some how i got 3 heat sinks, I only ordered 2...get in

WP_20170307_13_08_33_Rich (2).jpg

Back