Lighting Mars Reflector 48 hack

I personally don't like the "fancy" ideal holders. It's the only option for paralell wiring though. As I continuously mess around with lights, rebuild, test ext. the ideal don't always hold the cob if its ever removed. Then to add in a reflector you have to add in that piece of crap adapter. They also don't sit flat unless you add the reflector adapter since it's screws are offset. I spent quite some time talking with the Distributers and vendors of most of these products. Our eastern sales rep here for bjb was a very knowledgeable guy and helpful as well. Ideal I sat on hold for over an hour and finally hung up.

I know I know it's just a holder but I do prefer the better one. :rofl:

No the 3590 are a little bigger than the clu048

Thanks for that @BigSm0 glad I didn't jump right on in there on that buy... well it looks like I'm going to have to ship them from the states then, what one would you recommend if you don't like the ideal ones

I prefer the bjb. They are rated for 150v and series wiring only as they only have one positive and negative per holder. The ideal are rated for 250v and series or parallel but not as good in my opinion. Let me check and see what padded envelope would cost to ship to the U.K. I'm sure my price is a lot cheaper than what your finding online.

I prefer the bjb. They are rated for 150v and series wiring only as they only have one positive and negative per holder. The ideal are rated for 250v and series or parallel but not as good in my opinion. Let me check and see what padded envelope would cost to ship to the U.K. I'm sure my price is a lot cheaper than what your finding online.

To be honest its been a challenge to get hold of these holders...I'm looking as i type. I'm after 10, PM me the price dude. It looking like no mater where I go they will have to be shipped. Rather go through you.

It might be worth clubbing a few UK peeps together for a job lot :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Medium flat rate box is 45 dollars to the U.K. I could fit about 100 cobs and 100 holders in that. .45 cents per cob is very reasonable for shipping if bought in bulk

Just a thought bigsm0 could you ship a big lot to Amazon UK and let them fulfill for you?
That's a great idea and could possibly work but the amazon fees are outrageous. I don't know how anyone can afford to sell with them nevermind prime. I think the cobs we listed on amazon was around 20-25 each just in fees then prime you pay more for storing your products and having them ship for you.

Back