Lighting Mars Reflector 48 hack

Cut my heat sinks to size and started to lay stuff out and work out my design...then got told off by the misses for making too much noise during Mid Summer Murders... no more playing with my toys tonight, shall be starting the tapping tomorrow then.
WP_20170307_20_35_09_Rich.jpg

The heat sinks will have to sit on the out side of the case, just not enough room on the inside.

WP_20170307_20_42_49_Rich.jpg

Did mange to change the fan for something quieter... Now that didn't make any noise and interrupt the hallowed viewing of Mid Summer Murders

WP_20170307_21_30_20_Rich (2).jpg

Re used the connectors to make things easy

WP_20170307_21_31_05_Rich (2).jpg

Hid the spare wires from the fan behind one of the screws

WP_20170307_21_35_32_Rich (2).jpg

That's it for now until I can start tapping and drilling holes in every thing.

:pass:

It just crossed my mind on why Mars claims this is a 150w light... Well it has 2 x 50w drivers for the LED's and 1 x 50w driver for the fan... Well that does add up to 150.
I wounder when I open my 600w one open I will find 400w to the lights and 200w to the 2 fans.

Sent from mTalk

It just crossed my mind on why Mars claims this is a 150w light... Well it has 2 x 50w drivers for the LED's and 1 x 50w driver for the fan... Well that does add up to 150.
I wounder when I open my 600w one open I will find 400w to the lights and 200w to the 2 fans.

Sent from mTalk

Slater It takes 4 drivers for 2 switches bloom/grow no driver is needed for a fan.. or fans...

your doing great job with this build!!!

unless there are pulling low voltage from a driver..hhhmmmmmm to save money.

What are you guys trying to do to me here @Slater haha! I just joined this site and I am already buying new tents, stockpiling seeds, and apparently getting back to assembling electronics and panel wiring assemblies. Which I had done for a living before I opted to stop working for the man and work for myself.

All these awesome threads have me pondering some sort of streamlined factory of COB assembling with special discounts for AFN members! Anyone want to fund this awesome idea? Jobs for AFN members start at 25 per hour! Stock options included!

Nice work man will be doing some similar stuff here real soon. Still formulating some ideas, thinking about something a little bit original and outside the box. Thanks for the thread and work so far:greenthumb:

What are you guys trying to do to me here @Slater haha! I just joined this site and I am already buying new tents, stockpiling seeds, and apparently getting back to assembling electronics and panel wiring assemblies. Which I had done for a living before I opted to stop working for the man and work for myself.

All these awesome threads have me pondering some sort of streamlined factory of COB assembling with special discounts for AFN members! Anyone want to fund this awesome idea? Jobs for AFN members start at 25 per hour! Stock options included!

Nice work man will be doing some similar stuff here real soon. Still formulating some ideas, thinking about something a little bit original and outside the box. Thanks for the thread and work so far:greenthumb:

You know what this site can have that effect, I never in a million years thought I would find my self building lighting...which part of the world you from @NebulaNuggets , that's kinda the idea I'm having for the UK. Pimp grow lights or hacks for the small time gardener...

@The Elvis this is the dedicated one the fan uses for this model , I take that 50w back and make that 12w for the fan... So the 150w mars light is only 112w if you go by the mars calculations...don't forget to add the watts of the fan in to boost the figures... that being said Mars you do make an OK light to get started from.

2017-02-26 07.23.30.jpg

Last edited:
You know what this site can have that effect, I never in a million years thought I would find my self building lighting...which part of the world you from @NebulaNuggets , that's kinda the idea I'm having for the UK. Pimp grow lights or hacks for the small time gardener...

Funny you mention, pimp grow lights. Been thinking that ever since I saw what was involved in making COBs, then your hack on the mars.... the cost involved to buy in large quantities and then build/modify existing ideas on the market.....there is a huge market here I think. And it is only growing. With the knowledge of electronics assemblies and panel wiring I have, as well as designing circuit boards and programming automated machines....yeah there's real opportunity here.

Sorry man I am in the states. Arizona, if anyone is actually interested. Better yet, nevermind. Keep this idea behind closed doors for now haha! When there is opportunity there to capitalize on an idea and profit you better take it before someone else does!

Back