The Gluten Free Bakery opened a branch outlet in Clovis that is closer to us, maybe not a good thing?

I know a loaf of Sourdough Bread and a coffee cake may not seem so special but they are Gluten Free and taste like or better than the regular wheat versions. I went 5 or more years without any good sourdough bread - seemed an eternity. Now this is like Nirvana to me!

IMG_20241020_205936541.jpg

I am calling dibs on the donut in the top left :haha:
It's a pistachio custard beignet and the cookies are chocolate ginger. Got a late start today and they were sold out of stuff we normally get. The lady that owns the bakery worked in Paris for ten years. She don't play!!! Top 5 bakery I've been to in this country and easily the best bakery I've been to in the south east. Got brioche loaves, a couple of boules, and baguettes as well.

Place is about an hour and a half away in Charlottesville, VA so we stock up when we go. Not cheap by any means, but will take quality over quantity any day of the week

The Gluten Free Bakery opened a branch outlet in Clovis that is closer to us, maybe not a good thing?

I know a loaf of Sourdough Bread and a coffee cake may not seem so special but they are Gluten Free and taste like or better than the regular wheat versions. I went 5 or more years without any good sourdough bread - seemed an eternity. Now this is like Nirvana to me!

View attachment 1713517

That's gotta be rough ditching the gluten, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. At least you got some good alternatives now days! Won't get started on the sourdough bakeries around SF, but it's one of the first things I do when I get off the plane . Ain't real sourdough unless you gotta worry about having to go top the dentist! :rofl:

Last edited:
@Mañ'O'Green, you guys venture into Sequoia and Kings Canyon very often? Clovis has a cool Main Street/drag. Spent the night there and grabbed dinner and breakfast right before covid. Lot's of low riders the night we were there so dad was stoked on all the cars. He rattled off what every car was and what was original on them or not. Did a trip with the old man to Yosemite and Sequoia among other spots

Last edited:
The Original San Francisco Sourdough Bread was by far the best sourdough I ever got to eat. The company had to close when one of it's delivery truck drivers hit and killed a pedestrian. It did not have enough insurance at the time. Their starter died during the closure and was lost forever. Boudin took over the market since and is good but not the same.

Acme Bakery in SF makes amazing breads, boy do I miss that!

@Mañ'O'Green, you guys venture into Sequoia and Kings Canyon very often? Clovis has a cool Main Street/drag. Spent the night there and grabbed dinner and breakfast right before covid. Lot's of low riders the night we were there so dad was stoked on all the cars. He rattled off what every car was and what was original on them or not. Did a trip with the old man to Yosemite and Sequoia among other spots
Oh yes, Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and all of the hundreds of miles of the east central Sierra Nevada Mountain range are basically my back yard. We go see the big trees at least every other year. Yosemite is so busy that it is not pleasurable to visit - damn tourists :rofl:

Back