Finally got the bed transplanted. Surgery set me back a couple weeks. Gonna have to top again. Planned on topping a couple of them for the second time to take clones, but still thrown off track. Will flip in a week and half. Got 3 historic Afghan plants from the early 90's in the front, 2 Emergen C( Seed Junky), two Grapefruit Slushies(Tiki Madman), one Peanut Butter Breath, and one Cap Junky

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.18.56 PM.png

How cool! New Quarter! No Quarter!!!! So rad. Anyway its great to see everybody today, Hi AFN fam! 👋 i feel i have here what is called a “Teaching Moment” and might be good for some beginners struggling with troubleshooting deficiencies! A few days ago i saw some foliage getting light in color and kind of resembling calcium deficiency amd without even thinking, next watering hit it with some cal mag, this is when the real culprit reared its ugly head! In the first photo, you will see what is referred to as Potassium Deficiency, it shows itself on older and outer leaves first! And this is what i didnt pay attention to! Anyway, i have been giving my plants a steady supply of molasses between and with feedings, my plants shouldnt be cal mag hungry! But what i did wrong was copy somebody elses grow and their results and tried to counteract them before they were issues instead of paying attention to my girls. Potassium deficiency doesn’t necessarily come from a lack of potassium. It can be locked out by excess amounts of nitrogen and calcium and that is exactly what i am experiencing! So what i did to remedy the situation, and we will se what happens, is when it was time to water i mixed up my micros and a very light nitrogen and higher Phosphorus and Potassium at about 50% strength under 1000ppm and watered to runoff to waste to wash some of the calcium and nitrogen and HOPEFULLY get back to normal levels. It is showing in both plants, but only slightly in one amd i dont think it will suffer, the other plant, we will see. Anyway, hopwfully somebody can learn from this amd not have to suffer the same fate as me. So my error was reading that these plants might get a little calmag thirsty, what did i do? Overloaded them with calmag instead of watching my girls amd letting them speak for themselves. ❤️🙏🌱
IMG_1992.jpeg

Back