Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a week is too long and that the seed is likely a dud. I would try a direct to solo germination and see if something pops and go from there. I've had some weird colored seeds do just fine.

Ok, so I said a week in distilled water, but actually I do a 24 hour soak in water, then into medium. I had it in rockwool, but then yesterday I got curious and took a peek, and nothing. So back into just water and now here we are.

Ok, so I said a week in distilled water, but actually I do a 24 hour soak in water, then into medium. I had it in rockwool, but then yesterday I got curious and took a peek, and nothing. So back into just water and now here we are.

That’s too long to soak seeds this is what I was taught. I scuff seeds in the sand paper tube. I don’t soak any seeds longer then 5 hrs then straight to media with great germination rates I’d like to say 100% but I know I’ve had a few not sprout but not many

“Fresh seed does not need to be soaked. After 2 or 3 years seeds will benefit from an 8 -10 hour soak in a mild kelp solution. Soaking longer then that risks drowning the seed. Kelp has natural Gibberellic acid GA3 which is a growth stimulator.”

There is an Amish bakery near me that makes them fresh every day. And they use Nathans dogs. Soooo good.

2 of those and a diet birch beer are my lunch at least once a week.
We've got an Amish market here that makes them and there awesome. And only $1.50 :mrgreen:

That’s too long to soak seeds this is what I was taught. I scuff seeds in the sand paper tube. I don’t soak any seeds longer then 5 hrs then straight to media with great germination rates I’d like to say 100% but I know I’ve had a few not sprout but not many

“Fresh seed does not need to be soaked. After 2 or 3 years seeds will benefit from an 8 -10 hour soak in a mild kelp solution. Soaking longer then that risks drowning the seed. Kelp has natural Gibberellic acid GA3 which is a growth stimulator.”
I had really good luck with just using planting the seed no soak or scuff. But Ive not tried any seeds over 2 years old yet. I got damn near 100% germ too. Found you do have a greater chance of the seedling damping off on you. That’s happened probably 10 times. And maybe had 1or 2 seeds not pop. I was also reusing soil when I have had most mine dampen off. Like 6 in a row. Then changed to fresh soil and not so much humidity to start.

If they are both really big but also really light brown they could be underdeveloped! I know when i have nanners that slip thru and i get a few late seeds they are always well before the “tiger stripe” stage and its due to them being underdeveloped cuz of when they started forming! :shrug:

I had really good luck with just using planting the seed no soak or scuff. But Ive not tried any seeds over 2 years old yet. I got damn near 100% germ too. Found you do have a greater chance of the seedling damping off on you. That’s happened probably 10 times. And maybe had 1or 2 seeds not pop. I was also reusing soil when I have had most mine dampen off. Like 6 in a row. Then changed to fresh soil and not so much humidity to start.

Yup the soak isn’t necessary I just had good luck after starting to do it so I haven’t changed how I do it.

Thank you @Frankthetank
The main reason I do the soak is for the kelp :headbang:
1698351150496.gif

@PeaceLove&Buds - I am making more gummies with the Ardent tomorrow. I can take some pics, measurements, and show you some of the process I use if you'd like. It's not the only way to do it, just another reference point.
D I would LOVE that!! Thank you my man!

Hey, great advice on the kelp thing, I hadn't thought of that. I put a few drops of kelp solution on top of the rockwool that the seeds are in.

1698351751833.png

I swapped out the orange diesel seed for a new one. The grape soda already had its little tail going on, when I put it in the rockwool.

Then they each got a few drops of kelp stuff that I add to my nutrient solution usually.

Humidity dome on, and their on the warming mat on my work bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back